Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The first day of winter is 20 days away and today was the warmest day in a week at 40F with a windchill of 30....and it has snowed every day for the last 5 days......

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
move to Bama
Nah, I'm ok with winter in the northeast.... it is just a bit earlier this year as compared to recent years..... but late if you look further back in time... I am not a fan of heat an humidity though, so Bama is not on the list of places to live for me..... besides...eventually I'd probably be whining about being cold when it was 60 degrees and then I'd have to shun myself

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Nah, I'm ok with winter in the northeast.... it is just a bit earlier this year as compared to recent years..... but late if you look further back in time... I am not a fan of heat an humidity though, so Bama is not on the list of places to live for me..... besides...eventually I'd probably be whining about being cold when it was 60 degrees and then I'd have to shun myself
The weather is what keeps us in the Seattle area. It's so mild and pleasant here, if you don't mind dark Winters.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's okay. I don't need to hate my attack

The first day of winter is 20 days away and today was the warmest day in a week at 40F with a windchill of 30....and it has snowed every day for the last 5 days......
No thank you. We may break the record high today (which I am fine with). We were in the 20's last week.
I mentioned this in another post but the way our temperatures swing makes it hard to acclimate.
Heat/humidity I am okay with as long as there is a little breeze. Don't like our dog day months (Aug/Sept) as much because the wind just does flat.

Good ole TN weather; if you do not like it just wait a day and it will change.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No thank you. We may break the record high today (which I am fine with). We were in the 20's last week.
I mentioned this in another post but the way our temperatures swing makes it hard to acclimate.
Heat/humidity I am okay with as long as there is a little breeze. Don't like our dog day months (Aug/Sept) as much because the wind just does flat.

Good ole TN weather; if you do not like it just wait a day and it will change.

Well its a heat wave today......its 45F and raining

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The weather is what keeps us in the Seattle area. It's so mild and pleasant here, if you don't mind dark Winters.

Why I stay in the Northeast.... I will even like it better when I can retire and don't have to worry about getting up at 5:00AM to clear the driveway after a snowstorm....

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not a fan of all the hurricanes down there, but near the beach does sound nice.
Yeah, im definitely not a stay and ride it out kinda guy. Hurricane starts my way we are leaving lol. But that's what you pay homeowners insurance for. The beach is more my wife's idea than mine. I'd take a cabin in the mountains but the cold weather bothers her. She has Lupis and Fibromaliga already now added the Cancer and Chemo and she really doesn't like it.

BUT on a great note, she had her first scan since ending Chemo a few months ago and they didn't find anything new growing so that's a huge relief. She will keep getting scanned every 3 months from now for at least the next year. And I just paid for all the tours and drivers for our trip to Italy to celebrate her winning and it's going to be an epic trip. Walking tours, food tours, wine tours, Rome, Florence, Day trips to small towns in Tuscany, Verona, Venice.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, im definitely not a stay and ride it out kinda guy. Hurricane starts my way we are leaving lol. But that's what you pay homeowners insurance for. The beach is more my wife's idea than mine. I'd take a cabin in the mountains but the cold weather bothers her. She has Lupis and Fibromaliga already now added the Cancer and Chemo and she really doesn't like it.

BUT on a great note, she had her first scan since ending Chemo a few months ago and they didn't find anything new growing so that's a huge relief. She will keep getting scanned every 3 months from now for at least the next year. And I just paid for all the tours and drivers for our trip to Italy to celebrate her winning and it's going to be an epic trip. Walking tours, food tours, wine tours, Rome, Florence, Day trips to small towns in Tuscany, Verona, Venice.
Rent a Ferrari convertible and take a drive down the coast road. I'm pretty sure this is required by law. You can do Rome to Pompeii and back as a day trip.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rent a Ferrari convertible and take a drive down the coast road. I'm pretty sure this is required by law. You can do Rome to Pompeii and back as a day trip.
One of the tours offered I almost said yes to was a tour of the Ferrari factory and a ride on the test track. We decided to go to Verona instead but man that was tempting lol

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
We were given a Godiva Assorted Prestige Biscuit Gift Tin for Thanksgiving. Mrs Xue opened it yesterday, and speaking as a person who cannot exercise as much as he would like, because of this stupid knee, all I can say is they the Godiva Assorted Prestige Biscuit Gift Tin is evil....pure evil

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got asked to take part in a long-term study of my brain because of my severe covid. MRIs, blood tests, cognitive tests. I want to say yes and help out but every 3 months Id have to take a day off work, drive 2 hours each way and spend the entire day in the hospital. I expressed my concerns about missing work and driving that far and she said "well we will pay you $75 dollars and you get a boxed lunch and free parking" I ask if it was 75 bucks each time as that damn near what it will cost me in gas right now and she said no. Once at the end. I still might do it just to try and help someone else out but they dont want to make it easy lol.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I got asked to take part in a long-term study of my brain because of my severe covid. MRIs, blood tests, cognitive tests. I want to say yes and help out but every 3 months Id have to take a day off work, drive 2 hours each way and spend the entire day in the hospital. I expressed my concerns about missing work and driving that far and she said "well we will pay you $75 dollars and you get a boxed lunch and free parking" I ask if it was 75 bucks each time as that damn near what it will cost me in gas right now and she said no. Once at the end. I still might do it just to try and help someone else out but they dont want to make it easy lol.
It's a shame they don't make it easy. Some people just won't be bothered, but like you, a lot of folks would be happy to help if they could just get a little cooperation in return. It just baffles me how organizations seem to go out of their way to make doing good things harder... like they don't want you to say yes.

Latest Discussions