Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, when I was a kid, coconut 'oil' was the cheap stuff we used to fry our french fries in.
and there is a recipe for 'Zebra Cake' where you make a chocolate paste with them and layer it with cookies in a cake pan.
My mom made that one year for my sister's birthday - it went ver like a lead balloon.....

and I don't go for coconut often, so we don't keep it.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Speaking of coconut oil, I started up oil pulling again every morning using coconut oil. Thought I'd have to work my way up from 5 minutes, but managed 15 minutes first time! Easy to incorporate oil pulling whilst you do other morning stuff :)

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, when I was a kid, coconut 'oil' was the cheap stuff we used to fry our french fries in.
and there is a recipe for 'Zebra Cake' where you make a chocolate paste with them and layer it with cookies in a cake pan.
My mom made that one year for my sister's birthday - it went ver like a lead balloon.....

and I don't go for coconut often, so we don't keep it.
I wanted to ask if you can taste the coconut in the oil since I am not a big fan of the flavor.

Aside, how are you doing? I pray all is well.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of coconut oil, I started up oil pulling again every morning using coconut oil. Thought I'd have to work my way up from 5 minutes, but managed 15 minutes first time! Easy to incorporate oil pulling whilst you do other morning stuff :)
Anybody that takes the time to look it up will see oil pulling is a great concept for adding to any health regiment. It is recommended 20 min per morning which I did for years.....:)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We got a dusting yesterday afternoon/evening. Temp dropped steadily all day. We are at 17° right now.

Not really expected to get much, only about 3 inches at most, but it is fluffy snow, suppose to go on most of the day. Go east of me and they are getting hammered....up to two feet if you're in the Boston area. And NYC is also getting buried too

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not really expected to get much, only about 3 inches at most, but it is fluffy snow, suppose to go on most of the day. Go east of me and they are getting hammered....up to two feet if you're in the Boston area. And NYC is also getting buried too
That is what our local news says as well. So there is a 50% chance they get nothing at all. ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That is what our local news says as well. So there is a 50% chance they get nothing at all. ;)

I'm just hoping they are right about our forecast here. Last year they predicted 6 to 12 inches from a snowstorm...I got up in the morning to clear the driveway....we had almost 3 feet...and it was still snowing

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wanted to ask if you can taste the coconut in the oil since I am not a big fan of the flavor.

Aside, how are you doing? I pray all is well.
there was no coconut flavor in the fat. It was just a cheap way to fill your fryer (probably not very sanitary, by modern standards, but it was good (and frankly easier to clean up than a pot of oil!)

I am doing alright. ready for my next bout with the chemicals. I am nearing the halfway point.
Sofar so good!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Anybody that takes the time to look it up will see oil pulling is a great concept for adding to any health regiment. It is recommended 20 min per morning which I did for years.....:)
Yeah absolutely! Unsure just how effective it is with some claims (eg actually pulling toxins out of the body itself), but in terms of getting them out of the mouth and gums definitely!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
another cold day in paradise..it is currently 12 times warmer than it was when I got up this morning...it is now 12 degrees Fahrenheit.... with wind chills in the single digits below zero

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, it appears I have another sinus infection..... question is do I go to work, have everyone go into a Covid panic, and then have HR send me home...or do I just call and tell them I won't be there...

Wouldn't be the first time I was sent home with a "diagnosed" sinus infection.... it would be the second time actually.....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, it appears I have another sinus infection..... question is do I go to work, have everyone go into a Covid panic, and then have HR send me home...or do I just call and tell them I won't be there...

Wouldn't be the first time I was sent home with a "diagnosed" sinus infection.... it would be the second time actually.....
stay home.
It's too cold to go out anyhow.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
another cold day in paradise..it is currently 12 times warmer than it was when I got up this morning...it is now 12 degrees Fahrenheit.... with wind chills in the single digits below zero
Stay home!! you have good reason to.

Latest Discussions