Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
update....now I am right about here

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
um...young..?? You think I'm young - well, that makes one of you.. :)

It is all a matter of perspective...... But have been assuming....possibly incorrectly..... that almost everyone is younger than me... and that I am a bonafide geezer since I have been 20....twice and I am well on my way to the third time.... but if I can base my age on how I feel today.... I am about 106..... an afternoon, evening and night of dealing with food poisoning will do that to you......

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hate caterpillars now. I hate them. It seems like for the past 2 days those little crawly things have been everywhere outside, on the sidewalk on stairs (the outside ones) the rails next to them. I have to be careful not to step on them! I assume they are caterpillars, im not completely sure ... they just need to hurry up and turn into butterflies and fly to where ever they fly off to.:beaver:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a week... Started out last night with a woman whose co-worker slit her throat, then a woman with a GI Bleed arrested, then intubated a woman in status epilepticus, then one with a truly massive intracranial hemorrhage, then an acute MI (a guy with a valve replacement who decided to stop taking all his meds. Because he read on the internet that all he really needed to do was take vitamins...) who arrested, twice, before we could get him to cath lab, then took a knife from a woman who was convinced that the CIA was controlling her brain (meth is bad... mkay?). And that was just last night.
Notice that there's only one man in that mess? I think it's a female conspiracy to wear me out...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's been a week... Started out last night with a woman whose co-worker slit her throat, then a woman with a GI Bleed arrested, then intubated a woman in status epilepticus, then one with a truly massive intracranial hemorrhage, then an acute MI (a guy with a valve replacement who decided to stop taking all his meds. Because he read on the internet that all he really needed to do was take vitamins...) who arrested, twice, before we could get him to cath lab, then took a knife from a woman who was convinced that the CIA was controlling her brain (meth is bad... mkay?). And that was just last night.
Notice that there's only one man in that mess? I think it's a female conspiracy to wear me out...
not quite fullmoon yet though....

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
not quite fullmoon yet though....

Purely superstition. Studies have actually been done, and the phase of the moon has zero affect on the number or type of patients seen.
I hear the same thing from co-workers, and they all pretty much know this will get an eye roll, at the very least.
Although, maybe that woman should be a warning to me not to piss off co-workers....

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Purely superstition. Studies have actually been done, and the phase of the moon has zero affect on the number or type of patients seen.
I hear the same thing from co-workers, and they all pretty much know this will get an eye roll, at the very least.
Although, maybe that woman should be a warning to me not to piss off co-workers....
I know of the studies, but I see reality as well...

on another forum, you could set your calendar, the week before full moon the hormonal wenches came out to start a pi**ing match!
Every single month!

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is all a matter of perspective...... But have been assuming....possibly incorrectly..... that almost everyone is younger than me... and that I am a bonafide geezer since I have been 20....twice and I am well on my way to the third time.... but if I can base my age on how I feel today.... I am about 106..... an afternoon, evening and night of dealing with food poisoning will do that to you......

Ah.. okay, well - as you are - as you say 'have been 20 twice and well on your way to the third time'..
that would make me younger than you - however; not young - as I am closer to the half century mark.. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I apparently ate something that was not good..... don't know what....but it sure has kicked the living daylights out of me.... I have all the energy of a wet noodle at the moment...I will spare you the gory details of last night and the ER

Hope you're feeling better, bro.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sure. But you would be naïve if you didnt automatically assume they are lying. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions