purpose of martial talk

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i would like to think that all martial artist... those with a sincere heart to perfect themselves and their style are great people. isn't that why we come here to martial talk? to converse with other martial artist? a place to go to discuss other ways of doing things and to compare notes if you will. i just want to say that i have enjoyed my martial arts training even more now that i joined martial talk. its helped me evaluate my own style and also gives me a taste of what else is out there. just want to thank everyone here for making this m.t. a great place to hang out.
what is your opinion on mt's purpose?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i agree totally...

i can't speak on the purpose of martial talk...since i wasn't around at the beginning...but sure is fun

R

RHD

bignick said:
i agree totally...

i can't speak on the purpose of martial talk...since i wasn't around at the beginning...but sure is fun

I think that this is the most innocent MA forum in cyberspace. :whip:

Mike

A

AnimEdge

I like it at lest, nice mix of all arts and everyone is nice and helpfull :p

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
bignick said:
at least the most civil...from what i've seen of others
That's because we got great Mods who do their best to keep it that way. I wish more forums of any type were as civil and fun to be on.

:asian:

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
That's because we got great Mods who do their best to keep it that way. I wish more forums of any type were as civil and fun to be on.

:asian:
so true...

let's hear for the mods!...but not too much

egos grow to fast to feed them...

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The purpose of Martial Talk is evident in the name.

Martial meaning war, and talk... shouldn't need explaining.

So therefore Talking about war, in other words, taking over the world.

Which is actually what the Premium member forum is generally about. But I probably shouldn't be saying this... oh well, it's not like we aren't going to be controlling all your lives soon enough anyways...

The only way to avoid this is to join us ;)

*Note to admin* I get a commision on anyone that buys this ;)

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have seen a few other forums and I have to say when I stumbled upon this one I knew this is where I wanted to be. AnimEdge is right. There are many different styles here and it seems everyone just wants to share their knowledge and experience. I have learned much in my short time here. Thank you to the Mods for showing me that you can moderate with tact and diplomacy.:asian:

S

sifu nick

This is the best MA forum I have seen. It offers a great diversity in styles and opinions with a broad range of experience.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is an awesome forum!!! I've gotten so much excellent advice on my own art, amazing support for my black belt test from people of all arts, and I've really enjoyed learning about the different points of view. Bob Hubbard (Kaith) is in my opinion the reason this place is so great :asian: , because it begins at the top and he has a wonderful vision for this place. The mods he chooses are the best! I lurk on other MA sites but find them to be full of nonconstructive bickering. It's boring to read after awhile when thread after thread contains nothing but pot shots. This is a great place to learn and so fun too! :boing2:

MJ :)

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
MT is an idea generator. I've gotten some great ideas here, or at least the inspiration for my own.

MT has served me well in helping me aquire friends in diverse arts and from diverse places.

MT has helped me codify my thoughts on many aspects of the martial arts that I might not have otherwise thought of.

I've Learned a great deal about other martial arts, or even different branches of my art (American Kenpo Karate).

There's lots of good uses...these are mine.

Your Brother
John

P

Patrick Skerry

A good learning forum, and to share ideas. A good place to keep updated with all the prevailing viewpoints from all around the country, not just in one local area.

Its good to read the political discussions between members of different styles than your own, to see how different or similar some problems can be.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here Brother John... meet my sister... errr... Mimi and her friend, Agnes ;). They are looking for sensative, caring types... perhaps you could help them out :D

Attachments

• $hot chicks.jpg
    $hot chicks.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 124

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-I didn't find this site till about 8 months ago, lurked for the longest time just reading old posts. Found the site to be entertaining in every way. The humor, the info, the history, the comradiere(sp) most of all. I started posting a week or so ago, and although I don't formally practice any martial art presently, this site has inspired me nonetheless to begin before the year is out. I'd like to thank Bob, the mods, 7*, my favorite poster, and everyone else for helping me kill time at work!!!

A---)

S

SMP

I think this site is a great opportunity for discussion and imput. Aswell as a good place to discuss non martial topics with people who are in some ways connected.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Darksoul said:
-I didn't find this site till about 8 months ago, lurked for the longest time just reading old posts. Found the site to be entertaining in every way. The humor, the info, the history, the comradiere(sp) most of all. I started posting a week or so ago, and although I don't formally practice any martial art presently, this site has inspired me nonetheless to begin before the year is out. I'd like to thank Bob, the mods, 7*, my favorite poster, and everyone else for helping me kill time at work!!!

A---)
I do this too. I just kill time at work, reading Martial Talk.

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sarah introduced this site to me a couple of months ago. I have learnt soo much by reading threads etc. It is so good to get so much feedback and different opinions. Best site ever!!!:partyon:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nalia said:
Here Brother John... meet my sister... errr... Mimi and her friend, Agnes ;). They are looking for sensative, caring types... perhaps you could help them out :D
Dang....
Them's some hot babes for sure!!!

Bit too.....bulgy....
but hey, who's picky???
:partyon:
Your Brother (in smoking jacket and ascot)
John