Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1674994932477.jpg

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I shouldn't wear my shoes in bed, but it's cold and am weak. I don't wanna take my shoes off. January can't decide whether it wants to be summer or winter. Warm some days and cold on others.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It amazes me how immature some supposedly full grown adults can be on forums. Makes me wonder what they're like in-person.
two options:
They either kiss your feet and kowtow to you. Or they are just as disagreeable irl.
Most are in the former category. you'd never know what kind of jerks they really are until they can hide behind their devices.

Kind of like the discussion in this chicken forum:
The government is out to control our egg production so the store puts out bad feed and we don't get our own eggs this winter.

Ok, if you think it's that feed, why don't you send it in to have it analyzed?

Oh, I don't have the time for that.
And it's too expensive for chickenfeed.

and there I am behaving and not calling people dumb donkeys.

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just got back from class. Boy did I get winded tonight. It's weird I trained for 4 weeks by myself before returning to class, and my first class was a piece of cake. Didn't get winded and didn't hardly take any breaks. Tonight I did almost everything but had to sit out to catch my wind alot. It seems like I'm in worse cardio shape now even though I'm training and pushing myself. The only logical reason for this I can think of is, I'm in better shape now but I'm pushing harder than before but it seems like I'm in worse shape. Anyone experienced something like this before? Oh crap, might be wrong section to post this, if it is I'm sorry mods please move it if it's a problem.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from class. Boy did I get winded tonight. It's weird I trained for 4 weeks by myself before returning to class, and my first class was a piece of cake. Didn't get winded and didn't hardly take any breaks. Tonight I did almost everything but had to sit out to catch my wind alot. It seems like I'm in worse cardio shape now even though I'm training and pushing myself. The only logical reason for this I can think of is, I'm in better shape now but I'm pushing harder than before but it seems like I'm in worse shape. Anyone experienced something like this before? Oh crap, might be wrong section to post this, if it is I'm sorry mods please move it if it's a problem.
That's pretty much how it goes for everybody. You start out pacing yourself, then you push yourself and gas out. Stick with it and find a balance. Then push that balance slowly.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah definitely, it's possible your conditioning has improved and you're pushing yourself further.

Also another thing which happens is if you're exhausted, overtrained or just generally run down, everything can feel that much harder and the body doesn't cooperate as well. Definitely has happened with me!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It amazes me how immature some supposedly full grown adults can be on forums. Makes me wonder what they're like in-person.
Oh, man, I could write a book on it. I have one high maintenance friend. (the only one) Grew up a trust fund kid and now he's a male Karen.

I just got invited to an art show in L.A, all expenses paid, a big deal from a well known person that I like.

Then my high maintenance friend found out and wants to go. I cancelled the trip. Not worth the aggravation of him possibly being there..
(think Donald Trump without the orange)

What's always amazed me is how some people can suck and not know it. Or know it and not change it.

I know what some might be thinking, just get rid of him as a friend. Probably should, but probably won't, I think I'm his only friend.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh, man, I could write a book on it. I have one high maintenance friend. (the only one) Grew up a trust fund kid and now he's a male Karen.

I just got invited to an art show in L.A, all expenses paid, a big deal from a well known person that I like.

Then my high maintenance friend found out and wants to go. I cancelled the trip. Not worth the aggravation of him possibly being there..
(think Donald Trump without the orange)

What's always amazed me is how some people can suck and not know it. Or know it and not change it.

I know what some might be thinking, just get rid of him as a friend. Probably should, but probably won't, I think I'm his only friend.

After your description I'm surprised that you're his only friend :confused: :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
man.
I had so many things I wanted to do today, and it is RAINING
most involved either being outside, or going to the store - in a pickup - for large things.
time for entertainment inside.
Saves a lot of money, too.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
man.
I had so many things I wanted to do today, and it is RAINING
most involved either being outside, or going to the store - in a pickup - for large things.
time for entertainment inside.
Saves a lot of money, too.
For me, entertaining myself indoors includes garage time. And that can get REALLY expensive REALLY quick.

Currently putting a TSP Motorsports rollbar and 5-point harnesses in the Vette. Because I took the seats out to have the padding and leather replaced. And since they're out of the way...

I also think I need to install a line-lock and a 2 step rev ignition. Hmmmm....

Mrs. Dog just shakes her head and says "Well, it keeps you from making pipe bombs...".

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had Covid 6 months ago. Wasn't too terrible and responded well to treatment, but ever since then I've had a continuous stream of bad colds. Each month has been on average 2 weeks healthy, 1 week feeling run down, and 1 week sick. I ended up missing a solid month of HEMA classes and had to get a friend to teach my BJJ class for me on multiple occasions.

Anyway, the reports I've seen online say that Covid can mess up your immune system for 6 months post-infection and it's been 6 months now, so I'm really hoping that I can finally stay healthy for a while. Fingers crossed.

Latest Discussions