Last Poster #7

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ugh.. Achilles tendon injury.. no idea how that happened! It's not too bad but at the end range of dorsiflexion it hurts, especially at the heel end. So walking is tricky especially when the ankle goes into the stretched position... Fun....
Take car of that achilles, brother, they can be tricky.

Do you usually stretch them as part of your workout warmup?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
My memorial day elote baste. There's no I in elote, but there's one in elite elote.

Attachments

• 20220530_185139.jpg
    20220530_185139.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Take car of that achilles, brother, they can be tricky.

Do you usually stretch them as part of your workout warmup?
Thanks, yeah I usually warm up the general ankle area quite thoroughly. But I didn't before the 'swimming challenge', not thinking I would be working on my wall kicks that day 🤣

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I was at the National Cemetary over the weekend. Nice to see they finally corrected my father's grave marker.
I haven't been to the national cemetery here since before the pandemic. Used to go every year. It's beautiful. I'm glad they got your father's marker squared away.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I haven't been to the national cemetery here since before the pandemic. Used to go every year. It's beautiful. I'm glad they got your father's marker squared away.

Thank you, they forgot a war. He was in Korea and Vietnam and they only listed Korea. Now it has both. And I have been there every year, even during the pandemic. But then I have a reason to be, I have to take my mother every year, so it is to be expected. I have to take my mother every year

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Saw Top Gun Maverick over the weekend, and it was really fun.
Of course, because it's largely based on the works of Rudyard Kipling and David Lynch.

(sorry, trying out my new Wing Chun joke)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thank you, they forgot a war. He was in Korea and Vietnam and they only listed Korea. Now it has both
My dad was also in the Korean and Vietnam wars. My mom is referred to as a "Vietnam Era" veteran. Women weren't sent to Vietnam, but she served in that era, stationed in Germany.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Speaking of coffee, since I can't drink tea at the moment, and need to avoid caffeine..I started drinking decaf coffee black this past weekend. And I must be getting old, last time I tried black coffee, 25 years ago, it was to bitter....now.... not so bad... well...they say as you age taste buds die off so I guess the ones for disliking black coffee have perished....

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Speaking of coffee, since I can't drink tea at the moment, and need to avoid caffeine..I started drinking decaf coffee black this past weekend. And I must be getting old, last time I tried black coffee, 25 years ago, it was to bitter....now.... not so bad... well...they say as you age taste buds die off so I guess the ones for disliking black coffee have perished....
Maybe it's just better coffee. That's a thing, you know. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Maybe it's just better coffee. That's a thing, you know. :D

NAH!!! that's just a myth ;)

Actually the last time I tried it, I tried it several times, and I was grinding my own back then, and generally making coffee in a french press. Tried several different veristies, just did not like it. But last Sunday, not to bad.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no caffeine in bacon....

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's no caffeine in bacon....
Until there is.

Coffee grounds are an essential ingredient in some of my BBQ rubs, but you can always create a carmelized coffee rub for any cut of pork belly. It tenderizes with acid, and helps retain moisture. Delicioso.

Latest Discussions