Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, the local firefighters got a workout today.
Who knew that you could not just call an ambulance to carry your butt home from the hospital when transport in a POV was not feasible.
A shoutout to the men from station 5 and 3.....I will need to go by Aldi for some thank-you shopping.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
the temps dropped like a rock today.
I brought my tender plants under roof. Sadly, my coffee treelings didn't survive my absence. Other than that the damages were minimal.
Maybe this cold snap gives me good blooms on my peach tree in spring.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Turn on TV, very first thing I see..... shooting at University of Virginia.... as my heart stopped.....spent the next 30 minutes not breathing and trying to contact the oldest....who goes to U of V...... he finally responded, he is ok.

I have not had this post event nervous, weak feeling since I left state security. It was the feeling I always got after dealing with a violent situation....never during, did not have that option, and nerves before ended as soon as I got involved.... always afterwards....

tkdroamer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Turn on TV, very first thing I see..... shooting at University of Virginia.... as my heart stopped.....spent the next 30 minutes not breathing and trying to contact the oldest....who goes to U of V...... he finally responded, he is ok.

I have not had this post event nervous, weak feeling since I left state security. It was the feeling I always got after dealing with a violent situation....never during, did not have that option, and nerves before ended as soon as I got involved.... always afterwards....
Glad you family is okay. My prayers to the families involved.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Oh ****. I’m sorry and very glad to hear your kid is okay.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Oh, man. Sorry you had to go through that, and glad he's okay. Knowing someone you love is in danger and being able to do nothing at all about it is quite possibly the worst feeling in the world.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never forget Charlottesville.

I really hope this isn't connected to 2017, but I'm wrong a lot.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sorry your family went through this, and I am glad your daughter is ok.
We beat it into our kids before they went off to college that we'd be expecting rapid contact in case of any big events. The cops in our family still send us a text almost immediately if there's any kind of officer involved shooting or such on their watch. We generally know well before the news. But it helps to know they're ok when it does come on the news.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry your family went through this, and I am glad your daughter is ok.
We beat it into our kids before they went off to college that we'd be expecting rapid contact in case of any big events. The cops in our family still send us a text almost immediately if there's any kind of officer involved shooting or such on their watch. We generally know well before the news. But it helps to know they're ok when it does come on the news.

thank you, the daughter is the youngest and still at home, and she is ok....the one in U of V is the boy... he didn't even know anything had happened until I ask him if he was ok.... he lives off campus.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thank you, the daughter is the youngest and still at home, and she is ok....the one in U of V is the boy... he didn't even know anything had happened until I ask him if he was ok.... he lives off campus.
He likely had a similar heart-stopping moment when you told him.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'm so sorry Xue... that's so frightening.. 😞 glad they're okay

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never forget Charlottesville.

I really hope this isn't connected to 2017, but I'm wrong a lot.
It's not. No inside details, but just with what's been released... There's more to the story as well as a history of mental illness.

Latest Discussions