Reaction score
I can tell you I'm not bringing the dragon

Komododragon-01.jpg

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dinosaur bones.

That's my theory anyway.

Marco Polo reported he was told of a fierce animal the size of large man or a little larger, in some province he never visited. It walked upright, had claws, and ate people. No mention of fire that I recall, but it has been 45 or 50 years since I read that. I always suspected he had the bones of a velociraptor or other similar sized raptor described to him. Certainly Chinese traditional medicine was reported to grind up "dragon" bones (dinosaur) for use in traditional medicine. Who knows what has been lost to science? I don't know what that may have contributed to our western belief in dragons

There is actual record of Aborigines fighting giant Lizards with fire. And don't forget their are actual dragons living on Comodo. :)

I you mean they used fire to fight lizards, that isn't difficult to believe. If you mean they fought lizards that used fire as a defense, aborigines aren't the only ones who have believed that, right up to this day. Just read all the posts here. :lfao:

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think dragons is a p cool guy, eh breathes fire and doesn't afraid of anything.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Marco Polo reported he was told of a fierce animal the size of large man or a little larger, in some province he never visited. It walked upright, had claws, and ate people. No mention of fire that I recall, but it has been 45 or 50 years since I read that. I always suspected he had the bones of a velociraptor or other similar sized raptor described to him. Certainly Chinese traditional medicine was reported to grind up "dragon" bones (dinosaur) for use in traditional medicine. Who knows what has been lost to science? I don't know what that may have contributed to our western belief in dragons

I you mean they used fire to fight lizards, that isn't difficult to believe. If you mean they fought lizards that used fire as a defense, aborigines aren't the only ones who have believed that, right up to this day. Just read all the posts here. :lfao:
The fire was in the bite. That is the only way they could describe the pain. LOL Believe dat. :)

Latest Discussions