RVD? How can somebody take this guy seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

RoninX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
No, but then again, you haven't really said much of anything here. You ask us how anyone can take RVD seriously, then when we give answers, you continue to ask without taking into account what we said. You constantly harp on the fact that RVDs site is not what you want it to be... so what? It's his site, for crying out loud!

I made a question and you answered. I asked for an opinion. You gave yours and i gave mine. Why are you still in this thread? This thread was created for you to give your opinion, not to annoying to death by defending your all-time favorite affiliate program. I don´t like his posture about the Bujinkan. I think he is ONE of the biggest reasons why Bujinkan is seen the way it is. So what? It´s an opinion, and you won´t change it, so don´t bother too much with this thread because i´m also not trying to change yours.

One more time, it is not the official Bujinkan site, so stop trying to tell us it should be.

Who cares? Go try to find something similiar in Genbukan and Jinenkan. Go try to find a serious Martial Arts Org with a site full of ADs popping up all over the place and Affiliate programs. The first thing i can think when looking at his site is: "McDojo". Does he offer free chips too or you have to pay for it? No, no, no! Don´t avoid the question! Answer me: Does he offer free chips?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before this thread gets any further out of control, let me say this:

Its easy to say why you dont like someone. I could say that I dont like instructor A from Kenpo, all day long. But until I list reasons why, other than because I dont like him, the point thats trying to be made will just keep going around and around.

That being said, are there any factual links of evidence out there that can back up whats being said about the man, again, other than just saying "I dont like him."? If so, post them. The he said, she said, stuff isn't going to hold weight, unless its backed up with facts. All I've seen so far is people talking about his site. Anything else that the man has done wrong, other than the way his site is designed?

OP
R

RoninX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That being said, are there any factual links of evidence out there that can back up whats being said about the man, again, other than just saying "I dont like him."? If so, post them. The he said, she said, stuff isn't going to hold weight, unless its backed up with facts. All I've seen so far is people talking about his site. Anything else that the man has done wrong, other than the way his site is designed?

The only thing that´s being said about the man is the truth, and the factual link of evidence is his site.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was about to reply when MJS's post came up, and I'm very happy to let that stand in regard to the topic, as well as my posts here. But I do try to answer any question posed to me, so here you go:

I am in this thread as you keep referencing me, and asking me questions.

RVDs programs are not my favourites by a long stretch. I believe I said in my first post here that I was reserving my opinions of his approach, but to be honest, I am not fond of most of it. His written works (the Dan grade densho) are decent reference material, provided you have sufficient understanding already, and other things he has I really don't like at all. And I'm not Bujinkan either, so that can be taken out of it.

We're not trying to change your opinion. You have it, and you are entitled to it. What we are saying is that your opinion is yours and yours alone, so demanding that we not take him seriously as you have issues with the way he represents himself (and by extension the Bujinkan) is what we are trying to deal with.

Whether or not there are similar sites for different organisations is irrelevant, really. You were comparing the official Genbukan site with RVD's, which is why I have been saying that RVDs site is not meant to be the official Bujinkan site, which you are claiming it should be if it is using the domain name ninjutsu.com. So you know, though, here in Australia, if you put in ninpo.com.au you get a Genbukan site, and if you put in ninjutsuaustralia.com you get my schools site - not Bujinkan, Genbukan or Jinenkan. What is on the site is only dependant on the owner of the site itself. But no, no free chips. Don't know how well they would travel in the post...

Oh, and finally, the only thing that's being said about RVD is not the truth, it is your opinion. I suggest you learn the difference, as you appear a bit confused.

OP
R

RoninX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What we are saying is that your opinion is yours and yours alone, so demanding that we not take him seriously

Where did i demand?

You were comparing the official Genbukan site with RVD's

Can i compare his site with Ninpo.org?

Oh, and finally, the only thing that's being said about RVD is not the truth, it is your opinion.

Everything i said is the truth.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OFFICIAL WARNING
After reading these two pages I see little to do with the man and his knowledge or lack there of being stated. What I see is one person complaining about a web site and others trying to defend the person who put the site out there.
If some facts are not forth coming about why one should take the man seriously or why they should not this thread will be locked

Sheldon Bedell
MT MOD

OP
R

RoninX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
OFFICIAL WARNING
After reading these two pages I see little to do with the man and his knowledge or lack there of being stated. What I see is one person complaining about a web site and others trying to defend the person who put the site out there.
If some facts are not forth coming about why one should take the man seriously or why they should not this thread will be locked

Sheldon Bedell
MT MOD

Let me ask you something: Do you wanna make easy money? I´ll show you how to make easy money!

Go Here: http://www.ninjutsu.com/affiliate-program.shtml

Remember: You too can be a BLACK BELT! Can you really learn with the home study course? Of course you can! What a silly question!

"First, the dvd's are your instructor, teaching you in your home or dojo in a step by step way. You can slow motion the instructor and practice the move until you learn it. Try that in a dojo. No intimidation of a class. Go at your own speed."

So, this is even better than a real instructor! Unless in a dojo you can slow motion your instructor´s moves, wich i doubt! And the best part: All this for only $397.00!

What are you waiting for? $$$$

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thread closed pending review

jks9199
Sr. Moderator

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ADMIN NOTE

After review, it has been decided that this thread will remain closed.

MJS
MT Asst. Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions