Last Poster #7

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I actually had to switch the central heat on last night. Fall is coming Jon Snow.
When I got home yesterday I turned our downstairs unit on (NG) to make sure it was working as it should. I saw that one of the three burners was not lighting. Cleaned the orifices and it worked fine.
The downstairs unit is vintage to the house (1988) and just keeps going.
I have changed about everything out on the heat side but when the compressor finally goes out it will have to be replaced.
It froze up several years ago after I did a major cleaning on the condenser and evaporator, which unknowingly dropped the pressure just a bit. It also froze up back in the summer after the start capacitator went out.
It needed a charge afterwards and the tech that came out let one of the cap seals fall out and in turn it lost about 1/2 of it's charge overnight. If you know compressors you know that is very hard on them.
He came out and corrected the charge and all seemed well but it does worry me.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Soooooo much fun. These ones we often go back to on our retro/new game nights. That darn blue shell item though... uuuuuugh.....
I got that one time when I was in the lead. :D
Of course I had to use it, and it did what it said it did! 🤣

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We have not turned the heat on yet, but we will be soon. Once temps get to the 40s at night, the heat comes on
It is 50 degrees here and I am FREEZING

Just kidding.
I am enjoying having the backdoor open. I just wonder why my neighbors have started to play the radio in their backyard 24/7....it isn't annoying, just puzzling.
Then again, I have not heard her goat in a while.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is 50 degrees here and I am FREEZING

Just kidding.
I am enjoying having the backdoor open. I just wonder why my neighbors have started to play the radio in their backyard 24/7....it isn't annoying, just puzzling.
Then again, I have not heard her goat in a while.
Same here. I took the dog out and thought man this is almost hoodie weather. Im sure next week will be back in the 90s.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
60s here during the day and temps will be going down from here for a few months
I'm pretty sure this is our first fake fall. We always get a week or two of pleasant temps then BAM back in the upper 80s low 90s. I am looking forward to this evening. My son's football game should feel like actual football weather.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Soooooo much fun. These ones we often go back to on our retro/new game nights. That darn blue shell item though... uuuuuugh.....
I've been hit by the blue shell more than a few times so I know the feeling. It's funny when you cross the finish line then get hit with the blue shell anyways.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man, that's scary. Glad you came out the other side, and I hope you manage a strong recovery.
Thanks, So far so good. For the next 3 months, I do checkups every 2 weeks with a cardiologist and a pulmonologist to make sure I have no long-term issues. In my last one, the pulmonologist said my lungs sounded amazing. Didn't even sound like I ever got since. She said most people that were as bad as I had a ton of scar tissue in the lungs for a while afterward.

It's kinda crazy how this is attacking people now. My son's best friend and his dad got diagnosed with Covid this week and his dad was just put on a ventilator and they both are vaccinated and both had mild cases of covid a few months ago. Thankfully my son is attached at the hip to his new girlfriend and has not been around his friend in a while.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't really know anything about systems. At all. I have an addictive personality, when I find something I really like, I tend to do it forever. But sometimes I really don't know how.

Years ago, my wife and I went on a four and a half month road trip moving here. In one of the campgrounds they had a barn filled with pinball machines and video games. We found a driving video game that we liked.
Spent an extra two days there just so we could play. (hence the long road trip)

Ten years later, we moved back here after 9/11 so I could go back fighting bad guys. One night off in the summer we were walking a beach in Massachusetts. There's an amusement park across the street, been there since we were kids. We walked along it, and just as we were passing one particular arcade, my wife grabs my arm and said "listen".

We heard the sounds of that driving game we had played. Four hours later they had to boot us out because they were closing.

But now, we have the time. And we have the great big screen. We have the need. The need for speed!

So....of the ones you mentioned, which one is the best quality? The way I figure it, she just spent a couple grand on me. The least I can do is get a really good quality game.

I wish you hadn't mentioned that driving chair. You're mean. :)
Forza is pretty customizable, where you can turn assists off to make it more like a driving simulator, or keep them on and it's a little easier to keep the car on the track.

The seats I'm interested in aren't anything too fancy. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GDVE4ZQ/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A2ZANZX0RHL3OT&psc=1

(Edit: I just have to add that the description of the seat above is hilarious and clearly not written by a native English speaker. One of the bullets in the description: "Our GTA Racing Simulator has an amazing look and feel because it is truly amazing and has a feel you will never forget and that’s our promise to you!" What a sentence. :D)

Of course, by the time you get the wheel and pedal set up, it's getting a little spendy... I keep putting it on my birthday list, but I think I may just have to buy it for myself. :)

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I got that one time when I was in the lead. :D
Of course I had to use it, and it did what it said it did! 🤣
Whhaaaaat..... I didn't know you could get it whilst in the lead! And did it seriously just turn back on you?!? Wow!

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great football weather last night. My son's team won and he played pretty good. 2 picks at DB but did give up a long TD on a kick off but hes never played special teams before this week and the kid that took it to the house has several D1 scholarship offers and is really really fast which my son stayed with him stride for stride for about 60 yards he just couldnt close the distance to make the tackle.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great football weather last night. My son's team won and he played pretty good. 2 picks at DB but did give up a long TD on a kick off but hes never played special teams before this week and the kid that took it to the house has several D1 scholarship offers and is really really fast which my son stayed with him stride for stride for about 60 yards he just couldnt close the distance to make the tackle.
High school football makes some of the best memories. Here is our son (21) in high school. He went on to play for WKU.

1632577232115.png

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I immediately thought of @drop bear and Drop Bear things. :)

Wow! And haha, tryin to pull the ol , ‘Oh, you don’t know who I am?' card hehe.

And you what this means.... proof that Krav Maga and Russian Systema are the bestest, and better than MMA!!! :O ;P

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wow! And haha, tryin to pull the ol , ‘Oh, you don’t know who I am?' card hehe.

And you what this means.... proof that Krav Maga and Russian Systema are the bestest, and better than MMA!!! :O ;P
BUT I HAVE A WIKI PAGE!!!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did I mention I saw a hummingbird a few days ago?
then I went and got feeders, expecting the little dude to be in Mexico by now

Still, last night I made syrup and put the feeders up.
This morning not just one but TWO showed up.
I am happy.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I mention I saw a hummingbird a few days ago?
then I went and got feeders, expecting the little dude to be in Mexico by now

Still, last night I made syrup and put the feeders up.
This morning not just one but TWO showed up.
I am happy.
Where we live it is a pathway for Hummingbirds on their migration south. We leave our feeders up a little longer for the stragglers. :)

Latest Discussions