Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just a thought... but are you sure what's happening is purely physical?

Yup, just got my results back from all the testing...don't know exactly what they found, I can't understand what the report is saying exactly, but I know I need to pick up a script that indicated an illness associated with a tick bite. Waiting for a call back from the MD so he can explain what is going on.

Joint pain, headaches, lack of energy, and at times I feel like I'm narcoleptic.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, just got my results back from all the testing...don't know exactly what they found, I can't understand what the report is saying exactly, but I know I need to pick up a script that indicated an illness associated with a tick bite. Waiting for a call back from the MD so he can explain what is going on.

Joint pain, headaches, lack of energy, and at times I feel like I'm narcoleptic.
Yeah, that sounds consistent with something like Lyme. Hope the meds help, man.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever thanks to a tick bite

And apparently I have also been exposed to Mononucleosis too. No longer contagious, but going to cause me problems for a while.
UGH. Well, hope it starts getting better, brother. I had mono in college, and literally do not remember much of a week or two of my life (can't even remember whether it was one week or two).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever thanks to a tick bite

And apparently I have also been exposed to Mononucleosis too. No longer contagious, but going to cause me problems for a while.
Mono sucks.
Had it a while back - and apparently it's like chicken pox, once you have it, you might get a return visit, later on in life. - and I was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, wondering if I was depressed, or what, because the thought of getting up took too much energy. (I had Vit D deficiency to go along with it, also a source of joint pain)

And for the life of me, I don't recall anything that should have given me Mono....I certainly didn't do any kind of kissing!
At least you won't have a problem with the red meat allergy that's also transmitted via tick bite.

Rest up, don't force things!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The mono is not that big a deal at this point, apparently I'm through it..... I was exposed to it, never got that sick, not sure where I was exposed to it, but I still have some residual from it. The Rocky Mountain Spotted fever however is potentially fatal if left untreated...so I will pick up the meds after work and start taking them

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
UGH. Well, hope it starts getting better, brother. I had mono in college, and literally do not remember much of a week or two of my life (can't even remember whether it was one week or two).

Had a stomach infection and later food poisoning... there are times during that I do not remember, some I wish I didn't remember...those two...and an infection of the fluid around my lungs once left me with this thought....I was so sick I was both afraid I was going to die....as well as afraid I would not die

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm starting to look at some tournaments, trying to figure which ones I could manage without having to alter my training much (I don't want to spend much time training for rulesets). Might as well get started before I turn 50.
<looks at the watch> You might want to get a move on.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah bless his cotton socks! Good on him!
He DOES wear cotton socks - at least to POUND! Seriously, this dude is tough. What he does in class, and the setting can't be easy. Especially when he falls behind and he sees a bunch of girls around him keeping up without any trouble. But he is doing so much better! I made a point to tell him his improvement was noticeable.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The mono is not that big a deal at this point, apparently I'm through it..... I was exposed to it, never got that sick, not sure where I was exposed to it, but I still have some residual from it. The Rocky Mountain Spotted fever however is potentially fatal if left untreated...so I will pick up the meds after work and start taking them
Rocky Mountain Spotted fever? Is that in any way related to Rocky Horror Picture show? Or to the British dessert called "spotted dick"?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
v4CRW.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Rocky Mountain Spotted fever? Is that in any way related to Rocky Horror Picture show? Or to the British dessert called "spotted dick"?

No...most definitely NOT related to the Rocky horror picture show..... However I think if left untreated I will develop a urge to wear clothes with Polka dots and run off to the Rockies to wrestle Grizzly bears...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
@Xue, please take care of yourself, buddy. All good thoughts to you.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
And THAT should be the carpeting in every marijuana dispensary in the nation.
Wouldn't that be AWESOME? Actually, I've seen a similar photo - but the carpet is purple lines against black, and it's in a corridor of a hotel. Do NOT use the bar at that hotel. With that carpet, you'll never get to your room after a few drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions