Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
How does “with no real care” affect acidity? :D
Some drip machines do a really good job. I lucked out and found a $300 drip machine at the goodwill for $25. You just never really know. I like to his the thrift stores and such looking for cast iron skillets, and every once in a while, I find a nice coffee machine or some other treasure.

An older model of this guy right here. Still works like a champ, though I don't use it often:

91F1yUyKc2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
last night I realized that all the language learning programs have a huge gap.

Playing a video game with a relatively large block of Indonesian guys one fellow broke out google translate to give instruction. Sadly it would take a few rounds to get to the point you can say 'don't break the sheep'
the same goes for other niche markets. I was lucky that Hobbit could look at a knitting pattern for me, but since she doesn't do that, the lingo was a little weird to her)

So, for the day the motto is 'don't break the sheep!

Ya Sayang*
(according to translate)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
On a brighter note. I wanted to start drinking at 10AM....just one of them days.

Having a friend come over to help get the boat ready to go in the river.
Go pay the house

aaaaaannnnddddd the manure hits the fan

On the way to the bank, the truck gives me the middle finger.
it had been acting up, so I figured I'd take the quick trip to test and see.
So driving down the highway, trying to find some power so I can merge right to get to where I am going, I got
nothing.
the engine would not even rev.

So I turn around, and limp home.
right to the bottom of the hill I am living on.
Nuh-uh said the truck, which was basically moving at idle speed. So I back into a side street* and walk up the steep hill.
And I want ti just collapse as I get home.

Sooooo
I hop in the other car, in which the window does not work properly since the 'winter storm' (It froze shut and I ripped it off the track trying to open it at the drive through'
SO I carefully lower the window at home, drive to the bank, pay the house, etc, come home, the window is now suck stuck. Open, of course.

Friend arrives, and I run and scramble to find the tools we have not used in a year.
meanwhile husband made arrangements with the mechanic and AAA....so while they tend to the tire of the boat I tend to the tow truck.
Polite gent, calling me to inform me of his arrival.
And then he drives promptly past me (I did pull off the road, because, you know, traffic...)
He was a little defensive. but warmed up eventually. About10 minutes later (tops, really) the truck was on the road.

and we decided to postpone the trip to the river, as it was 2 by then.

So, I put the tools back up, the window is still down, the garage door up (but I can't park in there, because, who in their right mind parks their car in the garage, right!)

And by 3 my beer might be cold enough to be good
well, Budweiser anyhow....

and the Ibuprofene should be kicking in by then.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
On a brighter note. I wanted to start drinking at 10AM....just one of them days.

Having a friend come over to help get the boat ready to go in the river.
Go pay the house

aaaaaannnnddddd the manure hits the fan

On the way to the bank, the truck gives me the middle finger.
it had been acting up, so I figured I'd take the quick trip to test and see.
So driving down the highway, trying to find some power so I can merge right to get to where I am going, I got
nothing.
the engine would not even rev.

So I turn around, and limp home.
right to the bottom of the hill I am living on.
Nuh-uh said the truck, which was basically moving at idle speed. So I back into a side street* and walk up the steep hill.
And I want ti just collapse as I get home.

Sooooo
I hop in the other car, in which the window does not work properly since the 'winter storm' (It froze shut and I ripped it off the track trying to open it at the drive through'
SO I carefully lower the window at home, drive to the bank, pay the house, etc, come home, the window is now suck stuck. Open, of course.

Friend arrives, and I run and scramble to find the tools we have not used in a year.
meanwhile husband made arrangements with the mechanic and AAA....so while they tend to the tire of the boat I tend to the tow truck.
Polite gent, calling me to inform me of his arrival.
And then he drives promptly past me (I did pull off the road, because, you know, traffic...)
He was a little defensive. but warmed up eventually. About10 minutes later (tops, really) the truck was on the road.

and we decided to postpone the trip to the river, as it was 2 by then.

So, I put the tools back up, the window is still down, the garage door up (but I can't park in there, because, who in their right mind parks their car in the garage, right!)

And by 3 my beer might be cold enough to be good
well, Budweiser anyhow....

and the Ibuprofene should be kicking in by then.
Ah dang...! Now THAT is a rather doosy of a day :s.. hope you recover from that all okay!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Uncle's viewing and funeral is the end of next week, on Pennsylvania. I would like to go, but I cannot. I leave the state (because I work for the state), i come back and get quarantined, and my youngest gets quarantined and my wife might too. And I have to get my mother to her 2nd covid vaccine in one of those days.

Talking with my mother, who is not going due to the pandemic, she said something that made me think. She said "I'm the last one standing" That is when I realized not only were both her brothers gone, and my dad had passed away too. But al 9 on my father's sisters and brothers were also all gone.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Uncle's viewing and funeral is the end of next week, on Pennsylvania. I would like to go, but I cannot. I leave the state (because I work for the state), i come back and get quarantined, and my youngest gets quarantined and my wife might too. And I have to get my mother to her 2nd covid vaccine in one of those days.

Talking with my mother, who is not going due to the pandemic, she said something that made me think. She said "I'm the last one standing" That is when I realized not only were both her brothers gone, and my dad had passed away too. But al 9 on my father's sisters and brothers were also all gone.
Sorry to hear this Xue; it is a bad deal. My mom was the last of 13 siblings and went through similar feelings.
My wife found out today her 85 year old dad has cancer in a throat lymph node. A really weird thing is he has had the hiccups for 3 days and is exhausted from them.

Life is just a real bxzxh sometimes.

Latest Discussions