Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't care about looking at injuries as long as I'm not thinking about it its all good :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
yay :)

i got a fight lined up for the 24th september :) this is the week after my 38th birthday :)

and i'm totally stoked :)

my foot feels a whole heap better and i managed a full set of roundhouse kicks into thin air -- not been able to do that for the last 2 weeks -- which was really good :)

got myself a new walking stick and it's made heck of a lot of difference to me - it really does help the way i walk and the amount of pressure i can put on my foot when i walk in short i love it and the best bit is that it resembles my border collie on the handle :)

yay for being able to fight again :)

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
...yesterday at practice, I did something I've been struggling to do for almost 5 years!! One of our drills involves chambering for a roundhouse kick and then, kicking 10 in a row without putting our foot down...well, dealing with a bad knee and balance issues forever, I have NEVER done this drill very well and my foot always dropped after 2 or 3 kicks - but I have always tried hard to do it right...Well, today we had to do it over a staff held at our belt level and - first try - I chambered a right roundhouse and snapped off 10 in a row like I'd been doing it right forvever!! ( I asked my Instructor if we could do it again next week so I could figure out how I did it!! )

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Did something stupid today. Because of the eye surgery I am not supposed to lift anything over 20 pounds and I am not supposed to bend over. Well everyone was gone and I wanted a can of Black beans, in the box, on the flo0or of the pantry, with a box of white beans on top. So without thinking I bent over and started pulling and DAMN...the pressure I felt in my eye scared me and I stopped and slowly stood up and waited to see if my eye was leaking, which would mean a quick run to the hospital. Luckily it wasn't, but I have been run down and tired ever since

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't worry I do stupid things all the times, constantly and multi tasking, not just one stupid thing but occasionally two or three at once, and I'm doing just fine. I'm sure one bad thing won't be too bad those doctors will fix it right up yes they will

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
my foot has taken a turn for the worse :(

i couldn't even stand up on it to get out of bed :(

thought that it was going great guns especially as i went and saw my physio yesterday :) i might hate her but she had me walking properly without my stick and then this morning it's like back to square one taking painkillers and anti inflammatories again :(

soooooo not happy :(

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
oh and i nearly forgot that i'm on deck in 23 days time :) really looking forward to fighting in the arena near me again :) it's just soooo special to me :)

am gunna be using one heck of a lot of painkillers, naaman spray and deep freeze if my foot carries on like this ;) but hell it'll be worth it just for occassion :)

my coach stepped it up a gear yesterday which was really good of him and it was only when we'd finished training that i reached for my stick again :)

admittedly i was doped up to hell but hey it's the only the way to get my practice right for the impending scrap :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
nearly forgot --- british tradition on the first of the month and can only be said before 12 noon :) ---

"RABBITS"

don't know the whole history of it at all but it's a quirky tradition that i'm more than happy to carry on :)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Family pool party at the house today. Looking forward to it! Downside is that it means I have to clean. Which is kind've okay as I like to clean. ;)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i got told today that i can have a new car on a 3 year lease :) the lease is £55 per week and includes absolutely everything :) and what's more is that i can have it adapted wit hand controls for no extra cost which is spot on given the amount of lower leg/ankle/foot injuries that i've had and continue to live with :( due to me scrapping ;)

consider this most people put a deposit down on a car and pay around £200 a month plus insurance, plus car tax, plus it's mot, plus any other sundries and servicing that it'll plus go-go juice :( not good and then at the end of 3 years they'll prolly start the process all over again :(

yay for a positive experience at the car dealers today :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
:idea: EUREKA!!!

Found a way to train. Zhan Zhuang and some other waist, back chest practice I picked up from a huanyin taiji guy.....ahhh I feel better now

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
:idea: EUREKA!!!

Found a way to train. Zhan Zhuang and some other waist, back chest practice I picked up from a huanyin taiji guy.....ahhh I feel better now

You don't want Donna to give you the lecture you gave her a few weeks back, do you!
slow, my friend, SLOOOOOOWWWWWWW! :)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
xue if you don't slow down then you'll end up like me - totally tukd well before your time :(

listen to yourself and the advice that you shell out to others please and like granfire says SLOOOOOOOOOWWWWW down for your own sake and well being please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.