Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I rescheduled the dentist, I did not think she would appreciate my "addition" to the appointment when she made me bite that medicated thing. And the urgent care folks put me in a splint and told me to use a cane for a few days. Apparently I managed to give myself a bad sprain. Not exactly sure when, possibly last week. I think I may have twisted my ankle when I was out for a walk. Problem is I don't feel any pain when I twist my ankle so I can't be certain as to when I actually did it. And the weekends Yard work just made things worse.

Thanks

Well the ankle is a bad sprain and still waiting for results from the blood work. But I will admit I am feeling a bit better knowing the ankle is not broken

Good call rescheduling. And youch, hope your ankle heals up. I also have a sprained ankle, but this was from a tournament 4 weeks ago, still hasn't healed!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
At least we won't have to do this one.
Yikes... do people ever get sick/bad colds after the Tough Mudder events? I wonder how the body can take the extremeness of the full runs! I guess people train for it, and gradings can be same-same but different..

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes... do people ever get sick/bad colds after the Tough Mudder events? I wonder how the body can take the extremeness of the full runs! I guess people train for it, and gradings can be same-same but different..
You'd be surprised. While there are definitely some fine athletes there, I'm not among them (I can't run 10 miles without stopping - not even close, let alone with all the added obstacles). And I'm far from the least fit person participating.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah yep, I was a bit of a wreck at times yesterday, emotional about leaving, but I'm sure we both know it was for the best and out of a certainty in our decision :)
Loved the few people still left from when I started, hated what the place had become.
Not missing it.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I actually usually get a nice buzz from these things. And that's saying something - my immune system is rotten and I am not athletic by any stretch. Something about all that adrenaline and endorphins I guess. @gpseymour got me into this. I did my first Warrior Dash while recovering from a summer flu. DURING the dash I thought I was going to die - but once I was done, it was the greatest feeling in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions