Martial Talk rocks!!

tntma12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I have been looking around on different forums, and I have to say that Martial Talk is by far the best one I have come accross yet. The way that everyone shares their points of view and experience with out be-littling(spelling) others is amazing. Even with some of the controversial topics that have been brought up, everyone seems to keep an open mind. Even the mutual respect for other artists/styles is truly something you dont see much anymore.

I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all that are a part of martial talk, and I look forward to learning more about peoples' points of view and experiences.

Looking at some other forums, seeing people arguing and fighting over different styles, training methods, ect. and looking here and seeing how possitive and helpful everyone is here, its good to see that there are still some true martial artists out there.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well said, sir. You are not alone in feeling this way, I can assure you - that very tolerance, intelligence and willingness to discuss without rancour is what I think of as the defining attribute of MT. :tup:.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tim, I have to spread some positive rep around a little more before I can rep you again or I'd have pos repped you for this post. The percentage of people on this site that I would truly enjoy meeting in person is somewhere around 99%. It's always good to have somewhere to play without having to worry about glass in the sandbox, ain't it.:)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I have been looking around on different forums, and I have to say that Martial Talk is by far the best one I have come accross yet. The way that everyone shares their points of view and experience with out be-littling(spelling) others is amazing. Even with some of the controversial topics that have been brought up, everyone seems to keep an open mind. Even the mutual respect for other artists/styles is truly something you dont see much anymore.

I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you to all that are a part of martial talk, and I look forward to learning more about peoples' points of view and experiences.

Looking at some other forums, seeing people arguing and fighting over different styles, training methods, ect. and looking here and seeing how possitive and helpful everyone is here, its good to see that there are still some true martial artists out there.

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Mike

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I'm truly glad you enjoy the site! Welcome!

azmyth

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I totally agree with this post.

this is the only forum I have found, where I can keep the tab open at work and come back and forth to see whats going on, because the response times are so fast :)

great place to spend the day!

thanks again for making me welcome.

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I have been looking around on different forums, and I have to say that Martial Talk is by far the best one I have come accross yet.

I agree. There are only two non-WMA/HES fora I frequent with any regularity, and MT is one of them.

But all this gentlemanly/gentlewomanly conduct is starting to get to me. So uh, I hate you all. ;)

-Mark

Bumblebee

Green Belt
Reaction score
I totally agree with this post.

this is the only forum I have found, where I can keep the tab open at work and come back and forth to see whats going on, because the response times are so fast :)

great place to spend the day!

thanks again for making me welcome.

The response times aren't fast enough for me! But, I guess that's a good thing. It still lets me get some work done. Awesome forum. I agree.

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am very grateful for this website. I'm a beginner in Tang Soo Do and have found everyone to be so helpful whether I had a question about a particular technique or needed perspective on school management.

The gracious attitidues and willingness to help are very important to me.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. There are only two non-WMA/HES fora I frequent with any regularity, and MT is one of them.

But all this gentlemanly/gentlewomanly conduct is starting to get to me. So uh, I hate you all. ;)

-Mark

Huh, we hate you too AND my styles better than yours AND my Grand Grand Master is Grander and more Masterly! So there!

LOL! I agree this is the best martial arts site going, I consider many on here good friends now and am dying to get over to meet and train with at least some of you! Rock on!

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tim, I have to spread some positive rep around a little more before I can rep you again or I'd have pos repped you for this post. The percentage of people on this site that I would truly enjoy meeting in person is somewhere around 99%. It's always good to have somewhere to play without having to worry about glass in the sandbox, ain't it.:)

I rep'ed him for you :D

This is a great forum and we are glad to have you aboard, tntma12.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yep, MT is one of the few MA boards where the vast majority of members got their head screwed on right. Trolls don`t like it here because they can`t stand the bright light of so much common sense evrywhere.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, It is really nice when everyone can share their opinions and point of views.

We are all still learning and growing as individuals. Sharing our thoughts and hopefully it helps others and create new thinking is a blessing.

It is also OK to disagree or share a different point of view....we all do not like tofu! or raw fish? ( these are some of my flavoriote foods).

Our world has alot of nice people......sometimes we need to find them....other times it is RIGHT HERE!

Aloha

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love this site and the people.
But what's up with the inflated rep system?
icon10.gif

Latest Discussions