New Forum Idea

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is it good money? That is enough for me, Ive has some pretty bad jobs

B

Back in the eighties you made OK money I have no clue what they pay now, the last time I was a bouncer was 1988 so times have changed I heard.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over here the pay is about $20-30 an hour. You have to do a course now and be licensed to be a door person.I'ts starting to be be seen as a 'proper' job. I'm doing my door licence purely for our MMA shows so won't get paid sadly!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is it good money? That is enough for me, Ive has some pretty bad jobs

B

It depends on the club..One place was 25 bucks a night and all you could drink and the chance to get your teeth kick out if your techniques were sloppy..The coporate owned club payed about 6.50 an hour and no drinking on the job was allowed...The employees were allowed a drink at midnight to take the edge off..

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It depends on the club..One place was 25 bucks a night and all you could drink and the chance to get your teeth kick out if your techniques were sloppy..The coporate owned club payed about 6.50 an hour and no drinking on the job was allowed...The employees were allowed a drink at midnight to take the edge off..
that doesnt sound to good.

B

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Trust us it gets old REAL FAST..

I was a bouncer for 1 whole day, as a favor to a friend... that was enough.

As one guy I knew who spent a lot of time as a bouncer said (and I will clean this up a bit)

1 Part Alcohol + 1 Part Human = instant idiot.

Also human just add alcohol.... instant idiot

although he was not saying idiot

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
that doesnt sound to good.

B

Remember this was the late 70's and early 80's and that was considered good money..Some nights you stood around and did nothing except drink and oogle the ladies...

OP
Bobby135

Bobby135

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for all their resposnes. I have been a Doorman, Bouncer, Security Person for almost 3 years at a busy bar\nightclub in Boston. I believe that a forum like this would be for advice and support for people who work in the crowd control industry. We all have our war stories, and I am sure some will come out, but I think that this forum could be used for the experienced and beginners alike. I figure this board covers mostly everything why not this topic as well. Again I thank everyone for their thoughts.

Just to comment on the couple questions that came up about the position itself. The money is not great, but I am making money instead of spending money if I were to go out on Friday and Saturday night. If you don't like to stand around for hours then this is probably not for you. I enjoy the guys that I work with so that helps time go by a lot faster. I think the key factor is IF YOU CANNOT BE INSULTED AND BRUSH IT OFF IT IS NOT A JOB FOR YOU!!!!

Bobby

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for all their resposnes. I have been a Doorman, Bouncer, Security Person for almost 3 years at a busy bar\nightclub in Boston. I believe that a forum like this would be for advice and support for people who work in the crowd control industry. We all have our war stories, and I am sure some will come out, but I think that this forum could be used for the experienced and beginners alike. I figure this board covers mostly everything why not this topic as well. Again I thank everyone for their thoughts.

Just to comment on the couple questions that came up about the position itself. The money is not great, but I am making money instead of spending money if I were to go out on Friday and Saturday night. If you don't like to stand around for hours then this is probably not for you. I enjoy the guys that I work with so that helps time go by a lot faster. I think the key factor is IF YOU CANNOT BE INSULTED AND BRUSH IT OFF IT IS NOT A JOB FOR YOU!!!!Bobby

GREAT POST..Reppie sent...I've been doused with beer, had a shirt ripped off me, ashtrays thrown at me..But ya cant take any of it personal..They made me Head Bouncer at one club, the employees liked me but management didn't...This coporate owner had this crapola saying about problem causing customers "Eveybodys entitled to a bad day"..My answer was what about US..We have bad days too...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This coporate owner had this crapola saying about problem causing customers "Eveybodys entitled to a bad day"..My answer was what about US..We have bad days too...

Sorry a bit off topic, but that reminded me of the guy (when I was security for the state) that I told to move his car and he responded with “I’m a tax payer I can park in a state lot if I want to” I said “I pay taxes to now move the car or it gets towed”

Sorry just needed to get that out

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's a quick story...Big guy in the bar pounding down beers like there is no tomorrow, one of the emplyees saw his dropping " Ludes" too...When he became a nusance the boss said to ask him to leave..I did and was told to "**** Off"..So it became physical..On the way out he tried to grab tables to prevent his ejection knocking down about 1/2 a dozen of them and spilling drinks.

I get him outside and he tired to throw a kick..He lands wide open so I do a split entry and give him shuto to the back of the neck..He doens't feel it..The other bouncer calls the cops...It takes 6 of them to put him in the back of the crusier..He wasn't doing downers but PCP...The beer kept him mellow enough so he did really get angry and attack me with full force...They get him to the station and allow him to make his phone call..

He gets busy signal and tears the phone off the wall and throws it at the cops on station and attacks them..He tosses them around like rag dolls until they break out their PR-24's and go to work..I was lucky..

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here's a quick story...Big guy in the bar pounding down beers like there is no tomorrow, one of the emplyees saw his dropping " Ludes" too...When he became a nusance the boss said to ask him to leave..I did and was told to "**** Off"..So it became physical..On the way out he tried to grab tables to prevent his ejection knocking down about 1/2 a dozen of them and spilling drinks.

I get him outside and he tired to throw a kick..He land open so I do a split entry and give him shuto to the back of the neck..He doens't feel it..The other bouncer calls the cops...It takes 6 of them to put him in the back of the crusier..He wasn't doing downers but PCP...The beer kept him mellow enough so he did really get angry and attack me with full force...They get him to the station and allow him to make his phone call..

He gets busy signal and tears the phone off the wall and throws it at the cops on station and attacks them..He tosses them around like rag dolls until they break out their PR-24's and go to work..I was lucky..
JESUS...that sounds scary as hell. PCP is a nasty drug and its almost like the limits on the brain are taken away and they almost appear superhuman

B

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JESUS...that sounds scary as hell. PCP is a nasty drug and its almost like the limits on the brain are taken away and they almost appear superhuman

B

.The coppers I spoke to afteward say his guy caught a few gut shots from the side handle batons and never felt it...Scary is right...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are some GREAT stories but the filter would take out the bad words and they are not as funny without them....