LEO kicks woman in the head.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
LEO Kicks handcuffed girl in head. May do jail time for it. Justified or brutality?

[yt]l75R0Cv3zsg[/yt]

AnnunakiKungFu

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
A little on the brutality side in my opinion. He could have stopped what he was doing and quickly re-subdued her, instead he just blasts her in the head. A kick from probably hurt her pretty bad.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Neither I reckon from the brief look we got there. Silly lass shouldn't have kicked the officer and the officer certainly shouldn't have kicked her in the head (or indeed at all) but I don't reckon it's something he thought about until after he'd done it.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This was a local story. This guy has a history of roughing people up.

Was indicted on felony battery charges, convicted, and just sentenced yesterday -- he will not serve jail time.

Justice served?

http://www.woonsocketcall.com/node/4871

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good bad, right or wrong, if your in cuffs being interviewed, this is not the time to cheap shot. I'm in no way condoning the actions of the officer. His responsibility is the safety of the arrested individual, and her responsibility is to comply.

DarkShadowfax

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Bit on the brutality side, but the woman was asking for a physical response by kicking at the officer - clearly not a wise decision.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly, there is sense, and then there is common sense.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good bad, right or wrong, if your in cuffs being interviewed, this is not the time to cheap shot. I'm in no way condoning the actions of the officer. His responsibility is the safety of the arrested individual, and her responsibility is to comply.

That's kind of where I'm coming from. She was resisting/attacking him, even while cuffed. That said -- blasting her in the face like that was hard to justify, though not necessarily impossible, especially since it appears from Carol's article that she wasn't injured. I dare say there are a few folks around here who could have realistically done a sweep from the woman's position. It really seems like there's a lot more to this story than one incident.

Dansolo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow... practically right in my back yard. I obviously agree that the woman was in the wrong for attacking the LEO but it seems to me that he didn't need to react that way... If he's had a history then I am against him. I feel like I've heard his name before...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think I'm looking at two dumbasses. She was a dumbass for trying to kick him, he was a dumbass for kicking her in the head.

Sheesh.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Her actions were completely stupid. If you are being detained by the police, you cooperate. You don't kick them. However, that kick was the her head was completley unjustified. He did not need to kick her to get her under control. It was vindictive, brutal, and not professional at all.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Her actions were completely stupid. If you are being detained by the police, you cooperate. You don't kick them. However, that kick was the her head was completley unjustified. He did not need to kick her to get her under control. It was vindictive, brutal, and not professional at all.

It certainly looks like it he did it because he could (convenient, his leg was already up, etcetera ... kind of a hotshot move), not because it was justified.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the kick was BS myself. Yes the stupid lady kicked at him. I am sure he has had worse happen. She was clearly drinking and he knew that. The kick attmept she did was foiled by him simply lifting his leg. He should have just moved out of the way and added on the charge of assulting a police officer. Then he just needed to restrain her legs and put her in the back of the car. The kick was uncalled for, brutality, and just mean. As stated he clearly has issues that needs to be worked out. He is the professional and there to do a professional job. That was just thuggish.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The girl is an idiot for doing that. But I could care less. The cop is an idiot, and that I do care about. Wouldn't have wanted him for a partner, and wouldn't want him as one of my men. If it was an isolated, once in twenty years brain fart, that's one thing, but if he has a history, no thanks, I want no part of him. Especially on camera.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
Should be doing PRISON time! Can you imagine if you had subdued some one who assaulted you and tied their hands and they did the same thing and YOU kicked him or her in the head in exactly the same way and as hard??!? They would be going after you in my state for AGGRAVATED ASSAULT! Boys and girls that is right next to Attempted Murder on the sentence chart! I want the LEO's held to AT LEAST the same standard as you or I would be, preferably slightly higher! They are supposed to be Professionals!!

Latest Discussions