Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough day yesterday. The feral cat that adopted us a couple months ago got shot with a pellet gun in the face. My wife cleaned the wound, washed all the blood off her and has been tending her back to health. She's been resting comfortably on the porch, getting plenty love from the both of us.
Poor thing. I hope she's doing okay.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news!

So, didnt share this part of it, but monday i had to go for a second mri with contrast. Was told i had a cyst in my brain, but not much more than that. Yesterday, i recieved three missed calls and voicemails, informing me that I have to come in, and they squeezed me in for an appointment today.

Naturally, the 3 missed calls and forced appointment made me concerned. But met with my doc today, and it turns out the concern was needless. I have a cyst which is benign, not causing my symptoms (he expects my symptoms are a result of eating/sleeping habits), and likely not an issue on the long run. Hopefully they're right, and as i improve my lifestyle choices my symptoms go away
That's great news, man! And now you have real evidence there's still something in your head. :p

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tough day yesterday. The feral cat that adopted us a couple months ago got shot with a pellet gun in the face. My wife cleaned the wound, washed all the blood off her and has been tending her back to health. She's been resting comfortably on the porch, getting plenty love from the both of us.
Oh no... hope you're new housemate recovers well, can imagine how loved she is!!!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good news!

So, didnt share this part of it, but monday i had to go for a second mri with contrast. Was told i had a cyst in my brain, but not much more than that. Yesterday, i recieved three missed calls and voicemails, informing me that I have to come in, and they squeezed me in for an appointment today.

Naturally, the 3 missed calls and forced appointment made me concerned. But met with my doc today, and it turns out the concern was needless. I have a cyst which is benign, not causing my symptoms (he expects my symptoms are a result of eating/sleeping habits), and likely not an issue on the long run. Hopefully they're right, and as i improve my lifestyle choices my symptoms go away
So so so cool, that's awesome news, super happy for ya :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
WHO would do such a thing? What a despicable bastard! I hope the kitty gets better.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good news!

So glad to hear it.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
On day 3 of a particularly gnarly sinus infection. Trying to keep moving. Did a zumba routine I concocted to "Believer" by "Imagine dragons" and a POUND routine to "This is the greatest show". My balance is in the toilet. Not a good feeling.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It is interesting when someone has an IT problem and someone in IT tries to help them, even though it is not really their area if IT. And then they spend hours checking, researching, trying to fix it...only to not fix it at all. Then, they come find me, ask me to look at it, 15 minutes it is all better. I cannot figure out why some look for the most complicated possible reason for a problem, when all it takes is a simple fix.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tunnel vision.
It is interesting when someone has an IT problem and someone in IT tries to help them, even though it is not really their area if IT. And then they spend hours checking, researching, trying to fix it...only to not fix it at all. Then, they come find me, ask me to look at it, 15 minutes it is all better. I cannot figure out why some look for the most complicated possible reason for a problem, when all it takes is a simple fix.
Tunnel vision. I can remember several times banging my head trying to diagnose a control issue and then someone walks up and immediately sees the problem. It happens to the best of us.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ding Dang knee has not yet fully recovered. Still can't walk down the stairs normally. I am beginning to wonder it Bagua mud stepping would help. I think I will give it a try this weekend and see how it feels on Monday

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My belly dance instructor shared this. Unbelievable. I bet this guy hadn't had a slipped disk in his life. What's interesting is, look how similar some of his stances are to therapeutic tai chi, more advanced yoga, and other "softer" arts I am not familiar with but have seen poses from. And, as in martial arts training, what we observe here is perfect control - he knows exactly where each muscle group is and what it's doing, he knows exactly where his weight is, he transitions impeccably.

In belly dancing, the hip movements (the horizontal hip slides, the hip rolls, and all five or six hip shimmies) are not done from the legs. The hip is lifted up by your obliques. You are supposed to be able lift and lower your hip while standing on the other foot. So, when you see him do the hip shimmy, that means his weight is transitioning from one foot to the other THAT QUICKLY.

As for the one-minute twirl - I don't even know how he does that without throwing up. How does he spot with his head lifted up. Flipping amazing!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My belly dance instructor shared this. Unbelievable. I bet this guy hadn't had a slipped disk in his life. What's interesting is, look how similar some of his stances are to therapeutic tai chi, more advanced yoga, and other "softer" arts I am not familiar with but have seen poses from. And, as in martial arts training, what we observe here is perfect control - he knows exactly where each muscle group is and what it's doing, he knows exactly where his weight is, he transitions impeccably.

In belly dancing, the hip movements (the horizontal hip slides, the hip rolls, and all five or six hip shimmies) are not done from the legs. The hip is lifted up by your obliques. You are supposed to be able lift and lower your hip while standing on the other foot. So, when you see him do the hip shimmy, that means his weight is transitioning from one foot to the other THAT QUICKLY.

As for the one-minute twirl - I don't even know how he does that without throwing up. How does he spot with his head lifted up. Flipping amazing!
He does have a nice hip shimmy....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
He does have a nice hip shimmy....
He does several - I love how he sneaks in the three-quarter shimmy like it's nothing... you know... just an afterthought. It's ONLY the hardest of the hip shimmies that takes months of hard practice to get down.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tunnel vision.

Tunnel vision. I can remember several times banging my head trying to diagnose a control issue and then someone walks up and immediately sees the problem. It happens to the best of us.
Sometimes, also, what I call "tool blindness". Easiest example... spent a day and a half trying to catch the Quartermaster at camp last summer to borrow a saw to finish a project. We had 3 bow saws in our site... but bow saws are for trees, not lumber, right?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He does several - I love how he sneaks in the three-quarter shimmy like it's nothing... you know... just an afterthought. It's ONLY the hardest of the hip shimmies that takes months of hard practice to get down.
I am looking at it more from the perspective of the diwan, with a hooka in one hand, and a pomegranate in the other....or was that a jug of wine? :cat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions