Notice

G

GouRonin

After receiving a phone call tonight, I am hereby apologizing to Kirk and other members of Martial Talk for any of my behaviors which have been hurtful and/or otherwise disprespectful.

It was less than should be expected from someone who wishes to be called a martial artist and was not conducive to the martial arts community as a whole and did not foster an atmosphere of welcoming for this message board.

At the same time I would like to apologize to the moderators themselves for the trouble I have given them as well. They do a tough job and work hard to bring an environment to the martial arts community that is informative and brings together artists in a forum that allows growth together and knowledge to be passed to each other.

To any other members of this board that I have offended please accept my apologies. Should you wish to address any grievences with me and receive an apology directly for said issue, my e-mail address is [email protected] . I will personally answer each of them. This includes organizations as well.

While I may have certain feelings on many subjects I should, and will in the future, work towards resolving them with positive solutions and with the thought of the feelings other persons in mind. I also will not attend any seminars with any intention but that of a learning student.

To those that I am associated with. I apologize for bringing their reputation into a less than favourable light. My friends, peers, and teachers deserve a better friend, peer, and student and should not have to deal with the problems I have caused to arise.

Finally I would ask that the moderators place a suspension on my account for a length of time they see fit so that I may have time to address the consequences my agressiveness and unprofessional conduct has wrought and harmonize my life.

When I return I will strive and endevour to bring myself to higher level of conduct. Again, my apologies to all.

Doug.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gou. Regardless of what others may think I believe your a man among men. I'll be looking forward to the next Huk Planas seminar to get some more hands on with 'ya.:D

OP
J

Jill666

If I had any grievance I would address them with you- I do not.

There seem to be many good people here, and I would count you one of them. I wish you well.

:yinyang:

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

What's the problem? I don't recall ever reading a negative post from you in which you offended anyone. As a matter of fact, you're one of the funniest people here:)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This last weekend, Gou, tied me in knots, kicked me in the ribs, climbed me like a tree, let me stay at his house, he and his wife feed me, and drove me around. This means I will have to go back to his place to get a dose of his unique sense of humor.

No matter what has happened Doug is a stand up man in person.

As for some of the others on this board I have not had the priviledge to meet them. I have had good and bad discussions with people also. In the written word it is not easy to hear the sarcasm or to see the smile or body language.

Just my thoughts

OP
K

KenpoGirl

I know from experience how easy it is for people to take what you say on a forum the wrong way and then have everything get out of whack.

Doug is a good friend, he has helped me on many an occation with my kenpo instruction, supporting me and occationally kicking me in the *** to get me going again. (Think he enjoys that part)

I have also chatted with Kirk on many an occation and have enjoyed the conversations very much. I think the problem was/is that they are too much alike, both willing to speak their minds. So head butting and chest pounding is inevitable.

I am glad you have put this issue to rest, no good could have come from it. :(

Dot
:asian:

OP
J

Jas0n

Geezzz you mkae it sound like you were part of a big conspiracy to bring down martial artists all over the world?

You cant be that bad....:eek: :shrug:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Gou. Regardless of what others may think I believe your a man among men. I'll be looking forward to the next Huk Planas seminar to get some more hands on with 'ya.:D

Gee, if you only thought that highly of me.:wah:

I'm still ticked at Gou, he said I have bad breath, and that I was ugly, I am neither!;)

OP
J

Jill666

May I asked what sparked all this? Was there a specific incident?

Paul, I saw one thread that had disintegrated badly, and let's not rehash. This was specifically between Kirk & Doug, I think. But in any case, I've valued both the short time I've been here.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't want to rehash anything....

I was just wondering if there actually was one specific thing to spark this, or if it was a bunch of stuff strung together.

Hey, I know for myself that I'm @$$hole all the time, but for me it would take one specific incident of me being a HUGE @$$ before I would be compelled to create a thread just specifically to apologize for it! :p

Anyways, there I go again.:moon:

Ugggggh...it just never seems to end with me!:rolleyes:

:D

OP
J

Jill666

Holy ***** -

:rofl: :rofl:

(wipes tear from eye)

Just when sincerity reared it's ugly head.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Does this mean he will no longer be ripping Taekwondo and Kenpo??? :confused:

You mean to tell me no more shots at my Art from cyberspace, what the hell will I have to complain about now? :vu:
I don't know what I'll do... :D :lol:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
Does this mean he will no longer be ripping Taekwondo and Kenpo??? :confused:

You mean to tell me no more shots at my Art from cyberspace, what the hell will I have to complain about now? :vu:
I don't know what I'll do... :D :lol:

If you really want someone to slam TKD, I am willing to take up that job. I would start withthe ABC's

A - Absolutely worthless
B - Basically ineffective
C - Completley done in fun

I am just joking so no bomb threats.

I am glad Gou stood up, he is a good guy with a very sharp tongue. I enjoy bantering with him, drinking with him, watching the ballet with him and on the few occasions so far training with him.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
Yeah, and wordy too. I suspect you may in fact be Canadian.

Damn you, Arnisador! How'd you find out! Now I know why John Ashcroft keeps stopping by my house! because of your comments, I'm on his list!

Hopefully Gou will let me move in if I am deported.

:erg: :lol:

And what if I'm too wordy for the Canadian Government? Where will I go then? And what if....umph mzaknfkdnkmsamkm (I am being muffled by the CIA, who is now taking apart my computer here at work).

:cool:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rob_Broad
If you really want someone to slam TKD, I am willing to take up that job. I would start withthe ABC's

A - Absolutely worthless
B - Basically ineffective
C - Completley done in fun

I am just joking so no bomb threats.

I am glad Gou stood up, he is a good guy with a very sharp tongue. I enjoy bantering with him, drinking with him, watching the ballet with him and on the few occasions so far training with him.

Hey, hey hey, what do Canadians have against TKD?
Forget about that Billy Banks bullsheeat. Our Art is effective if taught correctly, and practiced correctly.
Mr. Mavis is a Taekwondoist, and he's from the Great White North. So our Art can't be too worthless... ;)

Latest Discussions