Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just remembered what it was that got my laptop back then. It was a Trojan Horse from Russia. Whatever the hell that is. I get the concept, but that's about it.

Wouldn't you just love to get one of these virus suckers in person and go all Martial Arts on them?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I just remembered what it was that got my laptop back then. It was a Trojan Horse from Russia. Whatever the hell that is. I get the concept, but that's about it.

Wouldn't you just love to get one of these virus suckers in person and go all Martial Arts on them?

Way back in the days of a virus called magister I was very impressed with how it worked and what it did.....I told many people that I want to meet the guy that wrote this virus and shake his hand.....then I want to beat the hell out of him

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good news: Cables working. Bad news: this marks day 5 with no heat. Worse news: As a result, I am sick, had to call out of work today.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news: Cables working. Bad news: this marks day 5 with no heat. Worse news: As a result, I am sick, had to call out of work today.
Sorry to hear that, man. We are lucky that we have our wood burning stove to fall back on if the heat goes out.

At least you can watch TV while you're sick.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That really stinks... you able to use a kerosene heater or anything?
I'm currently using a space heater that successful heats one room in my house. The issue is none of us want to go out and buy anything, because each day it's either fixed and breaks again at around 8PM, or the guy spends all day working on it only to tell us around 8-9 that it won't be fixed that night.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody near the Columbia, MD area? I'm going to be there for a couple of nights at the end of January.
You're not going to be terribly far away from me... I'm in Northern Virginia.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why is Windows so popular? Is it because people are used to it?

Marketing, corporate deals and subsequent market penetration.

Windows is crap, but it's everywhere. And it's bundled so it appears cheap.

Betamax was technically better than VHS, but think about which one won and why - same thing.

But it's not universal - android is a Linux derivative and it beats the hell out of windows phone in every conceivable way, including number of users.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know...I've been working on this same stupid laptop all day (actually for 2 days)..... I have made some headway...but it fights me on every single things...so without further adieu

tenor.gif

I am outta here

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
so without further adieu

Please read this as it's meant - helpfully...

The saying is "without further ado" - because "ado" means "fuss", so it's like "without any more messing about".

Adieu means goodbye, so you've effectively said "without further goodbye".

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm currently using a space heater that successful heats one room in my house. The issue is none of us want to go out and buy anything, because each day it's either fixed and breaks again at around 8PM, or the guy spends all day working on it only to tell us around 8-9 that it won't be fixed that night.
What the heck, man? That's brutal this time of year. We have a kerosene heater that will keep a good part of the downstairs warm. They're really quite safe, provided you aren't using old kerosene.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What the heck, man? That's brutal this time of year. We have a kerosene heater that will keep a good part of the downstairs warm. They're really quite safe, provided you aren't using old kerosene.
As of about five minutes ago the heat should (hopefully) be good. I'm definitely going to have to go buy one in case this happens again though. Truth be told I think the changing temperature was more of an issue then just the cold

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys are nuts if you don’t hook up. Heck, we’ve probably all driven further for doughnuts.
I hope we can try... it just becomes a matter as to whether or not timing and mutual schedules interlock. I do happen to know a great coffee shop near I-66 and 495, outside of Tyson's Corner... :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
As of about five minutes ago the heat should (hopefully) be good. I'm definitely going to have to go buy one in case this happens again though. Truth be told I think the changing temperature was more of an issue then just the cold
Been there, man. I remember vividly being just really pissed that I could see my breath inside my house. Well, hopefully the heat is fixed and you get better soon.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
ArmbarVacuum.gif

Sometimes you just gotta' make the vacuum tap.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Hope you feel better, bro.

The kerosene heater is a good idea. We even had one here when we lived at high altitude. Worked great, kept the pups warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions