Looks like it is over

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does playing nice constitute ignoring the constant and often idiotic, or at the very least nonsensical, attacks of some on the Bush administration (in general) and President Bush himself (specifically)? The desire, of some to blame Bush for every single solitary bad thing that has occurred since the fall of man is tired. I'll be happy once Obama takes office, just for the fact that HE and the Democrat controlled congress will have to responsibility for things.

I think you are smart enough to tell the difference between calling a poster on here an idiot or debasing their opinion using personal put-downs and criticizing the president and his policies.

But just in case you're not ... or just in case someone else missed it ... let's go over it again; criticism of government, government officials and policies = OK; personal put-downs of other users on this board = Not OK.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think you are smart enough to tell the difference between calling a poster on here an idiot or debasing their opinion using personal put-downs and criticizing the president and his policies.

But just in case you're not ... or just in case someone else missed it ... let's go over it again; criticism of government, government officials and policies = OK; personal put-downs of other users on this board = Not OK.
He said:
One would hope he doesn't ascribe to the current administration's position that they only are beholden to the people that directly voted for them.
I said:
Gee, I sure am glad I voted for Bush twice, when the stimulus checks came out I got $60,000 instead of the $600 you suckers got [/smartass response to dumb comment]
Which, if you read what I said, is calling the comment, not the poster dumb.
Which, by the way, is clearly attacking the message, not the messenger. Perhaps you could set your (painfully) obvious biases aside.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Translation? I vaguely remember the stimulus program. 60K?
The relevant portion is in bold
Originally Posted by Marginal
One would hope he doesn't ascribe to the current administration's position that they only are beholden to the people that directly voted for them.

Originally Posted by Big Don
Gee, I sure am glad I voted for Bush twice, when the stimulus checks came out I got $60,000 instead of the $600 you suckers got [/smartass response to dumb comment]

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone who things any change will be immediate is a fool.
The 2009 budgets set. Obama's got to run for a year with the deck already dealt.
This nation isn't a TRON light cycle that can turn 90' on a dime....it's more like trying to turn a battleship running at full tilt through mud.

More stim checks won't help. To pay for that, they'll just tack on a fee here an there You're only getting your own money back, after giving an interest free loan out. Foolish.

Asto other things, please don't make me regret waiting a few days before putting this section on hiatus. Thanks..

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
More stim checks won't help. To pay for that, they'll just tack on a fee here an there You're only getting your own money back, after giving an interest free loan out. Foolish.
The first round of stim checks was silly enough. However, crediting them exclusively to Bush is disingenuous.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
He said:

I said:

Which, if you read what I said, is calling the comment, not the poster dumb.

Aye, I can see the fine line clearly enough. It is important to bear in mind, tho', that all we're asking for is a little civility, thoughtfulness and restraint in how things are put across.

Which, by the way, is clearly attacking the message, not the messenger. Perhaps you could set your (painfully) obvious biases aside.

Careful of the windows with those rocks :eek: lol:.

Just to reiterate, the positions that people hold are their own business and they are free to discuss them as they wish as long as they're not illegal or simply downright offensive to common decency. I think, personally, that repetative redundancy in posting falls into the exclusion zone too but that's not explicitly laid out in the regs as far as I know.

Last edited:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Too many people voted for each candidate for anyone to feel comfortable dismissing either oen of them (or their positions) out-of-hand.

Latest Discussions