Pat Robertson Off his rocker??

rziriak

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am an Apostolic minister. Have been for 18 years. I am conservative in every view point. Some have called me a right winger. However, Robertson is completely off base and gives conservative voices a bad reputation. It is a pity he is still spouting his garbage.

My 2 cents worth

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
I've come to look forward to Robertson saying something idiotic.

God's going to give you male pattern baldness for saying that, dude.

I agree though. He's funny to me...but some of what he's said is horribly offensive.

I also concur with the statement that he's speaking to his audience, and they want to hear stuff like this...sadly.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I also concur with the statement that he's speaking to his audience, and they want to hear stuff like this...sadly.
The people who call themselves Christians and WANT to hear this kind of stuff ... AREN'T Christians.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
rziriak said:
I am an Apostolic minister. Have been for 18 years. I am conservative in every view point. Some have called me a right winger. However, Robertson is completely off base and gives conservative voices a bad reputation. It is a pity he is still spouting his garbage.

My 2 cents worth
If Pat Robertson didn't exist, the left would have to invent him. Of course for every Pat Robertson spouting idiotic remarks, there's a Reverend Al Sharpton and a Reverend Jesse Jackson, talking about 'Whitie' and 'Hymie town', and getting supporters to shoot shop owners and their shops burnt down.....so stupidity knows no political ideology.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
If Pat Robertson didn't exist, the left would have to invent him. Of course for every Pat Robertson spouting idiotic remarks, there's a Reverend Al Sharpton and a Reverend Jesse Jackson, talking about 'Whitie' and 'Hymie town', and getting supporters to shoot shop owners and their shops burnt down.....so stupidity knows no political ideology.

The only difference is that Pat Robertson has millions of dollars via the COC, an hour long television show that plays every day, and tens of millions of people who :rolleyes: religiously:rolleyes: follow him. People like Sharpton and Jackson don't even hold a candle to this...

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think this is a left-right thing. I'm not sure how what Robertson said could be construed as 'right wing', and I've heard a number of right-wing radio commentators saying that what he said was either nut case or worse.

Robertson happens to belong to a relgious belief system that happens to be mine as well so when he says something out of line, which I feel this is, he is representing me in a way that I don't wish to be portrayed

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
The only difference is that Pat Robertson has millions of dollars via the COC, an hour long television show that plays every day, and tens of millions of people who :rolleyes: religiously:rolleyes: follow him. People like Sharpton and Jackson don't even hold a candle to this...

And they couldn't, thank God!

Not saying that everything the man says is gold, but he has done some good. I just think he's inserted his foot once to many times and he's now doing more harm than anything else. It's time for him to pass the torch and retire.

Ronin Moose

Blue Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:

This sounds like a lack of proper marketing strategy on Jesse and Al's part. Not that I want to see any more wackos with a voice reaching into our living rooms. IMHO, they're all full of it!

-Garry

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Pat is getting up in years, and when he finally has a heart attack or stroke himself, develops cancer etc. it will be THE WRATH OF GOD AS FORETOLD IN THE BOOK OF BLAHBLAHBLAH.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, it's one thing to claim to be a Christian- I'll admit I'm one. However, I don't believe looking at every single thing that happens in this world to be "God's Judgement" (although I think some things happen for a reason), nor do I go around saying your going to Hades (sp?) for every little mess up in your life. I'll reserve the rest of my religious theories for another time, but that's the basic.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Well, i'm not aware of anyone shooting someone else at Robertson's prompting....it seems that Sharpton's followers are a little MORE radical still. He hold's a protest against a 'hymie' store owner, and one of his supporters goes in to the store and shoots several people, then sets the store on fire. Who's more dangerous, some guy who spouts stuff nobody really does anything based on anyway, or a guy who, when he starts spouting rhetoric and vitriole, inspire his followers to violent action? Keep in mind, Sharpton had enough of a following to run for president.

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house." Al Sharpton Brooklyn 1992

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=18207

Pat Robertson isn't a target because he has a big mouth, or because he's an idiot, there's lots of examples of that on both sides, many of them far more moronic, but because the left thinks he's part of the reason that the Democrats have been losing. They want to focus on Robertson, and make him a strawman for everything conservative. If it were otherwise, they'd just write off Robertson as a clown, like they do so many others.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Well, i'm not aware of anyone shooting someone else at Robertson's prompting....it seems that Sharpton's followers are a little MORE radical still. He hold's a protest against a 'hymie' store owner, and one of his supporters goes in to the store and shoots several people, then sets the store on fire. Who's more dangerous, some guy who spouts stuff nobody really does anything based on anyway, or a guy who, when he starts spouting rhetoric and vitriole, inspire his followers to violent action? Keep in mind, Sharpton had enough of a following to run for president.

I seems to remember some fundies shooting at abortion clinics awhile back...

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house." Al Sharpton Brooklyn 1992

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=18207

I had never seem this until I read it now. Thanks. Sharpton is a looney. I wonder why he thinks he can keep running for president?

Pat Robertson isn't a target because he has a big mouth, or because he's an idiot, there's lots of examples of that on both sides, many of them far more moronic, but because the left thinks he's part of the reason that the Democrats have been losing. They want to focus on Robertson, and make him a strawman for everything conservative. If it were otherwise, they'd just write off Robertson as a clown, like they do so many others.

Robertson is not a scapegoat in some "whoa is me, picked on conservative" leftist plot. He is a victim of his own actions. The fact that he has such a large following makes him dangerous IMO. (I could invoke Godwin's Law, but I'll leave that for someone else...) ;)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Pat Robertson isn't a target because he has a big mouth, or because he's an idiot, there's lots of examples of that on both sides, many of them far more moronic, but because the left thinks he's part of the reason that the Democrats have been losing.

Sorry, I don't think of him as part of the Christian Right, I just think of him as a moronic minister who's off his rocker. I keep waiting for him to tell everyone to drink the Kool-Aid.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I would be embarassed to have people think that either Sharpton or Robertson was speaking on my behalf...

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
I seems to remember some fundies shooting at abortion clinics awhile back...
'fundies' shooting at abortion clinics might apply....if Pat Robertson out front at the time the shooting started, and brought the guy who did the shooting to the clinic. Then, you might have parity.

upnorthkyosa said:
I had never seem this until I read it now. Thanks. Sharpton is a looney. I wonder why he thinks he can keep running for president?
Well, there's loons on both sides....unfortunately, some people are blind to the loons on their own side.

upnorthkyosa said:
Robertson is not a scapegoat in some "whoa is me, picked on conservative" leftist plot. He is a victim of his own actions. The fact that he has such a large following makes him dangerous IMO. (I could invoke Godwin's Law, but I'll leave that for someone else...) ;)
Godwin? Did you mention the Nazis again?

At any rate, the only reason Robertson is singled out is because the 'woe is me leftists' blame him, partially, for leading the charge that has been losing them elections. I really don't care about the war between the left and the 'fundy' right. I find it amusing.
icon12.gif

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
'fundies' shooting at abortion clinics might apply....if Pat Robertson out front at the time the shooting started, and brought the guy who did the shooting to the clinic. Then, you might have parity.

Robertson doesn't have to hold anyones hand to have parity...because, like I said, he's got millions kool aide drinkers that think that everything that comes out of his mouth is divinely inspired. There is NOTHING on the left that is like this.

Well, there's loons on both sides....unfortunately, some people are blind to the loons on their own side.

Sometimes, certain incidences go unnoticed. However, with a public figure like Robertson, who has so much access to the media...far more then any liberal...it is impossible to miss his looniness.

Godwin? Did you mention the Nazis again?

;)

At any rate, the only reason Robertson is singled out is because the 'woe is me leftists' blame him, partially, for leading the charge that has been losing them elections. I really don't care about the war between the left and the 'fundy' right. I find it amusing.

You may be right about this. I think the left are really upset that the republicans are winning elections by invoking the big three god, gays and guns in order to trick people into voting for their kooky agenda....which is so anti-christian that one mind is boggled by the possible cognitive dissonence. Of course, I could be thinking to much about this...maybe someone should pass me the kool aide? ;)

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Robertson doesn't have to hold anyones hand to have parity...because, like I said, he's got millions kool aide drinkers that think that everything that comes out of his mouth is divinely inspired. There is NOTHING on the left that is like this.
Just as when Sharpton speaks, some jewish shopowner gets his store burned to the ground.

upnorthkyosa said:
Sometimes, certain incidences go unnoticed. However, with a public figure like Robertson, who has so much access to the media...far more then any liberal...it is impossible to miss his looniness.
Oh, please, the only way I see Robertson's face is if i'm flipping through the cable channels, and pass TBN.....or if someone is trying to make a public spectacle of some asinine comment he's made. I see Sharpton floating around on every news channel I happen to turn to.

upnorthkysosa said:
You may be right about this. I think the left are really upset that the republicans are winning elections by invoking the big three god, gays and guns in order to trick people into voting for their kooky agenda....which is so anti-christian that one mind is boggled by the possible cognitive dissonence. Of course, I could be thinking to much about this...maybe someone should pass me the kool aide? ;)
Perhaps if the left actually had some inkling of what mainstream America truly believed, and fell in line, they wouldn't have to be whining about 'stolen elections' so darned much.
icon12.gif

For example, contrary to the leftist belief system, most American's don't WANT to be disarmed like the 'subjects' of Europe. Gun control has been historical a losing issue for leftists, yet they never seem to learn.

Latest Discussions