Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It was lazy writing, what Roger Ebert would call an idiot plot, and seriously bad choices with the characters. I mean, there were some things that were essential to the plot, that you had to accept in order for anything to make sense, that is either inconsistent with what we know about humans, what we know from within the MCU, or what we know from within the movie. What I mean is, while this is fantasy, they have established some rules. Things work in a certain way. I'm not going to lose sleep over some ret-conning stuff here and there, but there were some really fundamental aspects of how the infinity stones behave that were disregarded. There were also plot points within this movie, which they took care to explain, which they then casually disregarded in the finale.

I don't want to post any spoilers, but this movie failed for me on just about every level. It's like maybe better than the Hulk, but not by much.
going against lore?
Ignorant dwerps.

Kind of like some fundamental lore aspects that were thrown out in the Warcraft movie.
Good movie, but dammit, some things changed were elemental in the character development of the major players!
But hmmmmm Trevor Fimmel.....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
DANG IT!!!! I have been in Montreal for 2 days, I'm leaving tomorrow and I just remembered.... Hai Yang's school is here.... and looking at a map, I walked rather near it yesterday and today....well... missed a possible opportunity there.....

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that the folks in Toronto are a bit nicer than those in Montreal. Not that the folks in Montreal are rude, just that it seemed that there was an awful lot more unsolicited assistance offered in Toronto than is in Montreal, and I was bumped into more in Montreal by folks forcing their way by with nothing said as they forced their way through, that did not happen at all in Toronto, which is 1,000,000 people bigger than Montreal. However if I were to compare it to NYC, Montreal is the friendliest place on earth
Well yea but isn't Toronto much bigger?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well yea but isn't Toronto much bigger?

Not much, only by 1,000,000 people :D

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the folks in Montreal are nasty, mean and rude, because they are not. It is a rather nice city for a city as big as it is (8th largest in North America) it is just based on my little exposure to both Toronto and Montreal, Toronto seems a little bit nicer. Of course if I were to spend any large amount of time in both cites my opinion might change.

However with that said, of all the cities I have been in based on the people being nice and polite. Toronto would be #1, Montreal would be #2.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not much, only by 1,000,000 people :D

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the folks in Montreal are nasty, mean and rude, because they are not. It is a rather nice city for a city as big as it is (8th largest in North America) it is just based on my little exposure to both Toronto and Montreal, Toronto seems a little bit nicer. Of course if I were to spend any large amount of time in both cites my opinion might change.

However with that said, of all the cities I have been in based on the people being nice and polite. Toronto would be #1, Montreal would be #2.
I mean by area. Toronto is a good bit larger but with much less highway input. Less of a city environment.
I flew into Toronto Pearson International I don't know how many times(100's) and traveled in and around Mississuagua for work. It is a nice area but from my perspective it was CROWDED. Surprisingly ethnic. The facilities I traveled to each had as many as nine different languages spoken by workers. Montreal has much more highway system that could add to the hustle and bustle. So I am sure Montreal would be Crazy to me.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Saw avengers endgame. Was really looking forward to it. Did not like it. Very bummed.
Really? I heard lots of good things about it. It's a moot issue anyway, since we are like four movies behind and probably won't see it until it becomes available on Netlix.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait... did I say I liked John Carter? I liked the books, but I'm not sure I've ever seen the movie. That said, I'm glad it's you. ;)

Seriously, though, this was not a great movie. Going to make a lot of dough, though.
They made a movie? I loved that series, will have to check it out

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I mean by area. Toronto is a good bit larger but with much less highway input. Less of a city environment.
I flew into Toronto Pearson International I don't know how many times(100's) and traveled in and around Mississuagua for work. It is a nice area but from my perspective it was CROWDED. Surprisingly ethnic. The facilities I traveled to each had as many as nine different languages spoken by workers. Montreal has much more highway system that could add to the hustle and bustle. So I am sure Montreal would be Crazy to me.

I did not find either city crazy. And I drove to both. But Toronto has wider streets, that is no doubt. Montreal streets are more like Manhattan, smaller. And both have a rather extensive highway system from what I can tell. Based on Driving in,it seems that Toronto's is a bit more extensive, but then it is bigger

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I did not find either city crazy. And I drove to both. But Toronto has wider streets, that is no doubt. Montreal streets are more like Manhattan, smaller. And both have a rather extensive highway system from what I can tell. Based on Driving in,it seems that Toronto's is a bit more extensive, but then it is bigger
Look at a Google map and you will see that Montreal has much more road system and it is quite compacted, especially in and around the St. Lawrence river.
I do like how they do the interstate system where the bypass runs parallel with the rest of the system. You just have to learn when you need to be on the interstate or bypass or you will miss your exit.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Really? I heard lots of good things about it. It's a moot issue anyway, since we are like four movies behind and probably won't see it until it becomes available on Netlix.
yeah. I'm definitely out of sync. But I think my criticisms are pretty reasonable. My theory is that people were so hyped, they'd forgive just about anything.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am curious. What other streaming service other than Netflix do you/have you used. How do you rate them?
We have had Netflix for a while and haven't cut the cable yet. Since there is only one cable provider (Comcast/Xfinity)in our town for internet service, it is not an easy thing to do. And with the way they bundle their offerings we can get a decent number of HD channels for an acceptable price. They have us by the short hairs with the internet monopoly.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am curious. What other streaming service other than Netflix do you/have you used. How do you rate them?
We have had Netflix for a while and haven't cut the cable yet. Since there is only one cable provider (Comcast/Xfinity)in our town for internet service, it is not an easy thing to do. And with the way they bundle their offerings we can get a decent number of HD channels for an acceptable price. They have us by the short hairs with the internet monopoly.
We haven't tried anything else - just Netflix. We haven't got cable - it's too cost prohibitive to pull it all the way up the mountain where we live.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We haven't tried anything else - just Netflix. We haven't got cable - it's too cost prohibitive to pull it all the way up the mountain where we live.
We have the same problem as one of our farms. Comcast said it would cost north of $10,000 to run cable down the 1/4 mile drive. And they say there are no "certified" contractors that could do the job. Being an EE that if very frustrating. I wasted the time so set down and designed the run based on signal drop, distance, environment, etc... Presented it to one of their installation engineers and he said (I'm, paraphrasing) "yep, that would be a very good install design, but I cannot approve it." We do not have the manpower to be on site to sign-off on the work. Very frustrating.
I really need to get practical surveillance system on the farm. I have several trail cams but they are hassle because someone has to pull the SIM cards , change batteries, and review the imagery. We have never had anything stolen but even with all the signage at the head of the drive we occasionally get the curious and lost. If I can get a functional surveillance system with remote access I could also reduce my labor costs at that farm. I am seriously considering fencing at the road and gating the drive. But this creates a moderate problem for haying and there would still be Many points of access from the adjoining fence lines.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know, I have been reading posts on a few forums this morning and I have to admit, some of it is my fault, but I am ready to respond to those that are my fault and those that are not with....."Does it really freaking matter"

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know, I have been reading posts on a few forums this morning and I have to admit, some of it is my fault, but I am ready to respond to those that are my fault and those that are not with....."Does it really freaking matter"
Monday, already

Status
Not open for further replies.