Last Poster #7

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just thinking.... SInce the beginning of the pandemic, I have been quarantined, got the Covid Vaccine, had a Covid test that came back negative, been quarantined, caught Covid, been quarantined, and had another Covid test that also came back negative.....
I sincerely believe you either had it , have it, or will get it. Many, many people never even know it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Remember this guy

giphy.gif

DefinitiveBeneficialKinkajou-size_restricted.gif

Manny Pacquiao.... he is currently a senator in the Philippines and he is running for President of the Philippines

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just thinking.... SInce the beginning of the pandemic, I have been quarantined, got the Covid Vaccine, had a Covid test that came back negative, been quarantined, caught Covid, been quarantined, and had another Covid test that also came back negative.....
You've had the round trip experience huh, yikes

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peroxide isn't good? This is new information for me - please educate!
Nope. Alcohol and peroxide damage healthy tissue, which impedes healing. People think it must be good, because it foams up so impressively. But that is simple because it reacts to proteins. Like, say, blood...
I do heartily endorse peroxide for getting blood out of scrubs, though.
And (cut to half strength) it's useful for removing scabs from sutured wounds. Suturing pulls the edges of a wound together. Scabs push them apart. The gap fills with scar tissue. So the less scab, the less scar. But removing the scab is not cleaning the wound.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well...sometime after lunch time (EST) I will be unconscious and the MD will be bending my knee and straightening it..... It hit me today....what if this doesn't work..........I mean I will be asking for my old knee back and a full refund....but what about CMA stuff

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not what my Russian former epee coach taught me. He informed me when I injured my foot to just soak it in a bucket of vodka for three days and I'll be good to come back to practice.
Did he expect you to drink the vodka afterwards, too?

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did he expect you to drink the vodka afterwards, too?
Don't actually have to. Human skin is permeable to alcohol. You can get drunk by soaking in ethanol. You can die from soaking in isopropyl or methanol. Or ethanol too, obviosusly.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My cable went out hours ago, won’t be back until morning. I just finished reading some books I bought.

What the hell, I think I’ll try to drink some Grey Goose with my feet. I wonder if they’ll get frisky and kick at each other?

Going in, wish me luck.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
My cable went out hours ago, won’t be back until morning. I just finished reading some books I bought.

What the hell, I think I’ll try to drink some Grey Goose with my feet. I wonder if they’ll get frisky and kick at each other?

Going in, wish me luck.
If you’re going for the vodka on your feet, don’t waste the good stuff. ;)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you’re going for the vodka on your feet, don’t waste the good stuff. ;)
Not fifteen minutes after I posted that, we had a full power outage. (they happen here a lot, antiquated system) And me sitting with my feet in a vodka bath. In the dark.

Despite the fact that my left foot was asleep when I woke up, my toes have been smiling all morning.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't actually have to. Human skin is permeable to alcohol. You can get drunk by soaking in ethanol. You can die from soaking in isopropyl or methanol. Or ethanol too, obviosusly.
I'm aware. I'm also aware of a few other more novel ways to consume alcohol... or many other intoxicants. There are more mucus membranes than you really want to think about...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm aware. I'm also aware of a few other more novel ways to consume alcohol... or many other intoxicants. There are more mucus membranes than you really want to think about...
Yeah. There were a group of Surgeons and nurses from L.A that used to come here back in the day. They stayed in rural Maui, right next to my buddy, no phones, no electricity. They used to do peyote enemas. Always offered us some. We declined. They were nice people, though.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'd be hard pressed (pun unavoidable) to find one I haven't seen used. One of the more entertaining was someone who heard about the fad for "butt chugging" wine and decided to try it with Gin. That did not end well.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well...sometime after lunch time (EST) I will be unconscious and the MD will be bending my knee and straightening it..... It hit me today....what if this doesn't work..........I mean I will be asking for my old knee back and a full refund....but what about CMA stuff
This was (2) days ago..........I hope all is well.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This was (2) days ago..........I hope all is well.
Yesterday, Friday the 8th. Recovering today but per MD orders I need to work twice as hard to get the knee working again or the scar tissue will return fast. PT exercises for the knee that were 2 to 3 times a day not hav to be 6 times a day, 1:00PM est I've done 2 rounds and I am about to do 3.

I had 2 procedures yesterday, a ultrasound guided nerve block and then the manipulation

It is painful but only about 1/3 the pain of the day after the replacement, but part of that is due to the nerve block, which should start wearing off in a couple hours

Latest Discussions