Last Poster #7

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not by me...at least not yet....I take shunning very seriously....took @Dirty Dog YEARS to get shunned..... however the whole Cream Cheese thing...came awful darn close
If you ask him nice, rather than shunning him, he just might send you some...

I can see it now... The Cream Cheese Connection. Underground transportation of cream cheese from Washington to New York...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I can see it now... The Cream Cheese Connection. Underground transportation of cream cheese from Washington to New York...
I did just buy some more. ;)
11EB9F42-2EB8-4969-A6C0-AACCE2378A6A.jpeg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

You can't ask someone who is hoarding nicely....because that would defeat the purpose of blaming them for our cream cheese shortage problem in the first place.......it's their fault and if they actually sent us some...then it would not be there fault and we would need to look for someone else to blame..... you see...it's just easier this way for everybody....dang Washington state Cream Cheese HOARDERS!!!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Difference between a PA and an MD, at least my ortho PA and ortho MD/Surgeon

PA, my knee is 6 months after surgery and the flexibility is not what t should be at 110 degrees. I may need another manipulation.
As I was leaving office I ran into my MD
MD, what's your range, I say 110 degrees, he says that's good, most are only at 100. Here's what you do. 5 minutes on reclining bike then move it in one step, 5 minutes more then move in one more step, 5 minutes more. But don't get upset if 10 minutes it rough, or you can't finish it the first time....you'll get your range back....other than that you're good

I have a follow up scheduled with the PA, I think I will see if I can change that to th MD

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Difference between a PA and an MD, at least my ortho PA and ortho MD/Surgeon

PA, my knee is 6 months after surgery and the flexibility is not what t should be at 110 degrees. I may need another manipulation.
As I was leaving office I ran into my MD
MD, what's your range, I say 110 degrees, he says that's good, most are only at 100. Here's what you do. 5 minutes on reclining bike then move it in one step, 5 minutes more then move in one more step, 5 minutes more. But don't get upset if 10 minutes it rough, or you can't finish it the first time....you'll get your range back....other than that you're good

I have a follow up scheduled with the PA, I think I will see if I can change that to th MD

Sounds like a good idea.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tonight, I got 8 stitches from a dermal avulsion, and a Tetanus vaccine, instead of my scheduled corona booster.

I'm a little tender right now. According to my doctor, I can't do kung fu for about two months, which is also the plot of Chinese Superninjas.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tonight, I got 8 stitches from a dermal avulsion, and a Tetanus vaccine, instead of my scheduled corona booster.

I'm a little tender right now. According to my doctor, I can't do kung fu for about two months, which is also the plot of Chinese Superninjas.

Couldn't you just say "I cut myself"? :)
Sounds so serious the other way. I hope all is well.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be participating in the second annual Raiding Against Cancer live stream event on Saturday and Sunday. The event runs 10A-10A, and will feature a wide range of streamers and games. All proceeds benefit the American Cancer Society.

I'll be streaming at least 4 hours of content, and hosting another 4 hours.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Couldn't you just say "I cut myself"? :)
Sounds so serious the other way. I hope all is well.
I'm just quoting the first doctor who looked at the inside of my knee and said "that's a dermal avulsion, it needs suturing".

Thanks, I'm fine, just a little annoying that I can't do much kung fu below the waist for a bit. It's arm day for me. Not like I don't need it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm just quoting the first doctor who looked at the inside of my knee and said "that's a dermal avulsion, it needs suturing".

Thanks, I'm fine, just a little annoying that I can't do much kung fu below the waist for a bit. It's arm day for me. Not like I don't need it.
I have no medical expertise at all, but I have had a lot of stitches. I thought if it could be stitched up, it isn't an avulsion... because the avulsion is when meat is gone. I know that the "avulsions" resulted in some gnarly scars.

Anyway, regardless of whether it's a cut or anything else, I hope it heals up well.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have no medical expertise at all, but I have had a lot of stitches. I thought if it could be stitched up, it isn't an avulsion... because the avulsion is when meat is gone. I know that the "avulsions" resulted in some gnarly scars.

Anyway, regardless of whether it's a cut or anything else, I hope it heals up well.
The meat was still attached, which is apparently the bare minimum required for stitching back on.

I wish I could say the injury occurred from some epic battle. Nope, I was just trying to close a window in a dark, cluttered room, and nailed my knee to a bass drum claw hook.

2 doubles, 4 singles, and a dose of TT later...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The meat was still attached, which is apparently the bare minimum required for stitching back on.

I wish I could say the injury occurred from some epic battle. Nope, I was just trying to close a window in a dark, cluttered room, and nailed my knee to a bass drum claw hook.

I am sure you can embellish the story!

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK.

Only 3 days in from the Tetanus vaccine, and I reschedule my Covid booster for tomorrow.

Against doctor's recommendation, because I'm a rebel just for kicks.
Why would your doctor recommend different?
You could have gotten them both the same day. There isn't any evidence to suggest otherwise.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
interesting. I'm currently connected remotely to my work computer, which is about 20 miles away and i have that connected remotely to a PC I am working on that is 300 miles away from my work PC

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

When I was a kid in Louisiana, we lived in a neighborhood where there were a lot of foundations poured, and plumbing and pipes installed below the foundation, but not really well terminated above. This was during a pretty bad economic downturn in that area, and so the houses didn't get built for years. Those were AWESOME places to ride your bike and skid around in the puddles. I ended up crashing, and put my hand out to catch myself, right on an exposed pipe. I lost meat on that one... have a really gnarly scar on the meaty part of my palm. I remember because it was the one time I got taken to the ER and they DIDN'T stitch me up. I must have been 7 or so at the time, but I still have a good scar from it, about 2 inches long and maybe 1/2 inch wide... in a circle that is roughly "pipe" shaped. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
glad that appear to be over...for the moment

Been dealing with the same OCD, needs hand holding, but yet still knows everything user since Wednesday night at 11:00pm.
Still has not answered my questions, still having issues, and still sending me emails with the issues, even throwing in new and different issues...but still no answers

This guy once spent more than half a day sending me copious emails with comparisons to every single PC in his area to his based on the clock in the bottom left of the screen. His appeared to be 5 minutes off. It did not effect anything on his PC, the time is set by a server, he would not do what I told him and just sent me email after email of the time on one PC and the time on his PC.... I eventually just stopped answering his emails,,,

and still no answers by the way

Latest Discussions