Last Poster #7

I'd been talking to my wife for a while about how she needs her own car, since she needed to borrow my car every night which was interfering with me meeting up with people and me training. She agreed. I told her pretty much that she could go for a used, new, whatever car she wanted if she was paying for it. If she needed me to pay for it, I'd buy her the cheapest method on wheels we could use to get around for now. She agreed.
We went to check out one used for 7k car, both got a sketchy vibe and decided not to continue with them. She asked if we could check out a dealership, I said sure, just know that you (she) don't have enough money in your (her) bank account for that. She agrees.

Well, an hour or two later she finds the perfect new car for her. Turns out she grabbed my checkbook before we left the house to look at the used car she apparently didn't plan to buy, and I'm on the hook for her new car. Its name is Aurora btw.

So much for my saved money. Luckily I'm starting my new job next week.
My wife asked me what the mileage was on my SUV, I told her, she said I had more mileage on my SUV than hers, her car is newer so that’s no surprise. She then said, I think I’ll get another car…. We are keeping my SUV… but then I knew that would be the result before the conversation even started

I need to replace at least part of my rolling stock.
Sister-in-law suggested (strongly) I'd check the Kia place out. She loves the warranty and their customer service.
I had considered calling them to buy a 2k clunker off their lot, site unseen, but alas.
But around 10k for a small car, not bad. I am considering.

Been thinking about a line from an Aerosmith song a lot today, from 'Get a grip'.... I believe it originally comes from Henry Ford.... but that matters little...

"Because if you do what you've always done. You'll always get what you always got"

I love that new potting soil stuff, that compacted brick of coconut fiber.
Now, I have no clue if it is any good for growing stuff, but pouring water over the pellets and watching them expand is oh so satisfying!
When the kids were little I would make them bath bombs with a little expandable toy in the middle. They loved it. There’s something about watching things like pellets expand that is very satisfying. 😅

Happy Leap year
Same to you as well.....
200w.gif

I have the strangest thing going on... so been having really bad stomach pains, pretty specific in the left side below the ribs (amongst other symptoms). Have had a history of reflux so thought that may be it... went to docs today and am on meds for it now.

But the strange thing... every time either I rub my left ankle or it gets rubbed on something, I feel the stomach pain instantaneously!! Have never had anything like this.. mentioned it to my doc and he couldn't figure it out... I thought initially it was cause I was crunching my body to rub my ankle, but nup, tested it out and it's just any time my ankle is rubbed.

Is there anything to that?? I was actually thinking it may be acupressure/meridian related but can't find anything... so very bizarre!

I have the strangest thing going on... so been having really bad stomach pains, pretty specific in the left side below the ribs (amongst other symptoms). Have had a history of reflux so thought that may be it... went to docs today and am on meds for it now.

But the strange thing... every time either I rub my left ankle or it gets rubbed on something, I feel the stomach pain instantaneously!! Have never had anything like this.. mentioned it to my doc and he couldn't figure it out... I thought initially it was cause I was crunching my body to rub my ankle, but nup, tested it out and it's just any time my ankle is rubbed.

Is there anything to that?? I was actually thinking it may be acupressure/meridian related but can't find anything... so very bizarre!
It’s know as referred sensation/pain. The pain receptors (nociceptors) of the skin of your left ankle and the the nociceptors of your ‘stomach’ are sharing a single projection neurone up the ‘substantial gelatinosa of Rolando’ (Rexed layer II) to the somatosensory cortex of your brain. As a consequence of this sharing of this projection neurone, you brain can’t tell if the action potentials are coming from the ankle or the stomach and has to guess and in you case says ‘stomach’! It’s usually the other way around and organ pain is often referred to the surface of the body (myocardial infarction pain is referred to the centre of the chest, down the left arm and sometimes up the throat/neck.)
367E806D-7C92-4104-95C0-50AD4A9BD432.jpeg

If you want to know why, it’s due to the original origins of various tissues until they were rearranged during embryological development.

Your pain referral is a bit ‘non-standard’ but that’s not unusual. If I tweak an area of skin on my lower back i get a sharp pain in the thenar webspace (skin between base of thumb and base of index finger)🤷🏾

The Thenar webspace in Japanese is called ‘boshi nitenkin’ 🤓

Ahhhh that felt like my good ol’ days of teaching neuroscience and anatomy! Any questions? This will be on the exam.

See a gastrologist

Well I certainly have no idea. Did you try rubbing some dirt in it?

Seriously, I hope it’s nothing serious.

This is absolutely no fault of anyone on MT, but for some reason I am finding all things web forum annoying at the moment, therefore I shall log off for a bit.... I think it is possibly the fact I had to go into the office, when I am supposed to be working from home. I planned on dealing with what I had to and going home...but then others did not show up of are allegedly coming in late and I am stuck... TTFN

Is it some kind of 'spoon in the coffee cup' eye pain?

It’s know as referred sensation/pain. The pain receptors (nociceptors) of the skin of your left ankle and the the nociceptors of your ‘stomach’ are sharing a single projection neurone up the ‘substantial gelatinosa of Rolando’ (Rexed layer II) to the somatosensory cortex of your brain. As a consequence of this sharing of this projection neurone, you brain can’t tell if the action potentials are coming from the ankle or the stomach and has to guess and in you case says ‘stomach’! It’s usually the other way around and organ pain is often referred to the surface of the body (myocardial infarction pain is referred to the centre of the chest, down the left arm and sometimes up the throat/neck.)
View attachment 30740
If you want to know why, it’s due to the original origins of various tissues until they were rearranged during embryological development.

Your pain referral is a bit ‘non-standard’ but that’s not unusual. If I tweak an area of skin on my lower back i get a sharp pain in the thenar webspace (skin between base of thumb and base of index finger)🤷🏾

Ahhhh that felt like my good ol’ days of teaching neuroscience and anatomy! Any questions? This will be on the exam.
Excellent description! I just love this post!

View attachment 30740

Ah that's very helpful, thanks a bunch!

Back