Signs your Ninja training might be questionable at best

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was presented the Knight Chevalier Award in April 1993 from National Association of Chiefs of Police, Police Hall of Fame in MIami, FL. I understand other Hall of Fames exist so it depends on what data base your searching and when they started posting data...

This is the org that awards the Knight Chevalier Award. (Actually its the Knight of Justice Award)

Award Program

Link to Database:

Award Recipients

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Attached is scan copy as the original is in the office of my attorney. It is a filed Exhibit in various litigations and vetted in various court proceedings. Names are redacted from public purvey given the sensitive work I was involved with during this era,. To the degree I participated in a training capacity.

s
Dux Photos Crica 1980 -1990s 146.jpg
Dux Photos Crica 1980 -1990s 148.jpg
working with Law Enforcement.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Attached is scan copy as the original is in the office of my attorney. It is a filed Exhibit in various litigations and vetted in various court proceedings. Names are redacted from public purvey given the sensitive work I was involved with during this era,. To the degree I participated in a training capacity.

s View attachment 21216 View attachment 21217 working with Law Enforcement.

Ok...The Venerable Order of the Knights of Michael the Archangel organization was one of the many organizations created by Gerald Arenberg and I think sometime after Arenberg's death the NACOP took over presenting the award. Database probably does not show any awards prior to that since the Order was it's on org.

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you CB Jones for looking into it. Most appreciative.

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was presented the Knight Chevalier Award in April 1993 from National Association of Chiefs of Police, Police Hall of Fame in MIami, FL. I understand other Hall of Fames exist so it depends on what data base your searching and when they started posting data... Regards to Ninjutsu training I was trained by and consulted with many sources as this is only "tradescraft" and NOT A CLASSICAL MARTIAL ART as others have been misled to believe.

Thank you Frank I think that, with your other post is clear

So I think you're saying that when you teach ninjutsu you're teaching tradecraft learnt from multiple sources. Presumably these are traditional Japanese sources (hence the use of the Japanese term as opposed to a western one)?

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Actually, its derived from multi-national sources thats root lineage traces back to the Koga Yamabushi and before that.

Dux Ryu (trans. flows from Dux) Ninjutsu is as the name implies is my eclectic application of the traditional stratgem for a modern age. I was Gendai when it wasn't cool. It is in simplistic terms a post Meiji period adaptation that I feel makes it purer than any Koryu version. In that Ninjutsu is an operating stratgem as well as tradecraft and that if one follows 16th and 17th century growth the operating principle is entirely based upon evolution vs. regimentation and conformity.

To suggest that the shinobi aka rappa aka suppa clans/families stopped developing their craft and that it dies with the rise of Tokugawa regime is not a theory I can ascribe to given my mentors lineage and their teachings that do not encourage limiting oneself to the historical preservation of obsolete methodologies -- like perfecting occult incantations. We use what is useful. Ironically, the earliest teachings put it in conflict with what is being ascribed to as authentic ninjutsu.

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually, its derived from multi-national sources thats root lineage traces back to the Koga Yamabushi and before that.

Dux Ryu (trans. flows from Dux) Ninjutsu is as the name implies is my eclectic application of the traditional stratgem for a modern age. I was Gendai when it wasn't cool. It is in simplistic terms a post Meiji period adaptation that I feel makes it purer than any Koryu version. In that Ninjutsu is an operating stratgem as well as tradecraft and that if one follows 16th and 17th century growth the operating principle is entirely based upon evolution vs. regimentation and conformity.

To suggest that the shinobi aka rappa aka suppa clans/families stopped developing their craft and that it dies with the rise of Tokugawa regime is not a theory I can ascribe to given my mentors lineage and their teachings that do not encourage limiting oneself to the historical preservation of obsolete methodologies -- like perfecting occult incantations. We use what is useful. Ironically, the earliest teachings put it in conflict with what is being ascribed to as authentic ninjutsu.

Thanks for the reply

Can I ask who are your mentors are who trace their lineage back to the Koga Yamabushi?

Also FWIW I totally agree with your point that an essence of these (traditional/old) teachings is to evolve with the times

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

Can I ask who are your mentors are who trace their lineage back to the Koga Yamabushi?

Also FWIW I totally agree with your point that an essence of these (traditional/old) teachings is to evolve with the times

Senzo Tanaka. The LA Times did a hatchet job on me trying to make it out to be fiction lifted from a James Bond movie but Ian Fleming based his characters on real people and sometimes actually made use of their names e.g. "M" was nickname for Admiral Menzies head of her Majesty Secret Service when Fleming was Deputy Director under him during WW2.

Here is little more info on Tanaka

Martial arts legend Frank Dux's so-called 'non-existent' teacher Senzo Tanaka's death, travel records found - Artvoice

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Walmart sells Karate gear? Sweet!
Sean

You mean the "trash talker" has spoken. You know nothing about me other than perhaps something you learned second hand and since I taught modern version of Ninja being US NAVY SEALS to the degree my name is on the inside of their Combat Fighting Course manual, it seems to me you're calling them out as fake... which makes you an idiot

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Chances? Slim to none. It doesn't exist. The navy seal community is a small group and more open today then ever before in regards to what goes on. There was a time when they were open to training with anyone. There was no official combatives program. So everyone and their brother might be invited down to show what they did.

All this aside navy seal combatives and a magazine article is not a form of Menkyo Kaiden or proof of such.

Menkiyo Kaidden is reserved for schools of Budo. Ninjutsu is not Budo but historically exists only as an add-on curriculum to a school of Budo. Someone tells you they have a Menkiyo in Ninjutsu and not the line of succession is a red flag of ignorance which you display here.

So stop making **** up as your ignorance and words indicate further you aren't part of that SOF community. You have no authority to speak for them or put out a bunch of nonsense, like no SpecWar CFC manuals exist. My name appears in the US Navy SEAL Specwar manual (K43-0097) on pg. 10. I have citations for my service to my country from the House of Representatives and highest title to be awarded by a governor for my service to the country. What are your accolades that you think you can think of yourself my equal or worse pretend to be superior to the extent you are condescending and disrespectful. Is that how you were trained to think and act with others?

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was presented the Knight Chevalier Award in April 1993 from National Association of Chiefs of Police, Police Hall of Fame in MIami, FL. I understand other Hall of Fames exist so it depends on what data base your searching and when they started posting data... Regards to Ninjutsu training I was trained by and consulted with many sources as this is only "tradescraft" and NOT A CLASSICAL MARTIAL ART as others have been misled to believe.

Hi Frank, there is no Ninjutsu or legit ryuha that is called Koga Yamabushi Ninjutsu that can be taken by anyone serious that studies Koryu, or even shukyo. The name even in itself sounds so nonsensible. I personally do not understand how a Gendai art is "purer" than a koryu art and visa versa, in my opinion having done both, there is a surrealism in koryu arts that you don't feel in Gendai arts but that is just my opinion.

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Menkiyo Kaidden is reserved for schools of Budo. Ninjutsu is not Budo but historically exists only as an add-on curriculum to a school of Budo. Someone tells you they have a Menkiyo in Ninjutsu and not the line of succession is a red flag of ignorance which you display here.

So stop making **** up as your ignorance and words indicate further you aren't part of that SOF community. You have no authority to speak for them or put out a bunch of nonsense, like no SpecWar CFC manuals exist. My name appears in the US Navy SEAL Specwar manual (K43-0097) on pg. 10. I have citations for my service to my country from the House of Representatives and highest title to be awarded by a governor for my service to the country. What are your accolades that you think you can think of yourself my equal or worse pretend to be superior to the extent you are condescending and disrespectful. Is that how you were trained to think and act with others?
You do understand that you can get Menkyo in other things besides Budo right?
like a driver's license, teaching license, etc etc.

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What are the chances you could show the page from said k431-0097 manual?

I could and it as entered into evidence and vetted when I sued SOF magazine for libel and slander.

Attachments

• P0266737.JPG
    P0266737.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 527

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
Senzo Tanaka. The LA Times did a hatchet job on me trying to make it out to be fiction lifted from a James Bond movie but Ian Fleming based his characters on real people and sometimes actually made use of their names e.g. "M" was nickname for Admiral Menzies head of her Majesty Secret Service when Fleming was Deputy Director under him during WW2.

Here is little more info on Tanaka

Martial arts legend Frank Dux's so-called 'non-existent' teacher Senzo Tanaka's death, travel records found - Artvoice
Wait didn't Frank say ""One of the great mysteries in martial arts is how Sanzo Jack Seki's father (1888 – 1975) like Sanzo Tanaka was not only a reputed Ninjitsu and JuJitsu master but Kung Fu master trained by Shaolin Monks in China, in 1920s-30s and a member of the Society of Black Dragons, the umbrella under which the Kokoryukai Black Dragon Society is a faction. After reputedly living in mid-west and California, just like Sanzo Tanaka, Jack's father allegedly he returned to Japan where he died, September 1975. The corresponding events lends us to believe that Sanzo Tanaka and Sanzo Jack Seki's father were one in the same person."

-http://www.coloradospringsninjutsu.com/Ranting_and_Ravings_2016/Entries/2017/3/21_Frank_Dux-_Debunked_Again.html

Encho

Green Belt
Reaction score
For the record for Mods, there is no intent at fraud busting or slander and libel on my behalf

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Frank, there is no Ninjutsu or legit ryuha that is called Koga Yamabushi Ninjutsu that can be taken by anyone serious that studies Koryu, or even shukyo. The name even in itself sounds so nonsensible. I personally do not understand how a Gendai art is "purer" than a koryu art and visa versa, in my opinion having done both, there is a surrealism in koryu arts that you don't feel in Gendai arts but that is just my opinion.

Well first off Ninjutsu is a 20th Century term and certainly not a budo lineage contrary to any assertion or assumption. Koga is a medieval term designating a Japanese region and Yamabushi is an indigenous people within that region I never made such a claim other than it is a Ryu (flows from) root source. The Tanaka line remains unbroken and one soke still teaching its Koryu ways is Emikio Tanaka ho resides in Japan and has a prominent school. The argument Gendai remains purer is that to be Gendai one has to keep evolving and modern evolution of ways of the ninja is in compliance with guiding philosophy preached by its ancient predecesors

Frank Dux

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wait didn't Frank say ""One of the great mysteries in martial arts is how Sanzo Jack Seki's father (1888 – 1975) like Sanzo Tanaka was not only a reputed Ninjitsu and JuJitsu master but Kung Fu master trained by Shaolin Monks in China, in 1920s-30s and a member of the Society of Black Dragons, the umbrella under which the Kokoryukai Black Dragon Society is a faction. After reputedly living in mid-west and California, just like Sanzo Tanaka, Jack's father allegedly he returned to Japan where he died, September 1975. The corresponding events lends us to believe that Sanzo Tanaka and Sanzo Jack Seki's father were one in the same person."

-http://www.coloradospringsninjutsu.com/Ranting_and_Ravings_2016/Entries/2017/3/21_Frank_Dux-_Debunked_Again.html

The blog is not credible. Don Roley is not a credible source. He has a penchant for mischaracterizing statements out of context and attributing statements to me I never made in order to further his trade libel of myself and others for his own financial benefit.

Latest Discussions