Last Poster #7

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Playing through Last of Us again after many years and surprised at how many of the story beats I've forgotten. Since I'm playing primarily to refresh the game story, I turned the difficulty to low so the combat is super easy. The game came out in 2013, and the game mechanics definitely feel clunky. But the story has already sucked me in. It'll keep me going in between episodes of the TV show.
Such a great game... enjoy it! I eventually turned the difficulty to the lowest (something I do not usually do) and I STILL had heaps of trouble in many parts haha. You've gotta really get the stealth tactics down really good. I don't know how people pass it on Survivor or Grounded modes, seriously LOOK AT THIS

Screenshot_20230125-223917_Samsung Internet.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been dealing with tendinitis/tendonopathy since last summer (from work). After a lot of PT, it became apparent more was going on in my left arm - the pain was different, and PT wasn't making much progress. An MRI this week showed a 50% tear in the common flexor tendon. Damn.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Such a great game... enjoy it! I eventually turned the difficulty to the lowest (something I do not usually do) and I STILL had heaps of trouble in many parts haha. You've gotta really get the stealth tactics down really good. I don't know how people pass it on Survivor or Grounded modes, seriously LOOK AT THIS

View attachment 29536
Finished part 1. I’m really looking forward to see it play out in the series.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It has been easier than I thought, but not really fun, at all. It's like all the worst parts of camping, but inside your house (so none of the best parts).
makes you cherish the option of just turning the faucet on?
and you realize where you can save a ton of water....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

View attachment 29536My
My son and son-in-law routinely play games at the hardest level. I'd love to have their reflexes.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
My son and son-in-law routinely play games at the hardest level. I'd love to have their reflexes.
Wow impressive haha. I'm a normal difficulty "middle-of-the-road" sorta guy. I like a game to be a little challenging, but not SO incredibly frustrating. I want games to be a down time and relaxing, I have other things for those more challenging pursuits :)

Oh and a little while ago my cousin bought me Bloodborne for PS4. ......... I don't even know if I can go there from what I've heard about it haha.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wow impressive haha. I'm a normal difficulty "middle-of-the-road" sorta guy. I like a game to be a little challenging, but not SO incredibly frustrating. I want games to be a down time and relaxing, I have other things for those more challenging pursuits :)

Oh and a little while ago my cousin bought me Bloodborne for PS4. ......... I don't even know if I can go there from what I've heard about it haha.
Me too. Totally like that. Generally, I ride the difficulty level up and down as I play.. if it's too hard, I have no problem turning it down. But I try to turn it up when it gets too easy, as well.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well...I'm off to go brave the snowstorm, pickup the youngest, and head home
We're flying to IN tomorrow for my MIL's 90th birthday. I understand it's snowing right now. If it's cold and nasty when we get there, I fully intend to blame you.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Given our recent discussion on dry January, I told my wife yesterday that there is no safe amount of ice cream one can consume. It didn't go very well for me. So, I drank half of her beer at dinner.
and you live to tell the tale....
For now.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The snowstorm fizzled, the rain came further north than they thought so I pretty much got nothing.....and it was above freezing this morning, 35, so no ice either

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
makes you cherish the option of just turning the faucet on?
and you realize where you can save a ton of water....
Yes, to both. I'd torture innocent people to be able to bathe inside my own house at this point. Fortunately for the innocents, I won't have to - they are almost done connecting the new well to house, so we'll be able to run water quite soon (though it won't be potable yet, and we won't be able to run it in appliances).

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. Totally like that. Generally, I ride the difficulty level up and down as I play.. if it's too hard, I have no problem turning it down. But I try to turn it up when it gets too easy, as well.
I'm the same. A too-easy game can't keep my interest, and a too-hard one ceases to be much fun.

Latest Discussions