Last Poster #7

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What exactly is a ‘moly’ and why are they sacred? No Googling!🧐
Even Googling didn't help much. Anyway, I don't believe every moly or mole (MO-ley) is sacred. They have to be properly blessed or something. I looked up "Holy Moly for Easter" and came up with this:

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife's working 10AM-10PM today. My families over 1k miles away. All the churches near me are mega churches I don't support. Going to spend today pretty much just exercising and training, and watching sitcoms on tv.
Too bad that you were not closer to me, you could swing by and have dinner with us!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My wife's working 10AM-10PM today. My families over 1k miles away. All the churches near me are mega churches I don't support. Going to spend today pretty much just exercising and training, and watching sitcoms on tv.
My wife is Chinese, non-religious, and there are no churches near me that I know, and there are more than a few mega-churches I wold avoid. We were supposed to go out to lunch, but she cancelled it because my mother was not feeling well and cancelled...... so I spent the morning cutting up tree limbs....

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife is Chinese, non-religious, we were supposed to go out to lunch, but she cancelled it because my mother was not feeling well and cancelled...... so I spent the morning cutting up tree limbs....
Was it “tree” limbs or….🤔

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even Googling didn't help much. Anyway, I don't believe every moly or mole (MO-ley) is sacred. They have to be properly blessed or something. I looked up "Holy Moly for Easter" and came up with this:

I hope you ‘Asked Jeeves’

In Kyoto, I once heard a young couple referring to Google as ‘Googaru San’ 🥰

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my! I've been on this forum since the Bob Hubbard days, long before it was bought by the current company, and I have never seen any ultra-right or neo-nazi propaganda or bias tolerated before or since it changed hands. Far from it. In fact, after it was sold to the current owners, the political sub-forums were cut out, and the mods have been very careful to keep the discussions free of political bias. Probably a wise thing in the current divisive environment.

I'm personally unaware of what topics or biases other online forums also acquired by the same company may exhibit. My concern is with this community and what I personally post. And, so far I've met and engaged with some really good people here. I'm sorry that you have not had the same experience.
Just ignore its ranting.

A cursory read through the forum shows this is not a friendly place to post especially if one holds views contrary to the consensus: I’m afraid that is the nature of debate and discussion on a ‘highly mixed’ forum. Fantasists and those who exaggerate their backgrounds and abilities have a certain ‘whiff’ about them that the astute easily catch and are soon outed whence aggressive lashing out occurs from those that are caught.

Thankfully it seems to have departed, hopefully for the corrective psychological help it requires.

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another rainy day in the Deep South. At least my lawn can start to recover after the drought last August.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We are into spring..... another winter strom is on the way for Wednesday night into Thursday..... Its spring time in the foothills of the Adirondacks.... we're forecast to get only 2 to 3 inches at my house...but in the Adirondacks (and the Berkshires in Mass) they are going to get 6 inches to a foot

gyoja

2nd Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are into spring..... another winter strom is on the way for Wednesday night into Thursday..... Its spring time in the foothills of the Adirondacks.... we're forecast to get only 2 to 3 inches at my house...but in the Adirondacks (and the Berkshires in Mass) they are going to get 6 inches to a foot
I’m thankful that it doesn’t snow here. I’ve experienced enough of the white stuff to last me a lifetime.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Through trying to find a good weapon school near me, I understand the complaints that grapplers have about "anti-grappling". Seems almost every school near here that claims to teach fma actually trained it for a couple months, figured out the very basics, and incorrectly applied/integrated them into their hybrid art.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Another rainy day in the Deep South. At least my lawn can start to recover after the drought last August.
having that rain now.
And massive connectivity issues
So far we have not blown away. Seems the storm front produced some twisters here and there.

Latest Discussions