Practicing forms outside

S

sifu Adams

With cold weather and if you can not focus for the people. You may wont to look into an area club like YMCA ect. I have used dance rooms and racketball qurts many of times. you may have a few people lookin but the white walls can aloud yo to focus.

NoSword

White Belt
Reaction score
Cold weather I don't mind so much as long as I keep bundled up and theres not a huge snowstorm going on. One nice thing that I like about training outside as opposed to indoors is that on grass or sand you not only have to worry about uneven terrain, but terrain that sometimes can be very soft, which can be helpful in learning to stay balanced :D

OP
bluemtn

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will look into gyms (preferrably cheap ones) to practice at. I don't think that there are any YMCA's around my area- or at least within 20 miles. But I can probably check out the university's gym.

Hmmm... Balance+ice+jumping front kick= disaster (or another thing added to the "dumbest thing ever done" list). I probably won't be hurt, but I might be very embarassed and laughing my- you know- off! BTW- I have one jumping front kick in one of my forms.

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Possibly next summer, I want to schedule a special forms session at the University of Michigan Arboretum in Ann Arbor. Very nice place to do it. Very close to nature.

H

Homy

I love to do my forms outside..gives a really different aspect to them
if your a bit self -concious (as i would think alot a people would be) it may just make you do them extra good (in case someone is watching)
also great for your confidence with them...when your getting them right

as someone mentioned earlier..the beach is great, especially if theres a couple of you doing the same one...ive found most spectators are interested but dont know enough to be critical.

Latest Discussions