McDojo offshoot

Sylo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
ooooooo I want throw chi balls at dragons!!

In this country the Trading Standards would take you to court for that advert as not being what is sold! Misleading though isn't the first word that came to mind when I saw it though.....!

At least the theme music is catchy.

Also, What can be more brutal than fighting dragons? :p

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I need the gang from Drago Ball Z to really get to the bottom of all of this.

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Times has change and change alot! In Mid 80' when I started TKD my dojan was nothing but a little one with front desk, a wood floor and a locker room with one shower smeling like hell!! Even that my ambunim has many students of all ages, from kids to seniors, all classe was crowded and people come in and enrole almost every week, and this was cause my sambunim was one of the best of my state, he was one of the first tkd practicioners of the 60's in my country. Ramon Alvite was a top notch sambunim and everyone wanted to train under him, simple he was the best, in his Dojan you must sweat blood (literally) in every training sesion and in every promotion examn, one's have to be well pepared to eamination if not, simple, you won't pass the examination.

These days the dojan must be lika a McDojan to have bussiness sucess, it has to have a large training area,alot of mirrows,be super clean, smell like strawberry, have a shynning locker room, a small store where you can buy the chest protector and all, tshirts,training pants,mitts and even some wooden weapons ohhh I almost forget having a small coffeshop AND some Tae Bo, Aerobics or Pilates classes for moms.

Having a McDojan to be sucessfull in bussiness is good however the sambunim never has to forget the MA inside TKD and never forget the practical ense of TKD inside SD. If a MacDojo has all the bells and whistles and have the Martiality in his core, blessed be.

Manny

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Throw those chi balls somewhere else! I am pretty sure Dragons are on the endangered species list already. :mad:

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
That video was sad...the least they could have done was spent some of those kid's parents' money to hire a real graphic designer to make a better looking dragon....

OP
hkfuie

hkfuie

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That video was sad...the least they could have done was spent some of those kid's parents' money to hire a real graphic designer to make a better looking dragon....

Surely you don't mean the dragon is not real? What does that say about the chi ball? Next thing you know you'll be telling me that's not real. :)

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Just wow...

I hope this is not real.

(Safe for Work)
That was.. er.. cute and appealing (to a six year old) and ... er... disturbing! But not nearly so much so as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B4XLgCTAo4&NR=1

It isn't an MA school, but the video is titled, "The worst commercial ever." It lives up to its billing, but I must forwarn: its longer than forty seconds. I never did get to the end.

Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just for comparison, here is the commercial that got me into the martial arts. The original didn't have the jingle or the two kids, but the footage of Rhee and his students was the same.

Enjoy,

Daniel

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for comparison, here is the commercial that got me into the martial arts. The original didn't have the jingle or the two kids, but the footage of Rhee and his students was the same.

Enjoy,

Daniel
Man.... that takes me back! I remember those commercials... Jhoon Rhee was about the most visible person in martial arts in the DC area for a long time...

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Man.... that takes me back! I remember those commercials... Jhoon Rhee was about the most visible person in martial arts in the DC area for a long time...
Very. Hey, I just realized that you're pretty close to me, at least in the grand scheme of things.

Daniel

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have to go to the TKD Kwan that teach me to throw a fireball. How would you say Hadouken in Korean?

On Topic, I started training in TKD when I was 12 years old, and I got my 1st dan just before my 18th birthday. That means it took me a little over 5 years to get my BB, and I thought that was fast.

Latest Discussions