T.K.D. is dead

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well after going over two years of posting the last week, I can see the T.K.D. section has really gone down hill. Not anybody fault but the quality of post are just terrible, people asking the same old question 500 times and same old answers always giving. Have a wonderful day.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well after going over two years of posting the last week, I can see the T.K.D. section has really gone down hill. Not anybody fault but the quality of post are just terrible, people asking the same old question 500 times and same old answers always giving. Have a wonderful day.
Not sure why you're so surprised. I mean TKD is flawed methodology with out of date training methods. The fact that many people would consider it a TMA makes it even worse. So along with Karate, Aikido, Wing Chun, Ninjutsu and just about every other martial art you care to name, it is irrelevant to today's martial art scene. If it can't be used successfully by itself against the worlds top UFC fighters in the Octagon it has no value. So if we could all just jump on the MMA bandwagon and forget our petty differences we could all live in perfect harmony. We could even rename the site 'MMAtalk'. Pity help anyone who tries to stand up for their art so why would you bother? On MMAtalk we wouldn't even need a TKD section.
Sorry! Does this sound cynical?
:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Could be worse. Could be Starbucks.

"Why do you hate the troops?"
"Wheres my organic milk?"
"Why is there no pumpkin in my pumpkin spice drink?"
"Stop trying to give me cancer"
"I'm never buying your stuff again until you 1-give soldiers free coffee, 2-give me organic milk/almond milk/coconut milk, 3- take out the toxins foodbabe says you have in it, 4- some other reason that I dont understand but want to rant about."
"Why won't you tell me if your coffee has glutten in it?"

etc. over and over and over and over again.

At least here there's some variety and no ones demanded organic vegan glutten free TKD yet.

:D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Not sure why you're so surprised. I mean TKD is flawed methodology with out of date training methods. The fact that many people would consider it a TMA makes it even worse. So along with Karate, Aikido, Wing Chun, Ninjutsu and just about every other martial art you care to name, it is irrelevant to today's martial art scene. If it can't be used successfully by itself against the worlds top UFC fighters in the Octagon it has no value. So if we could all just jump on the MMA bandwagon and forget our petty differences we could all live in perfect harmony. We could even rename the site 'MMAtalk'. Pity help anyone who tries to stand up for their art so why would you bother? On MMAtalk we wouldn't even need a TKD section.
Sorry! Does this sound cynical?
:asian:
Cynical isn't the word that comes to mind. :rolleyes:

Bob, I must not spend as much time in Starbucks as you. Sounds like a depressing place!

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suggest you watch the move Foot Fist Way and see if that will Mc Do Jo cheer you up. Why does everyone say Mc Do Jo when in Korean it should be Mc Do Jang?? Martial Art to its true form has never been about a commercial endeavor to die the death of faddism Tie bo Cardio kick box on and on they come and they go and one day MMA will to but as long as true masters in any art form are alive they will not change and it will go on. However it may not be a huge commercial or national success. The lack of posts and quality of posts comes from the fact the many quality people are just to busy with what matters to the art and all subjects have been beat to death with no resolve or endless neophytes thinking they have found a new foot or other appendage never discovered before.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Master Dan, may I ask you what "Martial Art to its true form", as you put it, really is about?

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just don't have much to say these days. If a topic comes up that piques my interest, I'll definitely participate but those are infrequent. Technique discussions are boring since you can't teach over the internet and the people who benefit from them really need to seek out instruction in person from someone qualified even if that is not their current teacher. I find MA politics anathema and have largely achieved my goals in MA (rank, successful school, strong enduring relationships, etc.), so I tend to stay away from topics that sit within those domains. <shrugs>

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well Bob I don't do Starbucks, K-man cynical no way not you, everyone else got 10 post out you all to go toward the total post count for each month. Not bad for just getting back into UPWE

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The TKD section is not the ony one that has had a lower post count over the last few years. But like everything else related to the martial arts this forum seem to have ebbs and flows as to which section is being posted in. We have had an influx of TKD people then the Ninja's, Then the Chinese, the Okinawan, the Islanders, etc. everyone seems to hit all at once from one or another of these fractions stay a while then drift away only to return at a later point.
Want a high post count or a section to get more activity; people in the traditional sections need to ask questions, maybe on a form and how they interpit a move in it or how a section is done and why. In the MMA they can star discussions on why a certain technique is no longer used or how and why a counter works better than another.
Terry it is not just your section it is most of the Martial Arts sections that have declined. Now the political thats another story

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score

Sad but it's true.

Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe we are saturated of TKD, you see TKD in every corners, there are so many tornaments out there where people step, step, step kick, step,step,kick-kickm using funny equipment with very low technique and almost everithing counting as a point in the kyorugy.

Maybe if we just focus on basics we can recuperate the nice martial art we have been doing for so many years.

I am a tecnique passionate, not a sport crazy man, and the side of the sport is wining over the martial art. With all respect the guys of the martial art cumunity I used to hang on takes tkd as a mac dojong or belt factories and belive this guys (karate, aikido, kung fu) are working very hard to show the people in my twon waht a good karate class is or a good aikido class is, even given exhibitions at the open and we (tkd) inside the MacDojangs doing step step step and kick and playing games because the children get bored easily or even planing the next halloween party in customes inside dojang with a very nice PIÑATA!!! C'mon!!!

Karate is resurging in the society of my town, aikido is gainin space rapidily and TKD is crowded with kids wanting to be the next olimpic star!!

So who's fault? We, very simple.

Manny

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well Bob I don't do Starbucks, K-man cynical no way not you, everyone else got 10 post out you all to go toward the total post count for each month. Not bad for just getting back into UPWE
Mate, this post is expressing a similar cynicism to that I feel. Keep your head up. There's bound to be some life left in TKD.
:s425:

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I could post some controversial topics to liven the place up! Maybe I will dredge up my old Youth Black Belts thread to get things going!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"I'm never buying your stuff again until you 1-give soldiers free coffee, 2-give me organic milk/almond milk/coconut milk, 3- take out the toxins foodbabe says you have in it, 4- some other reason that I dont understand but want to rant about."

Foodbabe :rolleyes:

The Jenny McCarthy/Dr. Oz/Deepak Chopra of food. I would add Sylvia Browne to the list of charlatans, but she unexpectedly died.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Foodbabe :rolleyes:

The Jenny McCarthy/Dr. Oz/Deepak Chopra of food. I would add Sylvia Browne to the list of charlatans, but she unexpectedly died.

up there with Oprah spreading miss information and BS.

Latest Discussions