Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Eye problem is a detached retina, a little to late, they can fix it they think but my vision will not come back in that eye like it was before....and my serious MA pursuits are likely over...per MD and per my wife

Oh no, that sucks!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mailed a package to my gaming bud in Qatar...he's airforce, and a long way from home for the holidays.
I packed it last night and barely slept a wink, trying not to forget to mail it today...now I am all giddy, can't wait to hear form him.
(as usual, I was not 100% serious when I shoved the cards my girl scouts made last week into the box, along with some other seasonal goodies)
:shamefullyembarrased:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What you going to be doing. Id like to spend some time exploring that area someday
Family for holidays. Taking the two of the three kids down. My son has to stay and work, so he'll mind the homestead.

I have three family members currently battling cancer, including my brother and dad who both live in Arizona. So, in addition, I'm going down to find out just what the hell is going on in Arizona that's causing them to get cancer.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
guess who has two thumbs and gave blood today... thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis guy :)
i asked the lady to take my picture so she took two, tge first i got distracted by something on tge ground and both, i blinked
15449_733405340074427_3321996790597505906_n.jpg

Last edited:

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Vermin Infestation or Jury duty summons? Not sure which I am happier about occurring right now.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Family for holidays. Taking the two of the three kids down. My son has to stay and work, so he'll mind the homestead.

I have three family members currently battling cancer, including my brother and dad who both live in Arizona. So, in addition, I'm going down to find out just what the hell is going on in Arizona that's causing them to get cancer.
Sorry to hear about that. I hope they have a positive outcome. enjoy your time together

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you, retina reattachment is not fun, not one little bit. Especially if you want to get it over with and get it done in the MD's office.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you, retina reattachment is not fun, not one little bit. Especially if you want to get it over with and get it done in the MD's office.
That doesn't sound good. Is there any chance, after treatment, that you can work with limited contact? Maybe get some really good sports goggles to protect your eyes?

Sorry to hear about that. I hope they have a positive outcome. enjoy your time together
It's okay. If you're going to get cancer, bladder cancer is very treatable if caught early. The treatment stinks, but the outcome is just fine.

So far, I'm good, but my doctor is convinced that three of five men in a family getting bladder cancer at roughly the same time is the result of exposure to something environmental, and he's pretty confident that I'll get it too within the next 5 years or so. I'm wondering if there wasn't something we were exposed to as a family while we lived in base housing as kids.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That doesn't sound good. Is there any chance, after treatment, that you can work with limited contact? Maybe get some really good sports goggles to protect your eyes?

It's okay. If you're going to get cancer, bladder cancer is very treatable if caught early. The treatment stinks, but the outcome is just fine.

So far, I'm good, but my doctor is convinced that three of five men in a family getting bladder cancer at roughly the same time is the result of exposure to something environmental, and he's pretty confident that I'll get it too within the next 5 years or so. I'm wondering if there wasn't something we were exposed to as a family while we lived in base housing as kids.
Yeah I know there is a big study about Base housing on Camp Lejeune because of exposure to chemicals of some kind. I'm not up on all the details I just saw an article or two in passing. That does sound like far more then a coincidence there. Def worth checking into

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washed the Vette yesterday while it was nice, and changed the oil in the Wrangler before our road trip next week. Noticed that the tires on the Jeep, while OK, are not great. And they're street tires (came on it when Sue bought it), which I don't care for. So we're off to get new shoes for Jeepers this afternoon. BFG Mud Terrains...

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
off to classs, class studying for finals next week. made As i bet im going to ace this final next week with either a A- or B+ but today is just study so i better go find a good parking place before they are all gone

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dudes...

We're going to be in Indiana next week to visit Sue's parents. Fast trip, sadly. Drive from Colorado Monday night and Tuesday, spend Tuesday and Wednesday nights and leave by lunch on Thursday to drive to Texas for my youngests college graduation on Friday.
If we had more time, I'd suggest a meet & greet. I'm pretty sure you still owe me ice cream. And probably a whack or two with a stick.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Steve

sorry that I missed this, good luck.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

At this point, if I try and go for limited contact after treatment the wife will go full contact.... and I will lose in many many ways.

But there si a whole lot I can work on in Taijiquan; push hands, qinna, pressure point strikes, etc. And I think I can get away with that

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dudes...

We're going to be in Indiana next week to visit Sue's parents. Fast trip, sadly. Drive from Colorado Monday night and Tuesday, spend Tuesday and Wednesday nights and leave by lunch on Thursday to drive to Texas for my youngests college graduation on Friday.
If we had more time, I'd suggest a meet & greet. I'm pretty sure you still owe me ice cream. And probably a whack or two with a stick.

Next time, then! We're in Terre Haute along I-70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions