Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Where we live it is a pathway for Hummingbirds on their migration south. We leave our feeders up a little longer for the stragglers. :)
I never saw them before August at my old house. Never saw any before now at this location.
Sadly we only get one species, but hey. I am not sure why the locations vary so greatly. just about 30 miles difference, and the rest is largely the same.
Making plans for next year's garden I suppose, and work slowly toward this for the rest of the year.

I bought a pouch of feed, but promptly misplaced it, so sugar water is it. Best use for refined white sugar if you ask me.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never saw them before August at my old house. Never saw any before now at this location.
Sadly we only get one species, but hey. I am not sure why the locations vary so greatly. just about 30 miles difference, and the rest is largely the same.
Making plans for next year's garden I suppose, and work slowly toward this for the rest of the year.

I bought a pouch of feed, but promptly misplaced it, so sugar water is it. Best use for refined white sugar if you ask me.
For your next years garden consider, "Pride of Barbados" and "Mexican Sage" of which Hummingbirds love.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Did I mention I saw a hummingbird a few days ago?
then I went and got feeders, expecting the little dude to be in Mexico by now

Still, last night I made syrup and put the feeders up.
This morning not just one but TWO showed up.
I am happy.
Awesome. They’re fun to watch. We have a lot of hummingbirds that toddle around our yard.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
my laptop just died.
Some funky things blitzed through - visually speaking then the black screen of complete death.
with a tendency to overheat, I wondered if that had happened again, but no, it won't turn back on.
This is actually only the 2nd computer that died on me.
Ok, the 3rd. My first laptop also passed away
The other machines just get bogged down and get too slow to use.

gonna look for a repair shop I suppose.
Monday Monday....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had a MacBook die once, I updated it and the update turned it into a brick, would not boot. I left it sit for a year, finally picked it up to get rid of it. Just for the heck of it I hit the power button again..... it booted and is still working today, but the update is not there...and I have no idea what actually happened

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm a bird fancier and hummingbirds are one of my favorites. My wife is a full on bird nut.

Unfortunately for us, there are no hummingbirds in Hawaii. Such a shame.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm a bird fancier and hummingbirds are one of my favorites. My wife is a full on bird nut.

Unfortunately for us, there are no hummingbirds in Hawaii. Such a shame.

Did you ever see a hummingbird moth? They are rare, but I've seen a couple around here

BlandFailingBoubou-size_restricted.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings banned in China

Shang-Chi star Simu Liu, for example, has been the subject of controversy in China since his casting announcement. Internet users criticized his looks and, more recently, he was heavily criticized for a past interview in which he described his own parents' experiences in Communist China and explained why they emigrated to Canada. Members of the nationalist forum that circulated the interview criticized him for choosing to become an actor and represent Chinese people. It's also worth noting that the film itself had controversy attached already, due to the comic book character's problematic origins and relationship with Fu Manchu.

Looks like the Eternals will be banned as well

Eternals’ Could Face China Release Issue Over Chloé Zhao Backlash, ‘Shang-Chi’ Also at Risk

filmmaker Chloé Zhao has emerged as persona non grata in China over the last several months

Latest Discussions