Last Poster #7

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, if anyone has aaany advice for a mouse/rat or mice/rats up in the ceiling/roof, I'm all ears! 🤣

Is there some method to LURE them out I wonder? I mean, I could somehow throw some sort of poisonous pellets up there, but if they die up there it'll smell up the place huh...

They seem to like it up there, which is bizarre, no water or food in there, but they are hangin round!

They are noisy buggers too!
Adopt a couple of cats who like to hunt, then turn them loose up there. This has worked for us. 😁

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Adopt a couple of cats who like to hunt, then turn them loose up there. This has worked for us. 😁

That is a great idea, some state government office did that a while back and it worked great for getting rid of mice. But if it is rats, you need a cat that is a ratter, not all cats are created equal when it comes to rats

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay, if anyone has aaany advice for a mouse/rat or mice/rats up in the ceiling/roof, I'm all ears! 🤣

Is there some method to LURE them out I wonder? I mean, I could somehow throw some sort of poisonous pellets up there, but if they die up there it'll smell up the place huh...

They seem to like it up there, which is bizarre, no water or food in there, but they are hangin round!

They are noisy buggers too!
D-CON® DISPOSABLE MOUSE BAIT STATION
I use these in our barns and shops. Easy and effective. Place them out of site and forget about them.
Occasionally a mouse may expire in a close enough location to smell while it decomposes ( a couple of days usually). Not great but it is a permanent solution.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
D-CON® DISPOSABLE MOUSE BAIT STATION
I use these in our barns and shops. Easy and effective. Place them out of site and forget about them.
Occasionally a mouse may expire in a close enough location to smell while it decomposes ( a couple of days usually). Not great but it is a permanent solution.
Just to reiterate, the good thing about bait traps is that they take the poison back to their nest. If the nest is outside, great. If it's in your attic or crawlspace.......

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This makes no sense to me
A bank that has branches in both Canada and America.
I can open an account in Canada, and access that account from any of their American branches.
But if I open an account in America, I can't access that account in any of the Canadian branches.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I can open an account in Canada, and access that account from any of their American branches.
But if I open an account in America, I can't access that account in any of the Canadian branches.
I must have gotten lost here. What Bank are you talking about?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just spoke with a few Doctors here. They told me our state will likely be going back into full lockdown within a month.

Man, I'm really starting to hate people.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with a few Doctors here. They told me our state will likely be going back into full lockdown within a month.

Our area is already back into restrictions. If things keep going as-is, lockdown seems likely at some point.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of how banking regulations would affect this kind of thing (I've worked with banks on both sides of the border, including a couple that operate on both sides). I can't think what would create this one-way restriction.

Razznik

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Probably because the bank was founded in Canada I guess? Or because the Americans said that all Canadians were a threat to American society so to prevent contact between America and Canada this rule was created? I don't know, just throwing wild guesses.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks all for the micey advicey! Very helpful! Yeah trying to avoid them dying up there and smelling... will see what we do, or whether we just hope they leave eventually hehe

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Our area is already back into restrictions. If things keep going as-is, lockdown seems likely at some point.
Thinking of you guys. Yeah our capital city is in full lockdown. Us regional areas were released as are doing good, but still alot of settings in places. Masks indoor and outdoor everywhere, and no visitors to home whatsoever. Home gatherings have been found to be a massive contributor and source of spread...

Our national cabinet have agreed upon that only until we get to 70 or 80% full vaccinated, lockdowns will still feature.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

So far NYS is not even mentioning this, but they are talking about a mask mandate again. We were supposed to start back full time in the office in September, but I do not see that happening with the delta variant being present.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of how banking regulations would affect this kind of thing (I've worked with banks on both sides of the border, including a couple that operate on both sides). I can't think what would create this one-way restriction.
I can't figure it out
Probably because the bank was founded in Canada I guess? Or because the Americans said that all Canadians were a threat to American society so to prevent contact between America and Canada this rule was created? I don't know, just throwing wild guesses.

It is not the American side of the equation, its the Canadian that is causing the problem...so it would be the Canadians saying Americans were a threat to Canadian society....I blame Justin Trudeau

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The restriction appears to be in the other direction, though. American accounts aren't accessible in Canada. I'm far less familiar with Canadian banking regulations, so there may be a restriction held over from past practices that explains this.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't figure it out

It is not the American side of the equation, its the Canadian that is causing the problem...so it would be the Canadians saying Americans were a threat to Canadian society....I blame Justin Trudeau
The biggest thing I can see-when creating an account, there may be different regulations for how the data gained is kept, with Canada being stricter. So to the American govt, they're fine with you accessing a canadian account because they know it's stricter/more secure. To the Canadian govt, they don't want banks taking that risk if they feel the American regulations aren't up to par. Outside of that...no clue.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest thing I can see-when creating an account, there may be different regulations for how the data gained is kept, with Canada being stricter. So to the American govt, they're fine with you accessing a canadian account because they know it's stricter/more secure. To the Canadian govt, they don't want banks taking that risk if they feel the American regulations aren't up to par. Outside of that...no clue.
A mismatch in data regulations does seem a likely explanation.

Latest Discussions