Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was feeling a bit nostalgic this morning when I came across a post from a member whose posts I enjoyed, who has not been here in a while. Went to his webpage and found it had not been touched in 2 years. Feeling a bit concerned, due to MT members of the past that have actually past, I looked further. Did not know this, but he is one of the Council of Elders of the Dog Brothers, as well as one of the Original Dog Brothers.

I have been missing an online friend since about March.
Numerous messages have gone unanswered.
All we can do is pray they are well, just busy with real life.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And one more thing.... hurt my shoulder. My wife is treating me with acupuncture and of course lectures about over doing it at my age..... apparently I always do that, or so I'm told...constantly....with needles in my shoulder....

Don't tell her ;) but I think she is right. I think I over did the shoulder exercises.... I guess I have to except that I am not some young 30 year old whipper snapper anymore.....or for that matter and 40 or 50 year old whipper snapper anymore......Can still do taijiquan, my leg/knee exercises and a slowed down siu lim tao

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Saw Grease on the big screen on Saturday. They were showing it for $5 per ticket, with $1 from every ticket going to breast cancer research. Such corny fun. I'd forgotten how cheesy it is, but we had a great time.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Most of Maui has no power for the last five hours. Texting works, but cell phones can’t call.

I’m forced to take the day off from doing nothing.

Oh, the humanity
Hope your power comes back on soon. Hard to watch movies without electricity. 😅

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Most of Maui has no power for the last five hours. Texting works, but cell phones can’t call.

I’m forced to take the day off from doing nothing.

Oh, the humanity

Had a very ex-brother-in-law that use to live on Maui.... beautiful island.... however he never saw much of it. His days there consisted or work and golfing..that is all

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I go to the beach every five years or so. Just to remind myself not to go to the beach.

Same reason my friends and I take the Road to Hana every ten years. To remind ourselves never to do it again. Then we forget. Must be something in the air. :)

I do the same thing with Connecticut...go there every ten years to remind myself why I haven't gone there in 10 years

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I go to the beach every five years or so. Just to remind myself not to go to the beach.

Same reason my friends and I take the Road to Hana every ten years. To remind ourselves never to do it again. Then we forget. Must be something in the air. :)
I have some things like that. Where as I’m doing them, I’m like, “oh yeah. Now I remember why I don’t do this more often.”

Making beer. I used to be really into home brewing. But I realized one day it’s a huge pain in the *** and I can buy really good beer everywhere. So I sold all my gear. 15 years later, I bought some basic gear and did a simple, extract brew and it all came back to me. 😅

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is Connecticut a real place? I mean, I thought it was make believe. Like Delaware.
Connecticut, to me, is an odd place. it's almost like they try to make it boring. Fought there a zillion times back in the day, though.

I don't know if it still is, but it used to be the Insurance company center of the country.
No wonder it's so exciting.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Connecticut, to me, is an odd place. it's almost like they try to make it boring. Fought there a zillion times back in the day, though.

I don't know if it still is, but it used to be the Insurance company center of the country.
No wonder it's so exciting.
I always thought Connecticut was a giant insurance company and Delaware a big bank. 😂

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have some things like that. Where as I’m doing them, I’m like, “oh yeah. Now I remember why I don’t do this more often.”

Making beer. I used to be really into home brewing. But I realized one day it’s a huge pain in the *** and I can buy really good beer everywhere. So I sold all my gear. 15 years later, I bought some basic gear and did a simple, extract brew and it all came back to me. 😅
eah, NOW you can buy good beer everywhere.
It's been not that long when all you could get was dishwater and dishwater with a different label.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
eah, NOW you can buy good beer everywhere.
It's been not that long when all you could get was dishwater and dishwater with a different label.
That’s what got me into it in the first place back in the late 90s. There were some microbrews around but not many.

Latest Discussions