Last Poster #7

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So.... how do they handle people taking the top and doors off their Wrangler?

Now you're trapped. Grab some bacon and feed it to @Xue Sheng.
Convertibles and Wrangler Doors could be manufacturer - Just like some states allow no rear bumper on Trucks as they can be a dealer option to be installed.

It also could be Airbag or other safety device related.

I just know that NY has different / more stringent requirements for state certifications.
Or they did a few (5-10) years ago last I checked.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @Dirty Dog, are chains on your tires required by law in the winter in Colorado. I saw signs on I-70 that made me think they were
Yes. Except when they're not.
The DOT folks can issue a chain law restriction whenever the weather and road conditions warrant. There are two levels.
Traction Law says you have to have chains on a 2WD vehicle. 4WD or AWD vehicles with winter or all season tires do not.
Chain Law says you have to have chains (or something similar) on at least two wheels.
Neither of those alerts is likely to be issued this time of year. In areas that get a lot of alerts, (like I70 West from Denver) there are pull offs built specifically to provide a place to chain up.
We have 4WD vehicles, but personally, I don't go out in weather that bad unless it is absolutely necessary.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That mirrors MT member Ballen's story: Feeling a little off, then his fit bit went haywire as his blood oxygen dropped like a rock.

No, COVID is not over. I mask up everywhere I go. I have no illusions about the effectiveness of my masks. I think I will need to buy some good ones.
So far so good. I have been vaccinated as soon as I was eligible, and boosted once at doctor's orders. At this point, the doctor's recommendation was not to get the 2nd booster. I had chemo and my body started to give me the middle finger...

Many hugs to you and prayers for the family.
We know so much more about diseases than we did in 1918 and the Spanish Flu.
Then again, as the Curded Blood Incident of 2005 indicated, people are jerks and deliberately spread the plague.
Wait. Did Ballen recover? Is he okay? Last I recall, he was heading to Texas to attend his daughter's graduation from USAF basic training.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yes. Except when they're not.
The DOT folks can issue a chain law restriction whenever the weather and road conditions warrant. There are two levels.
Traction Law says you have to have chains on a 2WD vehicle. 4WD or AWD vehicles with winter or all season tires do not.
Chain Law says you have to have chains (or something similar) on at least two wheels.
Neither of those alerts is likely to be issued this time of year. In areas that get a lot of alerts, (like I70 West from Denver) there are pull offs built specifically to provide a place to chain up.
We have 4WD vehicles, but personally, I don't go out in weather that bad unless it is absolutely necessary.
i was wondering, thanks. but I guess when you get an average of 15 feet of snow at Vail it is not surprising

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait. Did Ballen recover? Is he okay? Last I recall, he was heading to Texas to attend his daughter's graduation from USAF basic training.
yes, he recovered. He posted his ordeal, or I would have not known about it. it was scary as heck to read it, to be honest! And according to his account, he cheated the reaper on that one! This virus is something else!
Did you miss it?
It was a while back though, several months ago!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Someone decided to slow down the site for me by a factor of 100. It's impossible to post now.

Not sure why, but I know what now.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ive been accused of abuse or something and administratively punished, for PMing a member if their account had been hacked and thinking they were playing a joke on me. I wish the mods had actually looked at the posts first before sanctions commenced.

Jokes on me after all.

Site is un-usable now, took me 5m just to get this one out. Take care, I'm out.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
yes, he recovered. He posted his ordeal, or I would have not known about it. it was scary as heck to read it, to be honest! And according to his account, he cheated the reaper on that one! This virus is something else!
Did you miss it?
It was a while back though, several months ago!
I remember that, it was a very scary ordeal and I was very happy to hear about it after the fact, knowing he pulled through.

The strain of the virus he got was very early in the pandemic. Luckily as this virus goes on the strains appear to be getting weaker. What I had last June was pretty much a bad cold, but it was Covid. My boss described what he has now as the flu for a couple days and then things started getting better

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
This year has certainly been off to a very challenging first half... grandmother passed away last night suddenly, heart attack...

Been a very turbulent and sad 2022 for me so far, and still finding it hard to this day losing our dog earlier in year... Hoping you are all well, make the most of each day with whatever you value most in life

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This year has certainly been off to a very challenging first half... grandmother passed away last night suddenly, heart attack...

Been a very turbulent and sad 2022 for me so far, and still finding it hard to this day losing our dog earlier in year... Hoping you are all well, make the most of each day with whatever you value most in life
Sorry for your loss. I hope things improve for you.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I am sorry to hear this Simon.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

My deepest sympathies.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

Hang in there, those are heavy losses. Hoping for better times.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I'm sorry for your loss, Simon.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I am sorry for your loss

Latest Discussions