Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sold cookies, got more cookies....spend more time getting the cookies than it should have....getting one more beer, then off to bed.

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
New week and new training regime started over the weekend, back in the gym doing some weights for strength training and forgot how much I missed training like that, plus another session of body combat and I have a comfortable ache this morning. If I get time I hope to hit the gym again tonight before tang soo. Fingers crossed that I do not receive any last minute meeting requests as is the norm for Monday's.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just over 28 hours till we lift off for Cozumel.
Have I mentioned that I'm really really ready for a vacation?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
thinking of leaving my job for a Sheriff dept much closer to home. it would save me about an hour travel time both to and from work and about 58 miles each way plus I get a take home car so I wouldn't pay for gas or tolls. But its about a $25,000 pay cut. hmmmmmmmmmmm So is 2 more hours a day at home worth the pay cut

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was in a mall parking lot last Saturday where they apparently decided to plow all the snow to one side of the lot because there was a snow plateau there about 2 feet high that was likely close to 100ft x 100ft

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kenpo tonight and no gym as I won't have the time. Although the pain in my triceps (good pain, not bad pain) is telling me my new regime is working.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
ha ha its a balmy 18 here

just a few minutes ago I overheard someone say "it is just not right when you look at 20 degrees and balmy" and at this point we are.

And now another snow storm coming mid-week...maybe...the weathermen are predicting a dusting....to 12 inches....it depends on who you want to believe

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
thinking of leaving my job for a Sheriff dept much closer to home. it would save me about an hour travel time both to and from work and about 58 miles each way plus I get a take home car so I wouldn't pay for gas or tolls. But its about a $25,000 pay cut. hmmmmmmmmmmm So is 2 more hours a day at home worth the pay cut

Rough call. Which one would you rather have...the money or the commute? Given that you already have a very stressful profession I would recommend the one that causes less stress. Just my .02.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yes.

I could likely make 25k more if I worked further down in Mass. Its not worth it. I like going for hikes after work or not arriving home exhausted from the commute.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.