Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some fun facts of the day about Australia, most of which I did not even know ๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ ๐—™๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—”๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฎ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ปโ€™๐˜ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„!
1. The Australian Alps get more snow than the Swiss Alps.
2. 90% of Australians live on the coast.
3. Tasmania has the cleanest air in the world.
4. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest ecosystem in the world. It is made up of nearly 3,000 individual reefs and can be seen from space.
5. Australia has over 60 separate wine regions.
6. Fraser Island in QLD is the largest sand island in the world.
7. The Indian Pacific train has the longest straight section of train track in the world.
8. The Great Ocean Road is the world's largest war memorial.
9. 80% of Australian animals are unique to Australia.
10. Australia has the world's longest golf course measuring more than 1,350 kms long.
11. Australia is home to 21 of the world's 25 most venomous snakes.
12. It would take around 29 years to visit one new Aussie beach every day โ€“ there are 10,685 of them!
13. Australia is the 6th largest country in the world.
14. 91% of the country is covered by native vegetation.
15. 33% of Australians were born in another country.
16. Australia is the only continent in the world without an active volcano.
17. Australia is home to the longest fence in the world, the Dingo Fence. Originally built to keep dingos away from fertile land, the fence is now 5,614 km long.
18. The Australian dollar is considered to be the most advanced currency in the world โ€“ its waterproof, made of polymer and notoriously hard to counterfeit.
19. Australia is the only continent covered by a single country.
20. The world's oldest fossil was discovered in Australia โ€“ 3.4 billion years old.
21. Australia is home to more than 1,500 species of spiders.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some fun facts of the day about Australia, most of which I did not even know ๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ ๐—™๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—”๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฎ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ปโ€™๐˜ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„!
4. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest ecosystem in the world. It is made up of nearly 3,000 individual reefs and can be seen from space.
7. The Indian Pacific train has the longest straight section of train track in the world.
10. Australia has the world's longest golf course measuring more than 1,350 kms long.
12. It would take around 29 years to visit one new Aussie beach every day โ€“ there are 10,685 of them!
17. Australia is home to the longest fence in the world, the Dingo Fence. Originally built to keep dingos away from fertile land, the fence is now 5,614 km long.
18. The Australian dollar is considered to be the most advanced currency in the world โ€“ its waterproof, made of polymer and notoriously hard to counterfeit.
20. The world's oldest fossil was discovered in Australia โ€“ 3.4 billion years old.
And no.21 is why Iโ€™ll never visit Australia!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

You forgot home of 6 foot tall hopping rats that are body builders
150605121650-200-pound-ripped-kangaroo-crushes-metal.png

Last edited:

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Canโ€™t wait to get back for another visit!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Fun fact: Australia has lost two wars to the emus.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come have a play in Aus! Our creatures welcome you with all 8 arms!
I had an Australian friend who left Australia because of the arachnid. She described spiders that hid under toilet seats and in the water of her pre-soaking clothes. She felt this was a sign that perhaps she wasnโ€™t welcome in the land of her birth!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had an Australian friend who left Australia because of the arachnid. She described spiders that hid under toilet seats and in the water of her pre-soaking clothes. She felt this was a sign that perhaps she wasnโ€™t welcome in the land of her birth!
Oh wow... I honestly feel it's not too bad, like there are definitely spiders but... guess it depends where you are. They can be quite crafty ๐Ÿ˜œ

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh wow... I honestly feel it's not too bad, like there are definitely spiders but... guess it depends where you are. They can be quite crafty ๐Ÿ˜œ
I suppose if you felt really paranoid you could jump in the sea for a bit of respite. Thereโ€™s nothing dangerous in the oceans around the Australian coast. ๐Ÿ˜

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still give every toilet a little kick before I sit on it to this day because of the Androctonus crassicauda in Iraq!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thereโ€™s a reason the Great Sky Fairy put Australia so far away from everywhere else ๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿฆ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿฆˆ

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Because you're dead.

I get it.

Box Jellyfish. You won't even see it coming.
I got SCUBA certified in Mexico (warm weather). It was a boat dive and all I had on was swim trunks. Dropped right into a school of Moon Jelly's and sea nettles. That was a sucky day.

Latest Discussions