Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A full sized Unimog? Nope. Don't really want to either, since they're useless on the road, and too big for the trails in this part of the world.
I have driven a Unimog-axled Wrangler, though. Awesome clearance, and because the Unimog axles have incredibly low gear ratios, they crawl incredibly well. The only other way to get a crawl ratio in that range is to spring for something like the Atlas 4-speed transfer case, which goes down to a 10:1 ratio with both low ranges engaged.
well, I actually 'drove' one, back in the late 70s, early 80s.....
They are actually great where a tractor is too slow, but you still need something for off roading, so to speak.
But then again, by then the new machine was 15 years old, the old one 25....:) and they were not really big. (but I think they had a reputation for being turned on their nose when driven carelessly....)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, that really happens?!

Way to go to foster a good relationship with police.....
Sadly it happens often. Parents call because kids won't go to sleep, or go to school, clean their room. I even got called once because the dad wanted to watch baseball on TV and his 6 year old wouldn't let him and threw a TV remote at him.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sadly it happens often. Parents call because kids won't go to sleep, or go to school, clean their room. I even got called once because the dad wanted to watch baseball on TV and his 6 year old wouldn't let him and threw a TV remote at him.

way back in my days in security, we got a couple, who brought their 8 year old into the hospital because they could not control him and felt he needed to be put on the mental heath ward for the weekend.... all pretty much thought the just wanted a weekend off. Interesting thing, this uncontrollable child, sat down and kept quiet. And all it took was for me to walk in, tell him to calm down and behave. Doctor took note of that and sent them all home, after he talked to the parents a bit. I have no idea what he said to them, but they look rather embarrassed when they left

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
STOP Calling the police because your 7 year old won't go to bed.........Im not her parent
Okay... sounds reasonable but im still calling the pokice anyway. I AM NOT hoing to bed ubtil I know there is no monsters under the bed nor in the closet :beaver:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, I actually 'drove' one, back in the late 70s, early 80s.....
They are actually great where a tractor is too slow, but you still need something for off roading, so to speak.
But then again, by then the new machine was 15 years old, the old one 25....:) and they were not really big. (but I think they had a reputation for being turned on their nose when driven carelessly....)

That's kind of the point. The Unimog axle design, with it's massive ground clearance, is absolutely perfect for a hard core rock crawler. But wasted on anything else.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay... sounds reasonable but im still calling the pokice anyway. I AM NOT hoing to bed ubtil I know there is no monsters under the bed nor in the closet :beaver:
I got no issue with you calling the pokice just leave the police alone

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not, I'm doing Tai-chi! At, least, you know....until the Pokice come.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm home with bronchitis instead of working...
Tried to teach last night and ended up turning the class over. If I try to speak above a whisper, I squeak like a pubescent boy...

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
78 degrees at 2pm today supposed to be in 30s around 2am. That's just silly

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still snowing all around here. Roads closed. Massive delays.
Springtime. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions