Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, it has been an interesting afternoon. Got a phone call..... from a neighbor of my mother.....she has covid, and was t my mothers house last night.... My mother (90 years old) was at my house at the time... there was a person here remodeling the bathroom so she stayed here while he worked.... he was finished, she went to her car for something...and got locked out of the house....she had no coat..it was 18 degrees, she called me. Left work early to help, I work 30 minutes away...called 911... the police came, picked the lock, and got her inside......Per orders of Mrs Xue, aka Dr Xue, I had to make my mother ginger tea and make sure she drank it... she is now home, full of ginger tea, and warm....now we watch for Covid. She has had both vaccines, plus a booster and about a month ago also had covid.... so i think she will be ok
I'm glad she's inside and full of ginger tea. Hopefully no COVID... fingers crossed.

On a lighter note, a neighbor of mine got locked out of his house in only his underwear. he had gone into the garage to grab a beer or something, and that door automatically locked and closed behind him. So, to be clear, he didn't THINK he was going streaking... he just wanted to get a beer in his closed garage, and just let the door swing closed on its own, instead of keeping it ajar a little. You know?

Anyway, the only thing he could find in the garage was a box of his daughters' old clothes that they were going to donate. So he threw on a girls medium t-shirt and a size medium pair of purple and pink yoga pants... and that's how he showed up at my door asking to make a call on my cell phone. I am laughing just thinking about it. T

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Keep him out, folks.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
beats leaving the house in a fur coat, and coming back home in a bikini. this weather is killing me

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Still trying to convince my frau that a better coffee roaster is something we need. She's not with me yet.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOVE scallops.
Scallops turned out rad. It's too bad prices are up all over...just a pound of sea scallops was almost $30. I hate making something great, but not enough to go around.

Don't even get me started on lump crabmeat...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Norwegian.
Ah, probably farmed then. Atlantic salmon is pretty tasty, but if you ever have a chance to eat wild-caught salmon, it's just so good. Deep red, oily, and really flavorful. Totally different.

We get a lot of salmon in Seattle from Alaska. Copper River salmon starts off really expensive, but as the season goes on, the price drops. I always stock up when it gets down to under $10 per pound. Freezes well, too. I'll cut it into servings, vacuum seal it, and then smoke the odds and ends.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah, probably farmed then. Atlantic salmon is pretty tasty, but if you ever have a chance to eat wild-caught salmon, it's just so good. Deep red, oily, and really flavorful. Totally different.

We get a lot of salmon in Seattle from Alaska. Copper River salmon starts off really expensive, but as the season goes on, the price drops. I always stock up when it gets down to under $10 per pound. Freezes well, too. I'll cut it into servings, vacuum seal it, and then smoke the odds and ends.
I got 6 of them in a bag, previously frozen. I warmed them up in a marinade with plenty of acid at room temperature, which gave them that dark red "cooked" coloring, before throwing them on for about an hour at 225F.

The albumin must flow.

The scallops were still better. I think it was the coconut oil.

Latest Discussions