playing around

white belt

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
white belt I like that you were able to put this knucklehead in his place. Sounds like he deserved it.

But, if I might add my two pennies. The area where I live, L.A., that would be a tricky call because here there are a good share of wannabe wild west gunslingers who after they perceive that they've been disrespected do go out and they do arm up, then they often come back aiming to blast you away. Who cares about getting fired. It sucks. You just never know when something is just going to blow over, as happened in your case, or when it might escalate into a firefight. It sucks...:idunno:

TKD Bruin,

Chicago is no different than L.A. I won't have someone bully me out of my hard earned pay. If people start walking around and trying to scare people out of their jobs by implying "I am a gun owner, on your knees to my abuse", then when will you stop going from job to job? I understand the risks involved in standing up to implied threats. I don't take them lightly. I will give a little time for them to settle down. If they persist, I do not take them sitting down. I stand firm.

A side note: Received my "rebreakable boards" and my students are very happy. If not for yours and another's opinions, I would have assumed they were not practical. Thank you!

white belt

OP
rachel

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
my boss was a good boy today:) no jumping out at me and the other person who was trying it did it again and I just explained that I take this very seriously. He's ok with it. we joke but I think the jumping out at me will end.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by white belt
TKD Bruin,

Chicago is no different than L.A. I won't have someone bully me out of my hard earned pay. If people start walking around and trying to scare people out of their jobs by implying "I am a gun owner, on your knees to my abuse", then when will you stop going from job to job? I understand the risks involved in standing up to implied threats. I don't take them lightly. I will give a little time for them to settle down. If they persist, I do not take them sitting down. I stand firm.

A side note: Received my "rebreakable boards" and my students are very happy. If not for yours and another's opinions, I would have assumed they were not practical. Thank you!

white belt

white belt, you had to do what you had to do, and what you thought was in your best interest. Good to hear that things have improved for the best. Some times it is necessary to stand up for oneself. In my post I just wanted to highlight some of the possible dangerous consequences that may occur in situations such as yours. Some bullies will walk away when confronted, while other unbalanced boneheads will come back later looking to exact revenge, or looking to get some payback. :mad:

Finally, glad to hear the re-breakable boards are working for you and your students.
Cali_TKD... :asian:

Latest Discussions