Pat Robertson Off his rocker??

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if I am the only one who thinks Pat Robertson has gone off the deep end.

First the man calls himself a Christian but calls for the assanation of Chavez (guess that whole thou shalt not kill commandment has selective applications) and now he is saying the stroke suffered by Sharon, a man close to 80 years old, is God's wrath coming down for dividing God's Land....

"God considers this land to be his," Robertson said on his TV program "The 700 Club." "You read the Bible and he says `This is my land,' and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says, `No, this is mine.'"

"In discussing what he said was God's insistence that Israel not be divided, Robertson also referred to the 1995 assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, who had sought to achieve peace by giving land to the Palestinians. "It was a terrible thing that happened, but nevertheless he was dead," he said."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060106/ap_on_re_us/robertson_sharon_14

Last time I checked, strokes and heart attacks in people that old were not that uncommon....
Also last time I checked these days at least int he Catholic Church you are typically taught that God is not a vengeful god and this sounds vengeful to me....:idunno:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I've long had the opinion that Robertson, and a few other fundies were probably clinically insane. I mean, how serious can you take a man who blames pagans for Katrina, and has repeatedly looked at terroristic acts as Gods vengence?

What I'd like to know is, if he ever suffers something like this himself, will he see it as just a medical condition due to age, or "Gods wrath for his suffering from eternal cranial rectal inversion"?

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep, he's goofy. I guess Sharon would never have any health problems if he would not have carved up God's land. Wasn't there a guy in the Bible named Methusaleh or something like that who lived to be 969 years old? I guess Sharon would have outlived him if only he hadn't ruined Israel by giving some of it away. Must be true...it's in the Bible.

OP
Ping898

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I predict a hurricane will destroy your heathen server for this.

Well I posted this at work, so hopefully if it destroys the heathen server at work, I won't have to work anymore today and get a long weekend....

OP
Ping898

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Satt said:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Just cause you have an opinion, doesn't mean you have to share it...

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like Pat. I figure if I ever turn my life over to God completely, I'm gonna be a snake handler. No fear... I mean Know fear!
Sean

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ping898 said:
Just cause you have an opinion, doesn't mean you have to share it...

I agree - it's hard for me to contemplate a religious leader who thinks that physical illness caused by age is deserved in any fashion. I also think that Pat Robertson has a tendency to speak without thinking - scary in someone in his position.

bustr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Here's why the neo-CONs hate Chavez:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1514295/posts

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Mexican President Vicente Fox will ask his counterparts at the Americas Summit in Argentina to set a date to relaunch negotiations for the Free Trade Area of the Americas, a Mexican official said Wednesday.
Yanerit Morgan Sotomayor, a top official at the Foreign Relations Department, said Mexico would try to revive negotiations for the hemisphere-wide free trade accord, or at least "maintain the process to continue negotiations."

The effort to create a so-called FTAA, which would include every country in the Western Hemisphere except Cuba, has been stalled as Brazil and the United States bicker over U.S. protections for American farmers and Brazil's laws covering the protection of intellectual property rights.

Negotiatiors have already missed an original January 2005 deadline for wrapping up the talks, despite a watered-down two-tier approach that has been dubbed "FTAA lite" by critics.

Sotomayor said Mexico would like to see negotiations reactivated early next year, at the latest.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has vowed, along with thousands of anti-free trade protesters in Argentina, to block any attempts to reactivate the FTAA.

Organization of American States Secretary-General Jose Miguel Insulza has said he believes it will be difficult to dive into FTAA negotiations until the next round of World Trade Organization talks have progressed.

The FTAA proposal initially came out of the first Americas Summit in 1994 in Miami.

Fox travels to Costa Rica on Wednesday before heading to Argentina.

Luckily some Christians are clear thinkers.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils in Government/depleted_uranium.htm

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
I like Pat. I figure if I ever turn my life over to God completely, I'm gonna be a snake handler. No fear... I mean Know fear!
Sean

I like him as well, but he tends to suffer from a rectal cranial inversion once in a while. I read his comments this morning, reminded me of when Sadam blamed our most recent space suttle accident, as retribution from God. Makes you think..........:uhohh:

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Pat Robertson has never really impressed my. On this topic, the guy's a whack job. Yeah, he was entitled to his opinion but it didn't do him any favors to voice it.

We all have plenty to be concerned about with Chavez, not just the "neo-cons". Cute name.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Satt said:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Yes, they are, and we are entitled to disagree with that opinion. Robertson's statements, IMO, are an embarrassment to all Christians because too many non-Christians are under the impression that he represents most Protestant views in America. Of course nothing could be further from the truth - he doesn't.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
jdinca said:
On this topic, the guy's a whack job.

A minister who thinks God is looking for excuses to kill people and level towns? Well, maybe you're on to something...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Ping898 said:
I am wondering if I am the only one who thinks Pat Robertson has gone off the deep end.

nuttier than train load of pralines, elevator doesn't go to the top floor, lights are on but nobody's home, playin' with half a deck, a few cans shy of a six pack, a few sandwiches short of a picnic, more than a few fries short of a happy meal-DOWN THE ROAD AND AROUND THE CORNER WHERE THE BUSSES DON"T GO ANYMORE!

and been there quite a while, too.........:eek:

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
elder999 said:
nuttier than train load of pralines, elevator doesn't go to the top floor, lights are on but nobody's home, playin' with half a deck, a few cans shy of a six pack, a few sandwiches short of a picnic, more than a few fries short of a happy meal-DOWN THE ROAD AND AROUND THE CORNER WHERE THE BUSSES DON"T GO ANYMORE!

and been there quite a while, too.........:eek:

ROFL! So, you don't like him?

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
As a 'born-again Christian' who tends to lean conservatively in fiscal politicl matters, I gotta admit I think the guys off....

Problem is, the guy is speaking to an audience that wants to eat that stuff up. They want to see 'the God of the Old Testament' and 'prophecy being fulfilled today' and be able to correlate Ezekial with USA Today and such. So it's easy for him to say stuff like that, but he's not in a vacuum and other people hear him make such wierd remarksand it makes him look like an idiot and the rest of us as well

Not that, as a Christian, I don't believe that God does act in the world today, but I think some people go looking for trouble

John 9:2,3

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've come to look forward to Robertson saying something idiotic. He goes off about...what? Every three months?

Taken correctly, it can be fun. We can elevate ourselves when we reflect how stupid guys like this are. It makes the rest of us feel much smarter.

But then, listening to a Presidential press conference does that far better.

Regards,

Steve

Latest Discussions