Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I

There was long time when I was really into air cooled VWs. I still really like them, but don't have the time to work on them like I used to. But I've had many, including a few that were modded pretty heavily. Back in the early 90s, I drove a '74 beetle that was a cool British Racing Green. Had a 2100 cc Porsche engine in it with dual carbs and a killer, stinger exhaust. It was fast and fun to drive, but my favorite was a stock, '67 Karmann Ghia. That thing was so slow, I had to go up the hills around here in second gear. But man, I loved that car.
At one of the places I worked, I was the guy that did VW Beetle exhaust systems. Everyone was afraid of them.... I never told them how easy they were to replace. And my last job as a mechanic I was a VW mechanic.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
April 28, 2022.... its 36F degrees with a windchill of 29F.... welcome to spring in real upstate NYS
Been a colder than normal April overall for us, too, though yesterday turned out to be quite nice. later in the afternoon, the sun came out and must have been in the mid 50s.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
been chilly here, too, but well above freezing.
I should have zipped my little greenhouse up though.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Been a colder than normal April overall for us, too, though yesterday turned out to be quite nice. later in the afternoon, the sun came out and must have been in the mid 50s.

We are supposed to be in the 50s by the afternoon, currently 42, still windy..... but it is back to the mid 30s tonight

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is currently 74 degrees in my shed....sun is down, and the windows are open (temp check before the chicks get bought)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
my shed said 66 this morning. so I guess I really should put a heater in there for baby chicks.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmm
closed the shed windows this morning in anticipation of a deluge....
we got an IOU....
a little drizzle a little rumbling, nothing major.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearing about evacuations in Las Vegas due to a wild fire. Hope everyone in that area is safe!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Its raining today.... you know what that means.... I don't have to water the grass seed I put down yesterday.... and that means....even the almighty doesn't want me to do yard work

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I am not a vegan, but I found a recipe for vegan banana pancakes that I wanted to try, so I tried them for lunch today. They were rather good, and I ate them plain. No syrup or butter

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested

Fluffy Vegan Banana Pancakes

I did however have to add an extra 1/2 cup of soy milk. They were to thick for me otherwise

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
All kinds of drama right now at the lake. Geese beating the snot out of ducks. Kestrels trying to eat goslings. Crows ganging up on the kestrels... and bald eagles. Meanwhile, frogs are just getting fatter and fatter.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
All kinds of drama right now at the lake. Geese beating the snot out of ducks. Kestrels trying to eat goslings. Crows ganging up on the kestrels... and bald eagles. Meanwhile, frogs are just getting fatter and fatter.
Just another day at the lake....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Sounds like you have your own version of Alfred Hitchcock's the Birds going on there

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
The visuals I had of this very much resembled a Looney Tunes skit 🤣

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The visuals I had of this very much resembled a Looney Tunes skit 🤣
Feels a little like it. We have a bunch of ducks, but one Muscovy duck who is just a huge dope. He’s the one that was like, “oh, your goslings are so cute! Can I…. Oh! Oh Why??!?? WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY??!!”

Latest Discussions