New Forum Idea

OP
Bobby135

Bobby135

Orange Belt
Reaction score
GREAT POST..Reppie sent...I've been doused with beer, had a shirt ripped off me, ashtrays thrown at me..But ya cant take any of it personal..They made me Head Bouncer at one club, the employees liked me but management didn't...This coporate owner had this crapola saying about problem causing customers "Eveybodys entitled to a bad day"..My answer was what about US..We have bad days too...

Bad days are not allowed for employees, come on you know that!!! I have a good management team at my bar and they understand that just like the patrons we have bad days as well. Hell, the managers have bad days too. We give people chances and such, but enough is enough. I am glad that Massachusetts is a "no smoking" state so no flying ashtrays. Beer spilled happens all the time, whether intentional or not. This is my favorite of all time:"you suck all you do is pick on people and this is the only job you can do." Everyone that works at the bar either has this as their second job or they are college students working part time. All you can say is "thank you, yes i know i suck"" (as they are getting thrown out the door) My favorite quote came from one of my managers as we were throwing someone out "walk with Jesus" absolutely hysterical

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
.The coppers I spoke to afteward say his guy caught a few gut shots from the side handle batons and never felt it...Scary is right...

They feel little or nothing on that stuff.

I have worked with people in a mental health situation (a hospital I use to work at) that were much the same, did not feel anything or didn't care not sure but at least it was legal medication.

Then of course there was the bleeding IV drug using heroin addict now that was fun... NOT.

But now this is degrading into war stories so I will stop.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
.The coppers I spoke to afteward say his guy caught a few gut shots from the side handle batons and never felt it...Scary is right...
WOW...Ive seen people take a full punch to the face and not go down and all they were on was alcohol, but to take multiple shots to the gut like that and not so much as flinch, thats incredible, scary, but incredible all the same

B

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bad days are not allowed for employees, come on you know that!!! I have a good management team at my bar and they understand that just like the patrons we have bad days as well. Hell, the managers have bad days too. We give people chances and such, but enough is enough. I am glad that Massachusetts is a "no smoking" state so no flying ashtrays. Beer spilled happens all the time, whether intentional or not. This is my favorite of all time:"you suck all you do is pick on people and this is the only job you can do." Everyone that works at the bar either has this as their second job or they are college students working part time. All you can say is "thank you, yes i know i suck"" (as they are getting thrown out the door) My favorite quote came from one of my managers as we were throwing someone out "walk with Jesus" absolutely hysterical

I wouldn't want to be a bouncer now wth the smoking ban, I use to slip into the backroom for a ciggie and a coffee to take a break..I took over a club in Fla and one of the first thing I did was post a sign in the break room..The custormer is NOT always right, and we will not give them the illusion that they are..When I left 6 months later better than half the staff walked cause the new manager was one of those "coporate clones" that believed that the customer is always right types..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did I mention the joys of dealing with the college student that come home for Thanksgiving Break??? Some of the worst fights we have had occured during those times...Then there is the Spring Break, 90% of them head out to Ft Laud or some other warm cilmate, the ones that remain feel its their God given right to tear up your club just to blow off steam...

Then there is always the boyfriend or ex-spouse of one of your cocktail waitresses that comes in to confront here about something and an altercation always happens when he is asked to leave...It always seems that the prettier the girl, the bigger butthole she attracts...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have lost track of the number of time I had to accompany some lady to the restroom as one of her friends pass out on the toilet..Try to stand in a stall and hold up 105 lbs of dead weight while her friend tries pulls up whatever the now out of it party is wearing and then slinging her across your shoulder so you can carry her out of the club...Oh the joys...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Come on all you former bouncers, how many alleged black belts did you have to fight?? I think in all the years I met one REAL martial artists and he was no trouble..

OP
Bobby135

Bobby135

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I havent had the blackbelts as much as the suprises. We have a mens rugby team that come in often (20-30 guys) and they are big guys that could really do damage if they wanted to. I would take those guys in there over most because they are often times self policing and if you tell them to settle down they more often times than not do.

Most likely it is the little guys that have the problems. Damn Napolean Complex!!!!

Just a quick tip to those bouncers out there and those who would like to be one: Pay attention to the group around the drunk guy and if one of them has to got talk to a more sober friend first!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Come on all you former bouncers, how many alleged black belts did you have to fight?? I think in all the years I met one REAL martial artists and he was no trouble..

The ONE day I did it as a favor to a friend I ment 1 alleged black belt.... I can imagine you meet lots like this guy with his high level of skill :rolleyes:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
The ONE day I did it as a favor to a friend I ment 1 alleged black belt.... I can imagine you meet lots like this guy with his high level of skill :rolleyes:

Yes..Those use to fighting in a well lit dojo..Add, loud music,and flashing lights and they are worthless busy trying to move people so that can assume their fighting stance...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just so y'll know, we're discussing adding some new forums and this is one of them. We're also considering a LEO forum as well, however the particulars aren't coming together as quickly. So, if the LEO's would like their own area, we'd welcome some input on that as well.

Danke!
:)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm confused. I thought you were a Judo Player.

Hello, My son and daughter is/was in High school judo team. I had a chance to train with them for a while and love the art of JUDO. Our Sensi Al Miyake...train in Japen. He likes to share the combat side of Judo too!

Now only my daughter is on the High School Judo team. Hopefully when they start training again...I will be able to join them. She is now Wrestling for the High school team.

The more you do Judo? ...the more you will like it! (Kempo-guy) here!

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, JUDO is great skill to learn if you are going to be a bouncer!

Mac, the animal ,Macyoung has written many books regarding being a bouncer and other street techniques that work for him as a bouncer...GREAT READING MATERIALS!

It would be great to hear from other people with bounceing and securtiy experiences.

Aloha ( all security guards in Hawaii- has NO police powers, therefore- best to call police and let them break-up any incidents). Security guards in Hawaii are somtimes refer to as PAID witnesses') I did it for a while!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just so y'll know, we're discussing adding some new forums and this is one of them. We're also considering a LEO forum as well, however the particulars aren't coming together as quickly. So, if the LEO's would like their own area, we'd welcome some input on that as well.

Danke!
:)

I remember asking about an LEO forum a while ago...This might be a better idea...Many of us currently in LE started out as bouncers or security..With a forum such as this, those of us that moved on to public service can share our experiences with the ones working the private sector..What ya think??

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Something like this is a good diea, but breaking it into too many sections isn't. How about one for LEOs and one for Private Security, including bouncers, bodyguards, store security, etc.?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Something like this is a good diea, but breaking it into too many sections isn't. How about one for LEOs and one for Private Security, including bouncers, bodyguards, store security, etc.?
Gosh I like that idea. *hints at Bob*

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As a result of a couple of things -- I've been giving this some thought the last few days.

I frequent another forum, "for cops, by cops." If a person on that forum identifies themselves as a cop, they are required to submit to the verification process, and, once complete, they get a tag or banner on their posts to that effect. Several of the sub forums are private, LEO only. It's a great place to figuratively let your hair down...

LEO forums here... I've seen 3 types of posts that I see as being relevant. First -- you have various cops who are posting, either from their experience or about DT-type concerns. Second -- you have private security posts, like the bouncer questions or posts about experiences in loss prevention. The third -- those are the "why'd the cops do this?" or "should the Taser be allowed", ask-a-cop questions.

So... Maybe 3 subforums here would be my suggestion; one for public safety, one for private security, and one for general LE/Security related discussions. (The first two could be merged -- but there are good reasons for them being separate.) BUT... there's that whole issue of someone claiming to be a cop, who isn't. I've participated in forums other places that didn't require verification; sometimes they were self-policing (sorry for the pun). The real cops quickly managed to uncover the fakes, and often, publicly embarass them. H'mm... Kind of disruptive to peace & tranquility here, along with the issue of fraud bashing. So... what would I suggest?

Either institute a verifcation process on those who choose to identify themselves as cops -- which could quickly become time consuming, and probably wouldn't work for private security people. Or a disclaimer making it clear that any information may or may not be accurate, that there is no way to know for certain that anyone claiming to be a LEO/security professional really is, buyer beware, etc.

So... those are my thoughts.

Latest Discussions