Last Poster #7

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had Covid 6 months ago. Wasn't too terrible and responded well to treatment, but ever since then I've had a continuous stream of bad colds. Each month has been on average 2 weeks healthy, 1 week feeling run down, and 1 week sick. I ended up missing a solid month of HEMA classes and had to get a friend to teach my BJJ class for me on multiple occasions.

Anyway, the reports I've seen online say that Covid can mess up your immune system for 6 months post-infection and it's been 6 months now, so I'm really hoping that I can finally stay healthy for a while. Fingers crossed.
That love reaction is not that I love this is happening, but sending love/care to ya. Hoping you are right and your health starts recovering.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Covid 6 months ago. Wasn't too terrible and responded well to treatment, but ever since then I've had a continuous stream of bad colds. Each month has been on average 2 weeks healthy, 1 week feeling run down, and 1 week sick. I ended up missing a solid month of HEMA classes and had to get a friend to teach my BJJ class for me on multiple occasions.

Anyway, the reports I've seen online say that Covid can mess up your immune system for 6 months post-infection and it's been 6 months now, so I'm really hoping that I can finally stay healthy for a while. Fingers crossed.
That sucks. I hope the 6 months holds true for you.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
ice on the stairs yesterday, butt I didn't bust mine. Ice on the car too! I couldn't even open the car door. Took a lil while but I got it open. I too Snowball to get her nails trimmed today. Tons of water in the yard. Itll It'll probably freeze at some point. Now Snowball can silently and stealthily run across the hallway wood floors like she does the carpeted rooms.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
67l9xx.jpg

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to hit 61F today. So at least I can leave the garage heater on low.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Was -17 here last night,sheesh. Hoping it at least gets above freezing. Pipes froze up but lucky for me my dad is a retired plumber.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Probably gotta switch to Iced Tea to sip on the porch there.

Nah, I never drink Ice Tea....oh, and it is a balmy 10 degrees here now....but tomorrow things get weird for about a week, temperatures go into the 40s.... Use to be the entire month of February, you pretty much knew every day would be single digits to below zero.... 40 DEGREES!!! that is very strange for here in February

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Been looking to get rid of the 30 pounds I put on during covid. Started once my back was better so ~ 2 weeks ago, with calorie counting and exercise.
I've lost 4-5 pounds so far, and realized today I'll have an issue if I continue. my new clothes will be loose, but my old clothes will still be tight. If I continue, I'll have to buy a lot of new jeans before I get my weight back down. Deciding if that's worth it

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nah, I never drink Ice Tea....oh, and it is a balmy 10 degrees here now....but tomorrow things get weird for about a week, temperatures go into the 40s.... Use to be the entire month of February, you pretty much knew every day would be single digits to below zero.... 40 DEGREES!!! that is very strange for here in February
well, it would seem hot in the cold, where as the hot tea might freeze on contact?

Latest Discussions