Requiring membership in order to test for belt?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think about it from an insurance perspective, I'll check it out. They produce pro Muay Thai and MMA fighters, so i'd imagine the gym has some sort of coverage.

Insurance and legal cover is the most usual; reason for using these organisations, many don't interfere with the style or what you are teaching. The gym should have insurance not just for the martial arts training but in case you hurt yourself due to their negligence in something like building maintenance, or employee's being negligent etc. it may sound excessive but most people can't afford to be off work for any length of time due to injuries either from training or accidents.
Which gym is it, if I can be nosy, I know most people in MMA in the UK :)

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'll send you a PM Tez; just started training there recently and wouldn't want to start plastering the gym name about online.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll send you a PM Tez; just started training there recently and wouldn't want to start plastering the gym name about online.

Cheers for that, now I know who they are, and you've chosen extremely well, I can say they won't honestly mind.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheers, having seen who you train with, an excellent choice btw, I can assure you they won't mind if you say who you are training with, they are actually very well known. They have fighters in the UFC. The fight team is fabulous though prone to having a 'quirky' sense of humour especially the lot from the 'east coast' side.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Cheers, having seen who you train with, an excellent choice btw, I can assure you they won't mind if you say who you are training with, they are actually very well known. They have fighters in the UFC. The fight team is fabulous though prone to having a 'quirky' sense of humour especially the lot from the 'east coast' side.

Thanks, it means a lot that you hold the gym in such a high regard. I'm certainly very happy with the first few weeks I've spent there. I wanted to be careful about not sounding like I was boasting or bigging myself up about training there though - I'll only get out what I put in, at the end of the day.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it means a lot that you hold the gym in such a high regard. I'm certainly very happy with the first few weeks I've spent there. I wanted to be careful about not sounding like I was boasting or bigging myself up about training there though - I'll only get out what I put in, at the end of the day.

Did they give you your username? :D

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Did they give you your username? :D
It is very apt, isn't it! Alas no, it stemmed from a bit of slang my friends used to say to each other whilst growing up "Aw aye, dinky do" - which basically translates to, "Whatever, I think you're talking rubbish" because "dinkydo" is a made up word which featured on Chewin' The Fat years ago.

Now that I think of it, it's quite appropriate that i've used it to post nonsense on message boards for years! I must be more witty than I think ;)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This reminds me of the time when we paid some random Karate Great to come to our school and do a seminar, which is just supposed a weekend and see ya later, but the guy got the bright idea to promote our teacher to his next belt level in his organization. What a disaster that was. LOL You just can't do that. Nor can you run black belt testing out of your school for other peoples students. You would make the evening news. Ha Ha!