Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Uncle's viewing and funeral is the end of next week, on Pennsylvania. I would like to go, but I cannot. I leave the state (because I work for the state), i come back and get quarantined, and my youngest gets quarantined and my wife might too. And I have to get my mother to her 2nd covid vaccine in one of those days.

Talking with my mother, who is not going due to the pandemic, she said something that made me think. She said "I'm the last one standing" That is when I realized not only were both her brothers gone, and my dad had passed away too. But al 9 on my father's sisters and brothers were also all gone.
I'm sorry, Xue. That's a lot to deal with.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Xue; it is a bad deal. My mom was the last of 13 siblings and went through similar feelings.
My wife found out today her 85 year old dad has cancer in a throat lymph node. A really weird thing is he has had the hiccups for 3 days and is exhausted from them.

Life is just a real bxzxh sometimes.
Ah geez sorry to hear that mate... not easy news.. thinkin of you guys

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Xue; it is a bad deal. My mom was the last of 13 siblings and went through similar feelings.
My wife found out today her 85 year old dad has cancer in a throat lymph node. A really weird thing is he has had the hiccups for 3 days and is exhausted from them.

Sorry to hear about this.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
upload_2021-3-16_12-39-46.png

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The knee....will not be a partial, if it is anything at all it will be a full. However this MD is not sure if I should have anything at all. Getting another MRI to check arthritis and going from there.
Whew, nothing consistent for you at all. Why does he think you should not have it?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Uncle's viewing and funeral is the end of next week, on Pennsylvania. I would like to go, but I cannot. I leave the state (because I work for the state), i come back and get quarantined, and my youngest gets quarantined and my wife might too. And I have to get my mother to her 2nd covid vaccine in one of those days.

Talking with my mother, who is not going due to the pandemic, she said something that made me think. She said "I'm the last one standing" That is when I realized not only were both her brothers gone, and my dad had passed away too. But al 9 on my father's sisters and brothers were also all gone.

For both of them, that must be rough. I can't imagine wanting to stay around after everyone else is gone.
Hoping your father-in-law is alright dv.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Whew, nothing consistent for you at all. Why does he think you should not have it?

Well, he thinks if I am gong to have anything at all it is a total, he does not feel a partial would work well based on how my knee looks in x-ray. He is fairly certain I will need to do this but it is elective surgery when it comes to knees an you're still walking. It comes down to a quality of life decision... that and when it comes to knees I'm a big pansy. So he wants to see another MRI, since I have not had one since the last surgery. He believes the arthritis has gotten worse, but an x-tray will not show that. So he wants the MRI and then we will discuss what to do next. If there is surgery, due to other commitments I have, it will likely be June and I will be out of work for 3 weeks at least.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For both of them, that must be rough. I can't imagine wanting to stay around after everyone else is gone.
Hoping your father-in-law is alright dv.
Thank you but the news we received this evening is not good. To do surgery they will have to remove his voice box. The radiation will burn him badly and will be on a feeding tube. Understandably he does not want to do that. I hope I have that kind of courage if I ever face a decision like that.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thank you but the news we received this evening is not good. To do surgery they will have to remove his voice box. The radiation will burn him badly and will be on a feeding tube. Understandably he does not want to do that. I hope I have that kind of courage if I ever face a decision like that.

Sorry to hear this, and my thoughts and prayers are with you

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The knee....will not be a partial, if it is anything at all it will be a full. However this MD is not sure if I should have anything at all. Getting another MRI to check arthritis and going from there.
What is a partial reconstruciton of the knee, anyway?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, man. I feel like I'd have to make the same decision in his place. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't you just hate it when your trying to enjoy your lazy Saturday, and somebody interrupts you and tells you its Wednesday. Some people.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

In my prayers, my brother.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Today was a good day at class. We got most of shushi no dai finished. It's a neat form. I like this one technique in the form where you fake a strike, and then strike with the other end of the bo.

Latest Discussions