• ZERO_ NEVER HAD ONE

Votes: 14 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, right. :D Rationalize any way ya want, but it still comes out the same. :lol: Just kidding, Terry, sheesh. ;) Not all of us can be like Ybot and Kacey.

Actually we did fight for fun, afterwards we always drunk together and became friends for the most parts.

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ZERO_ NEVER HAD ONE added
for those that have never been in one
my over sight sorry

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
None, fortunately. I don't go looking for trouble and have been able to walk away from situations.
Unfortunately, I think a friend of mine has been in several while in Korea. Not all in self defense by the way.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How many street fights have you been in? No stories please. Just say if you have been in a street fight and you may answer also with one of the poll answers.
I wonder tshadowchaser was it more than idle curiosity that made you ask this question? Some answers posted are very revealing I think
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I tried "walking away" back 9th grade. It didn't work out so well. They would follow me and keep punching me.

Word got out, apparently, that I would "just walk away" while they were free to pummel me. The result was I started getting beat up on a pretty regular basis (nothing builds those young self esteems like coming out victorious in a "fight"! And I was sure thing! Didn't even fight back!)

It ended up being the worst school year of my life.

I can laugh off barking, walk away from tough talk, but I stopped walking away from aggressive physical contact in 10th grade and haven't regretted it one bit.

Once somebody touches me or tries to touch me in a violent manner, I will do my best to make them regret it.

You can judge all you want, Dark Gift Concepts, but I find I am much happier this way, win or lose.

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not including the altercations in Iraq during TCP's, a few.

As an aside, for those that have been in street fights, were any with other martial artists?

There is this nearly subconsious idea that if we have to use our skills "for real" it will be against an untrained opponet. How often is this not the case?

Mark

Never been in a fight or altercation with another martial artist.

Places I've been in fights: Restaurant kitchen, Stairwell, street in front of my house, public bathroom, etc. It's been quite a while since I've been in one and I don't see it happening again unless I just need to defend myseelf,but that's not a fight imo.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I tried "walking away" back 9th grade. It didn't work out so well. They would follow me and keep punching me.

Word got out, apparently, that I would "just walk away" while they were free to pummel me. The result was I started getting beat up on a pretty regular basis (nothing builds those young self esteems like coming out victorious in a "fight"! And I was sure thing! Didn't even fight back!)

It ended up being the worst school year of my life.

I can laugh off barking, walk away from tough talk, but I stopped walking away from aggressive physical contact in 10th grade and haven't regretted it one bit.

Once somebody touches me or tries to touch me in a violent manner, I will do my best to make them regret it.

You can judge all you want, Dark Gift Concepts, but I find I am much happier this way, win or lose.
lol,... sounds like when i went to a boarding school.. tried to be nice.. not get into altercations.. but i was the only non stoner there i guess.. but finaly after 75 months i blew a fuse and almost took a life.. after that they left me alone... so now, you can have me if you pay the butchers bill is my attitude. I will not go looking for trouble, but you lay hands on me you better be ready to deal with the consiquences ..i may loose, but I will do my best to make you pay as severly as possible under the sercomstances. .. I assume any attack on me is a deadly one till proven other wise... I am not young any more and will not play games!

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So many that it is amazing, as to why these people just dont walk away.
Walking away is an overlooked martial arts practice. That is the point though that sometimes when trouble seeks you, you are not left with the option to walk away. What then? Walking away I think is STILL best practice, but it is no longer an option. Do you play chess? In chess this is called ZUGZWANG..
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
lol,... sounds like when i went to a boarding school.. tried to be nice.. not get into altercations.. but i was the only non stoner there i guess.. but finaly after 75 months i blew a fuse and almost took a life.. after that they left me alone... so now, you can have me if you pay the butchers bill is my attitude. I will not go looking for trouble, but you lay hands on me you better be ready to deal with the consiquences ..i may loose, but I will do my best to make you pay as severly as possible under the sercomstances. .. I assume any attack on me is a deadly one till proven other wise... I am not young any more and will not play games!
Dear Chinto, If you are attacked like this, you can only make your attacker "pay as severely as possible" if you are still alive and conscious. What happens if you are not? Knowing your own demise as an outcome of your fight, would you have, in hindsight, done anything differently? Have you family? Thank you,
Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I stopped walking away from aggressive physical contact in 10th grade and haven't regretted it one bit.

Knowing you as I do, zDom, you're one of the few people walking around that I'd truly be wary of facing if you felt cornered. I have no doubt of your ability to rain down pain and suffering. :bangahead:
Don't recall the OP calling on anyone to judge another's story. May be best to get back to our own experiences--me included. ;)

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder tshadowchaser was it more than idle curiosity that made you ask this question? Some answers posted are very revealing I think
Just thought it might be interesting to have the poll and see what people said.

I said no stories because I would hate to read some of them and I did not want the
“I have a better one” type of posts some might try to sell us as real.

Enough of us have had enough experience (wanted or not) that stories are best told in private. I sure know that there are some things I do not tell the general public about my encounters.

army

White Belt
Reaction score
okay so yeah i have been in a few street fights but i had hand to hand omg my life could end fight the other day and thats whats making me want to get into mma....okay so i'm deployed in afghanastin in the hottest AO, so not to tell the whole story but the nationalist over here can't fight that well but the an surely use a damn shovel well, i took a hit the the ribs "hurt like a beep beep" but i was able to move in and actually use a take down i learned but when we got on the ground he bit me and elbowed me a few times, so anyways i found out the weridest sound is when you break the ribs on a skinny terd and than choke him out so you can cuff him.

anyways has to be the craziest fight i've been in

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
okay so yeah i have been in a few street fights but i had hand to hand omg my life could end fight the other day and thats whats making me want to get into mma....okay so i'm deployed in afghanastin in the hottest AO, so not to tell the whole story but the nationalist over here can't fight that well but the an surely use a damn shovel well, i took a hit the the ribs "hurt like a beep beep" but i was able to move in and actually use a take down i learned but when we got on the ground he bit me and elbowed me a few times, so anyways i found out the weridest sound is when you break the ribs on a skinny terd and than choke him out so you can cuff him.

anyways has to be the craziest fight i've been in
This is one story that I'm glad got shared. Thanks for your service, Army, and keep doing the right things to get home safe. :asian:

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been in about 5 or 6 fights maybe 7. Three of them were while I was in high school. One was in a pool hall (fighting over money). I beat a guy out of $130 and he was mad because I wouldn't play him for one game for it all. I told him he had to win it back slowly like I had to to win it. The other fights were in a bar.

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
Never been in one and hope I never get in one.

Oh but they're so fun to be in. I get thit adrinaline rush when I see blood spewing out of the other person. And If I get hit it fires me up even more. Aaaah what a rush. I miss those days of fighting in bars.

Latest Discussions