Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I am sure it will sell.... I just don't like it based on its historical style, and model history.

A lot of the 70s and 80s were not great either
I think it's a handsome car... but as you say, it doesn't really look like a Mustang. Cool car, though.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Ford Mustang.....

155774461.jpg

1592433924acf0cb8ac9MMcKinnon_91Mustang-04130-Edit_Sml.jpg

DSC0271.jpg

2022 Electric

2022-Ford-Mustang%20MACH-E-FrontSide_FTMUSME2201_640x480.jpg

Way to go ford, take the mustang and make it as generic and blasé as every other car on the road today.... yuk
The electric model is one ugly car. I agree calling it a Pinto would be more fitting.

The gas burner does not look a lot different from its predecessor.
1629833801144.png

I had a 73 Mustang fastback that was a piece of crap rust bucket. I also had a 90 5.0 5 speed that was FUN! I put it through hell and it never blinked. Good car.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a refurbished GTO. A 66 or 67, I forget.

Sure is a sweet ride, though. It sounds like growling when he boots it.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
great years for the GTO

I knew a couple guys with GTOs. One was a 1964
1964-pontiac-gto

The other had a 1972

hppp-0711-pl-1972-pontiac-GTO-.jpg
I almost bought one from a guy I worked with when I was 17. He even had a tank in the trunk. (Nitrous maybe, does that sound right?)

But when I drove it - it scared the Beejesus out of me. It was way too much car for my young, foolish butt.

I bought a used car off my future brother-in-law one time. I don't know anything about cars, I just needed another used car. He had a gold dodge. A coronet 440.

Went to his house, bought it, went to back out of the driveway - and left ten feet of rubber before stopping. I didn't know it was a fast car.

Only drawback to that car was it was stolen a half dozen times. Stolen and beaten.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I almost bought one from a guy I worked with when I was 17. He even had a tank in the trunk. (Nitrous maybe, does that sound right?)

But when I drove it - it scared the Beejesus out of me. It was way too much car for my young, foolish butt.

I bought a used car off my future brother-in-law one time. I don't know anything about cars, I just needed another used car. He had a gold dodge. A coronet 440.

Went to his house, bought it, went to back out of the driveway - and left ten feet of rubber before stopping. I didn't know it was a fast car.

Only drawback to that car was it was stolen a half dozen times. Stolen and beaten.

The car that scared me to death was a car a guy I knew built, and took me for a ride in one night.

It was a Chevy Vega, but it had a very customized 327 chevy engine in it. I swear the dang thing was air-born when he went over some railroad tracks. Opened the hood, wait, it had no hood yet, he was waiting for it to come back from the fabricator so it would fit over the engine. And between the fenders all you saw was engine. I only rode in it once, that was enough for me.

Note: That ride happened in Chelsea by the way

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
A massive amount of appointments opened up for the 16-39 folks to get vaccinated here. It was a MAMMOTH task haha, with mine taking about 3 hours and my partner 7 hours to book (the queue was outrageous haha, which is actually a good thing that so many are booking). But all booked in in a couple of weeks to get Pfizer :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A massive amount of appointments opened up for the 16-39 folks to get vaccinated here. It was a MAMMOTH task haha, with mine taking about 3 hours and my partner 7 hours to book (the queue was outrageous haha, which is actually a good thing that so many are booking). But all booked in in a couple of weeks to get Pfizer :)
Early on, it was like that trying to get in here, too. Once I was eligible, it took me about 3 weeks to finally get scheduled.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That is awesome. Happened here, as well. Once the infrastructure opened up, it was very easy to get in. In fact, at one point, they were doing walk-ins, no appointment needed. I got my shots at a local sports arena. They were well organized and it the process was easy. I'm anticipating getting a booster in about November.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The car that scared me to death was a car a guy I knew built, and took me for a ride in one night.

It was a Chevy Vega, but it had a very customized 327 chevy engine in it. I swear the dang thing was air-born when he went over some railroad tracks. Opened the hood, wait, it had no hood yet, he was waiting for it to come back from the fabricator so it would fit over the engine. And between the fenders all you saw was engine. I only rode in it once, that was enough for me.

I watched the city of Chelsea burn down when I was young. It was crazy. And firefighters are as crazy as bomb squad guys.

I had to look up the Chevy Vega, I remember it now. Yeah, that would have scared me, too. I hate being a passenger in a car that's going too fast.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I watched the city of Chelsea burn down when I was young. It was crazy. And firefighters are as crazy as bomb squad guys.

I had to look up the Chevy Vega, I remember it now. Yeah, that would have scared me, too. I hate being a passenger in a car that's going too fast.
My father was stationed at Chelsea naval hospital and watched the fire from his office.

I had a similar "going too fast" experience in the passenger set of a friends Datsun 240Z on 495. I stopped letting him drive if we went anywhere after that.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Back in1980, a guy I knew was down on his luck and sold me a '76 Vega for $150. We became good friends and he ended up driving the car more than I did. It was the first 4-cylinder car I had ever seen.
About 2 years later the engine let go so we turned it into a Pro-Comp drag car. Stretched the frame and dropped in a 327 with a torque glide transmission. Cut Dana 60 rear end. Ran on 112 Octane AV gas. Consistently ran in the 9's.
Of course it was only built to go straight.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are all just plain wrong. There is no such thing as "too fast" or "too much power". There's no such thing as "too much cam", only "not enough engine".
My Vette makes a bit over 800HP, and is totally streetable. And as soon as I can figure out a way to get some traction, I'll go for even more power. :p

Always remember the 10 Car Commandments:

1. Thou shalt place no other cars before thy project
Your project car is to be driven. Unless it’s a full-on race car or a concours-level restoration, you simply do not disrespect it by throwing it on a trailer.

2. Thou shalt not make unto thy car any false livery
False idol worship is an inappropriate use of the classics. While a true homage to iconic liveries is always welcome (see: Gulf Oil on a Porsche, Martini on a Lancia), the Jagermeister livery on a Mustang, Momo on a BMW, or Marlborough on a Jaguar are crimes against motorsport heritage that can’t be unseen.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the lord thy car god in vain
The car gods will become angered if they see Cobra, M3, and GT-R emblems on those nameplates over which they reign.

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy
Weekends are for driving. Tastefully, of course.

5. Honor thy mother and father
All aspects of your car’s heritage are precious, from classic liveries, to the layout of the engine, to the lines of the fenders. If you must modify for performance reasons, be sure to respect your elders.

6. Thou shalt not kill
Know your limits, and don’t hit the wall. If you won’t rein yourself in for your own safety’s sake, do it for the car.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery
A Porsche with a Chevy motor is regarded by some as a crime against nature. Some will take grave issue with this statement and call a V8 swap a time-honored tradition predating even the Carroll Shelbys and Briggs Cunninghams of the world. They’re wrong: it’s a sin. As Las Vegas proves, though, a little sin is necessary from time to time.

8. Thou shalt not keep track of thy budget
For thy project is as worthy as it is colossal. Rare is the project that comes in on budget without sacrificing quality. The best cars, those most worthy of your blood and sweat equity, cannot be confined by accountants.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness
There is an incalculable difference between a carefully constructed replica, made using components as good or better than those to which they are paying tribute, and an otherwise mediocre Fiero topped by a hastily crafted plastic shell. A special circle of hell exists for anyone who would attempt to pass one car off as another.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s garage
If your neighbor’s is nicer than yours, by all means, befriend him and drink his beer, then go one better. Sometimes sacrifices must be made, but forging your own garage mahal is an endeavor worth working towards.

Latest Discussions